Poster Thread
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Photography
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
I just got an email from TicketWeb:

"Dear TicketWeb customer,

This is an important email from TicketWeb regarding your booking for the Utada event at O2 Academy Islington on 12 February 2010.

Please note the following information:

?At the request of the artist, all photography is strictly prohibited for this event. This includes mobile phones.?

If you require any further assistance, please contact us by clicking on: http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/helpdesk.html

Thank you for booking with TicketWeb and we hope you enjoy the event."

This sucks for those who can't come - this means we can't take any pictures or videos!
I just hope it IS recorded on an official basis, then!
Posted on: 2010/1/13 7:42
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re: Photography
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
that sucks...
hopefully i'll be able to take pictures at the hawaii concert.
Posted on: 2010/1/13 9:29
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 21/F/OK, USA
Thank god, I hate having to watch a concert through the viewfinder of some dip's digital camera (really, it's rude and annoying--you have eyes and a memory for a reason!).

So I'm glad to hear this.
Posted on: 2010/1/13 9:40
  •  Justingac
      Justingac
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 18/M/Wisconsin
That sucks, I can understand not having Flash photography but none what so ever is kinda sucky.

I'm hoping to still get my ticket for chicago, but if things do not work out, I'd like to see videos and pictures from the shows.

This blows.
Posted on: 2010/1/13 10:17
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I'm going to the NYC concert and I didn't get an email like that, so as far as I'm concerned that rule doesn't apply to me :)

Honestly if Utada is like "please don't take pictures while I'm performing" then I'll respect that and put my camera away, but I seriously doubt she cares.
Posted on: 2010/1/13 10:44
  •  Rando
      Rando
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20/M/Indonesia
hei, that rules only for the Utada event at O2 Academy Islington on 12 February 2010 right ?
Posted on: 2010/1/15 15:17
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Hey Rando,

The Hawaii event also did not allow photography of any kind.

It begs to question:

WHY is Hikki or her management not allowing photographs? As much as I like her, and as much as I think that she's 'down to earth' it appears that the only LOGICAL conclusion to draw from this is that Utada Hikaru is a conceited ____.

Is it to force us to buy a DVD? Or is she a vampire? That would make SENSE. Maybe she's a vampire that you can't take a photo of.
Posted on: 2010/1/16 14:49
  •  aerith
      aerith
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19/F/AZ
Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:

WHY is Hikki or her management not allowing photographs? As much as I like her, and as much as I think that she's 'down to earth' it appears that the only LOGICAL conclusion to draw from this is that Utada Hikaru is a conceited ____.

How in the world did you come to that conclusion?
Posted on: 2010/1/16 14:55
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
If you don't like my first conclusion, you can always defer your attention to conclusion #2.

As for my methods, it's called Deduction. Have you read Sherlock Holmes? The final outcome, no matter how implausible, or irrational sounding --- must, invariably, be the truth.

But right now I am stuck between two. And the fact that she can appear in Daylight concerns me. Maybe I should scratch off #2. But then --- what if she were a reverse-vampire?

Now that is something to be concerned about.
Posted on: 2010/1/16 15:02
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:

Is it to force us to buy a DVD?

I think that it is to make us buy a DVD. But I seriously doubt it's because Utada is conceited. If anything it was her manager or whoever above her that made the concert no photo/video. It is not Utada trying to make a buck or upset her fans. I remember in one interview she even said she doesn't care if people download her music for free as long as they listen and like it. So I serious doubt that she would personally care if someone taped her concert.

While was Utada is the star of the concert, she did not book it and her managers are paying for the venue. They give her certain orders and she has to follow them.
Posted on: 2010/1/16 15:04
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>