Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Remixed & Karaoke Bar
  Utada Hikaru - HEART STATION (AuTra Remix)

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Re: dJ pHO - hEART sTATION remix (piano by Grace Ong)
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
ur remix of heart station is really awesome im not joking
Posted on: 2010/2/8 18:19
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 26/M/Hawaii
DAW - Digital Audio Workstation

I use Logic with VSTs as Spectrasonics Omnisphere and Trilogy. PSP Audioware for mastering purposes and Rob Papen Predator for synths.

Kick - sounds distorted unless you were going for that sound and it lacks presence within the track. I suggest you layer kicks. by layering kicks you'll come up with much better results: increased presence and sound. EQ is key when layering as you must . Also what I recommend, once you find a kick sound you created and like, save it to a sampler.

Hi Hats needs more presence

The synths are fine.

The bass drums - tighten them up a bit (EQ , Compressor)

I also hear distortion throughout the second half of the track aside from the kick. Are any of the tracks clipping? If so adjust volume. It is not necessary to increase volume to make it louder, That is where compressors and EQ comes in. don't go extreme with them two. Even if the adjustments are subtle, it still contributes.

All in all, you arrangements are good and the track is well paced. Remember, EQ and Compressors are your best friend. They help give each instrument a piece of the pie, you can say.

Side note: Frequencies are your best friend as well. Learn them. Here is a chart to use for reference - Future Magazine Frequency Chart
Posted on: 2010/2/8 23:26
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 26/M/Hawaii
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
HS remix, the whole minute were great, but from 11 to 18 second not to clear .... the rest were nice . Maybe its because mp3 file, try with flac file i think its better.

Hi SwallowTail,

Its not the mp3 file format that makes parts of the song unclear. What you heard can only be rectified in the mix down phase of the track creation process.

:)
Posted on: 2010/2/8 23:29
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 26/M/Hawaii
dj Pho,

In addition here is my personal favorite reference chart for frequencies. Much more detailed than the one mentioned previously.

frequencies-of-common-instruments

Hope that helps B-]
Posted on: 2010/2/8 23:45
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L Not something you need to know
What does it mean to layer kick? Oh and i did mean to make it sound distorted. I like distroted. I like chiptune/glitch music that's why.

For the hats and bass drum, are u sure ur eq for ur speakers or headphones are normal or default? because to me it sounds like my hats were too loud and bass drums were really bassy. Like my headphones were vibrating my skull.

Yea I do have a problem with volume. But i guess that comes with my glitch style.

I've never understood compressors, can you explain them to me?

Oh and SwallowTail, I think i know why 11 - 18 is unclear for you. Sometimes if ur speakers lack bass or have weird bass, the song lowers in volume dramatically. So if you dont have bass, you wont hear the bassline and u just hear the audio go down. Cause at 11 seconds, the bassline starts.

www.youtube.com/fadcAuTra
Posted on: 2010/2/11 4:06
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16 / M / Palembang
God... I love this remix. kinda tatu-ish I think, but that's great.
do you have other Utada remixes??? mind to share it here?
and where did you get the vocal track??

btw I just became your fan
Posted on: 2010/3/11 0:28
Hikki Obsessed
Yes I have more. The ones I finished can be found on my youtube account as well as other remixes by that are sung by other artists.

www.youtube.com/xxroxaskh2xx

As for the vocal track I filtered the song myself to make an acapella. I uploaded it on acapellas4u.co.uk
you'll have to create an account there and search up utada hikaru. that site is great for acapellas

Posted on: 2010/3/11 21:11
  •  IceAngel
      IceAngel
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/Female/UK
Wow, I love this. I especially like the bit from '1.28' and the vocal effect on '2.53' I dunno what that was called but I never know how to do it myself. Also I like your violin solo, really emotive I think especially when you break it down to the piano at the end.
Posted on: 2010/3/13 3:43
Hikki Obsessed
Hey guys I just want to let you know that I have a new YouTube channel. I changed my artist name for professional reasons.

Well here it is:

Posted on: 2010/6/18 3:19
Hikki Obsessed
Sup yall I just uploaded my REMASTERED version up. I edited it in my first post and I hope yall enjoy it :]

Posted on: 2011/1/10 6:30
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>