Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: I need some serious help
guest_Unregistered
Yeah, you definitely Effed up when you downloaded the anti-virus software. I think when you get pop ups and websites like that, THOSE are the actual viruses.

My advice to you as far as that goes is to somehow download AVG anti-virus: http://free.avg.com/us-en/download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition

It's the best, IMO. The school I worked at used that software. Actually, I think the entire County does. Of course they use the business whatever edition, but the free works just as well.

Once it's downloaded and installed, restart your PC in Safe Mode.

It may be best to restart in Safe Mode with Networking and download it then (Because you -CAN'T- have 2 antivirus programs installed at once. Each 1 will think the other is a virus and it'll cause problems).

Anyway, whenever you're able to get it, you should start your PC in Safe Mode. Open up your Control Panel and go to ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS and uninstall the program you downloaded. After you do -that- run the AVG scanner. That should fix it.

EDIT:

Using restore/recovery doesn't necessarily fix anything. It'll take the PC back to an earlier point that worked, but the viruses will still be there. Trust me, I know from experience. I did that and wound up with 1600 viruses on my hard drive and it fried the motherboard.
Posted on: 2009/12/24 16:47
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
What about formatting your computer? Or do you have a recovery disc? It might help to reverse your accidental deleting.
Posted on: 2009/12/24 5:58
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Does reinstalling your software help?

I think if you do that, all the default icons come back. I'M NOT SURE, but it's worth a try. You just need the disc.. And perhaps your backup files which i'm sure you made, right?...
Posted on: 2009/12/23 23:05
I need some serious help
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
I was trying to clean up my computer and I ended up deleting some shit I should not have. Internet and Wordpad or whatever are two of the things I deleted. I need to know how to get the internet back and it's icon along with the Wordad/Worksheet thing. And THEN I downloaded some shit becuase it told me that I had 40+ viruses and it told me It could get rid of em for me. But I was too stupid to think, "I probably gotta pay for this shit." And I do in fact gotta pay for this shit. And now I can't uninstall it because appearently EVERYTHING (censored)ING THING on my computer has some sort of virus. I'm not even sure how I managed to open up the internet. Yeah, so I feel like I'm getting screwed over. Either I buy it or it cotinues to hassle me. If anyone could help me out that'd be great. Thanks.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/12/23 17:55
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12