<12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  utadafan2k1
      utadafan2k1
Re: exodus OR TITO??
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Exodus, and it's not even a contest. Not even a contest!!!

TITO = Decent, somewhat predictable RnB album.
Exodus = Unpredictable, exciting, deep mashup of multiple genres, sounds, and styles.

Exodus = Winnar by default.

TITO isn't a bad album by any means, it's just that Exodus set the bar so high, and her record label wasn't going to let her release another Exodus since it didn't do too well here...
Posted on: 2010/1/26 14:30
  •  zunecrazy
      zunecrazy
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/ Male / Miami FL
I really loved Exodus because it felt like something genuinely different from anything that was going on that year (or within the 3 following years for that matter) This is the One I liked but not as much. I really loved Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence and Me Muero but the others seemed a bit...off. Like she didn't (I'm preparing to get flogged) put all the soul she put in her other albums in it. They're good tracks, but not great and certainly not when held against her previous albums.
Posted on: 2010/1/26 16:40
  •  kjazz
      kjazz
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I have exodus and did not get This is the One yet. I do like TITO more as she seeks what she wanted to do and many of the songs have the unmistakable style that is her and exodus is less so. Yes TITO is a little more commercial r & b (which is OK with me), but it does make it more appealing to a greater audience. A problem is r&b competes with rap and then she is promoted on rock radio. There is a lot of rock in it too. At the "In the Flesh" live, both CD songs were very good so once again a difficult choice to make. It would be difficult to say that Kremin Dusk and YMMWTBAM although powerful were better than the fun in the opening of On and On and the closing Me Muero.
Posted on: 2010/1/31 8:16
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
EXODUS is so forced....TITO is more natural sounding

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2010/1/31 12:35
  •  manjowithane
      manjowithane
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
For me, Exodus wins hands down. TITO is a mediocre album, and more importantly was not produced by Utada herself so loses a lot of her essence. People might find Exodus a little forced, but it was an extremely important album in the development of Hikki's production sound. It spawned Ultra Blue... I can't see TITO having an influence on her next work.

Oh and, TITO had no Kremlin Dusk. No YMMWTBAM. No Devil Inside. No Animato. No good.
Posted on: 2010/1/31 13:21
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

kjazz wrote:
I have exodus and did not get This is the One yet. I do like TITO more as she seeks what she wanted to do and many of the songs have the unmistakable style that is her and exodus is less so. Yes TITO is a little more commercial r & b (which is OK with me), but it does make it more appealing to a greater audience. A problem is r&b competes with rap and then she is promoted on rock radio. There is a lot of rock in it too. At the "In the Flesh" live, both CD songs were very good so once again a difficult choice to make. It would be difficult to say that Kremin Dusk and YMMWTBAM although powerful were better than the fun in the opening of On and On and the closing Me Muero.

I agree 100%. She had so much fun making TITO and it was great hearing her go back to R&B roots. I play TITO, Exodus and Heart Station the most.
Posted on: 2010/1/31 13:25
  •  meekobiscuit
      meekobiscuit
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 35/M/L.A.
Well, I like them both because they both represent who Utada is. One album shows that she could very well be America's next PoP Princess. Meanwhile, the other one may have beginners to Utada scratching their heads, wondering if this is the next Bjork or the next Mariah. The truth is, Utada is so f*ing talented that she can be ANY type of artist she wants to be!

I fell in love with Utada's music when she came out with the First Love album and I feel like TITO is going back to her R&B roots. I LOVE TITO as a fun "pop" album.

With Exodus, I feel like she was able to push the boundaries of her vision as an artist. The album sounds really experimental and with the exception of a few songs, there were no real viable options as singles for the pop market. It really is a fearless album in terms of lyrical expression and production value.

So my choice is.. BOTH. They are BOTH amazing!!!!!!!!
Posted on: 2010/1/31 18:47
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
Nice signature and avatar DEEPRlVER. That's all I wanted to say
Posted on: 2010/1/31 19:09
  •  buzzyrecky
      buzzyrecky
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/Male/Hawaii
Agreed with that^

anyways, as much as I love both, Exodus wins. By far actually

I like Exodus more than any of her CDs but Ultra Blue... No joke.
Posted on: 2010/2/6 23:01
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
It's really funny, because back when I was still kind of new to Utada's music, I remember always hearing people talk about how terrible EXODUS was....now it seems like everyone loves it! Which is a good thing of course, I'm so happy to see people appreciate what Utada did with it.

Sadly though, I am going to have to go with This is the One. As much as I absolutely love EXODUS, This is the One feels a little more natural to me, and I love how she went back to her roots with the R&B style, like with Precious and First Love. On and On, FYI, Apple and Cinnamon, Me Muero, heck, pretty much every song I cannot get enough of. And even though they are just bonus tracks, having Simple and Clean and Sanctuary there is just the big juicy cherry on top.
Posted on: 2010/2/7 2:18
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>