12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Hikaruxhide
      Hikaruxhide
exodus OR TITO??
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 25/F/NYC
Which album did you like better? =] Exodus OR This is the one?
Posted on: 2010/1/2 14:35
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: exodus OR TITO??
guest_Unregistered
Well, Exodus has 5 songs I like (Exodus 04, Easy Breezy, Hotel Lobby, Kremlin Dusk, About Me) and TITO has 7 songs I like (CBTM, MCML-FYI, Apple and Cinnamon, Taking My Money Back, This One, Dirty Desire, On and On), so I guess I have to say I like TITO more!
Posted on: 2010/1/2 15:01
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
"Which one is better" is such a bad thing to say. Both albums descend completely different genres, and are completely different.

I like EXODUS because of its experimental edge, and the fact it's full of "Utada-isms".

I like This Is the One due to its more down-to-earth and "mainstream" approach Utada took with it.

I like EXODUS as a whole, I love all 14 (16 if you include the UK bonus tracks) of the tracks. This Is the One is also a good album, however, it faulters slightly with Automatic Pt. II, which means I only like 9 out of the 10 tracks really...

I prefer EXODUS simply because at first I truly did not like it, yet after a few listens, I was hooked on it's beats, lyrics and Utada's vocals.
This Is the One is also a good album, but I just feel Utada missed something from the album. Don't get me wrong, TItO is a great album, and I like the approach she took with it, but overall, EXODUS just wins by a little.
Posted on: 2010/1/2 16:29
  •  tempest_phoenix
      tempest_phoenix
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/M/NorthernIreland
Exodus was made for existing fans, TITO was made to make new ones. Therefore TITO is less what Utada is about and submits to American culture too much. Exodus is better because it's more original, more imaginative and far more clever. It's for a discerning audience, not the masses. TITO is good, but not very well put together and unimaginative. Exodus is TITO's antithesis, and as a result, much more impressive in my opinion, considering the endless barrage of silly r'n'b pop that eminates from the U S of A. Love Utada, but I prefer Exodus to TITO. We love her for her experimental Japanese music and it was a bit like a slap in the face when TITO was released. Don't get me wrong, i love TITO, but it wasn't what i had expected or hoped it would be.
Posted on: 2010/1/2 19:40
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
Exodus.
Posted on: 2010/1/2 20:25
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
As much as I love Exodus I enjoyed TITO a whole lot more. For me the experimental sound was getting old and she came up with an album that was different from that sound.
Posted on: 2010/1/2 21:47
  •  Hikaruxhide
      Hikaruxhide
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 25/F/NYC
Quote:

JimJam wrote:
"Which one is better" is such a bad thing to say. Both albums descend completely different genres, and are completely different.

I like EXODUS because of its experimental edge, and the fact it's full of "Utada-isms".

I like This Is the One due to its more down-to-earth and "mainstream" approach Utada took with it.

I like EXODUS as a whole, I love all 14 (16 if you include the UK bonus tracks) of the tracks. This Is the One is also a good album, however, it faulters slightly with Automatic Pt. II, which means I only like 9 out of the 10 tracks really...

I prefer EXODUS simply because at first I truly did not like it, yet after a few listens, I was hooked on it's beats, lyrics and Utada's vocals.
This Is the One is also a good album, but I just feel Utada missed something from the album. Don't get me wrong, TItO is a great album, and I like the approach she took with it, but overall, EXODUS just wins by a little.

I didn't mean which one is better in a bad way, i meant to say which one did people like better and why.it was a typo that will be corrected. SORRY YOU TOOK IT THE WRONG WAY.I love ALL of UTADA's music and my post was simply a question to see what people liked better and why.
Posted on: 2010/1/3 1:26
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
At first, I liked This is The One better, because it was more accessible, straightforward, and simple in comparison to Exodus. I didn't like Exodus at all when it came out. I didn't even listen to all the songs. After listening to TITO I decided to go back to Exodus. After listening to it a more few times all the way through, the album really started to sink in. The electronic beats, experimental edge, unique themes, and crazy lyrics. Each time I listen to it, I feel there are more meanings and mysteries I can discovere and now, I just absolutely love Exodus! There's just something about it that makes it more satisfying in the long run than TITO, IMO.
Posted on: 2010/1/4 23:58
  •  joeri
      joeri
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L not telling! :)
exodus by far. i mean it has kremlin dusk and animato :3
Posted on: 2010/1/5 1:21
  •  airac
      airac
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
In EXODUS, I liked the following:
Exodus '04
Easy Breezy
Hotel Lobby *
Animato *
Crossover *
You Make Me Want To Be A Man *
About Me *

In This Is The One, I liked the following:
Come Back to Me *
Me Muero
Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence -FYI *
Apple and Cinnamon *
Taking my Money Back *
This One(Crying Like a Child) *
Poppin'
On and On *

* Favorites

Based on the number of favorite songs that I've listed, I prefer This Is the One better.
Posted on: 2010/1/5 5:50
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12345>