Me Muero
Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence -FYI *
Apple and Cinnamon *
Taking my Money Back *
This One(Crying Like a Child) *
Poppin'
On and On *

* Favorites

Based on the number of favorite songs that I've listed, I prefer This Is the One better.

:O no kremlin dusk?
....damn i dident knew people existed that dident listed kremlin dusk as one of favourites....you ma man are the fist :P
Posted on: 2010/1/6 5:01
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Re: exodus OR TITO??
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Exodus
For the Win.
Because it has Kremlin Dusk.
Just kidding but that song is really overwhelming!

It's solid and most Exodus fans here already made their points to why they prefer it more than Tito. So many replays that I can hardly remember. Love almost every single track except for a few which I find quite annoying. Tippy Toe for instance. I find Exodus quite well balanced. I can't stand Tito because it's too mainstream and too rnb-ish for my taste but it's not like I hate it. I still play it from time to time. FYI is a great song. Coming back to Exodus, I really enjoy songs like Hotel Lobby, About Me, Kremlin Dusk, YMMWTBAM, Workout, Animato, Devil Inside and Easy Breezy. And most of the songs from Exodus are really killers when performed live.
Posted on: 2010/1/6 6:51
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
someone give me a link to listen to kremlin dusk..so many fans here say that song is totally amazing but i never really listened to it..never took the time to listen to it rather..i liked exodus..lots of songs i liked on the album but it wasnt hikki i thought..

but i prefer this is the one...i like the feel and though it looks like she tried too hard to fit into mainstream..its more 'her'..
Posted on: 2010/1/6 17:40
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I think exodus is better in my opinion.
I really like Kremlin Dusk, Hotel Lobby, Devil Inside, Wonder 'Bout, the Opening, You make me want to be a man, About Me, and Exodus '04. they're some of my favorites from utada
This is the one is good but not that great but i like come back to me, fyi and dirty desire(really catchy chorus)
Posted on: 2010/1/6 19:45
  •  Hikaruxhide
      Hikaruxhide
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 25/F/NYC
Quote:

kayoko wrote:
someone give me a link to listen to kremlin dusk..so many fans here say that song is totally amazing but i never really listened to it..never took the time to listen to it rather..i liked exodus..lots of songs i liked on the album but it wasnt hikki i thought..

but i prefer this is the one...i like the feel and though it looks like she tried too hard to fit into mainstream..its more 'her'..

HEY here's a link to utada singing kremlin dusk live, It's an awesome song and also one of my ultimate faves from exodus =]
hope you enjoy it as well~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV74xk2WTqg
Posted on: 2010/1/6 20:31
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
I honestly don't know anymore. I would have said TITO a few weeks ago no doubt, but I listened to all of Exodus today for the first time and some of it is really good.

On Exodus I like songs Hotel Lobby, Easy Breezy, Exodus 04, Workout, and Tippy Toe. O.o That's way more than I thought I would. Every song on Exodus is...awkward, but its still distinctly Utada. Exodus songs more closely resemble her Japanese work in my opinion in that the composition is unique and they sound like something I have never heard before. She explores new styles with Kremlin Dusk (my favorite) and kinda invents her own with About Me. Although some songs, I have no idea what she was thinking when she wrote them (Animato, Let Me Give You Love).

TITO is a lot more mainstream America, so I guess I would like it by default. It has really good songs like FYI and This One, but I would say it is less "Utada Hikaru" though. The only songs on TITO that sound really "Utada Hikaru" are Me Muero and Poppin.

I say they tie. TITO is good because it's mainstream and what I'm used to hearing on the radio. Exodus is really weird at times but it has more of the Utada magic
Posted on: 2010/1/10 16:10
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
Quote:

quincye93 wrote:
Although some songs, I have no idea what she was thinking when she wrote them (Animato, Let Me Give You Love).

You've got to remember that Timbaland helped write Let Me Give You My Love, so he's partially responsible! I however, really like the song!

And as for Animato, this song was written by Utada either in hospital or just after she'd gotten out, after having a benign (sp?) ovarian tumour removed.
Posted on: 2010/1/11 11:05
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
exodus for me cuz its got more character than TITO. it may not be mainstream but at least it's got character.
Posted on: 2010/1/11 11:13
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22/M/Earth
i have to go with exodus it has more character/flavor and its WAY more original :D

tito is still an awesome cd ( listening to it right now ^.^)
Posted on: 2010/1/11 14:21
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
I'm just curious about this, I heard that the music for Exodus 04 isn't entirely composed by Timbaland. There are rumors here and there that he stole it or something like that. Any idea?
Posted on: 2010/1/12 18:34
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>