Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Help Utada Get On The Ellen Degeneres Show!!!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...9>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
Help Utada Get On The Ellen Degeneres Show!!!
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
Ellen is looking for international singers for an upcoming segment on her show! This would be PERFECT promotion for Utada and the new Dirty Desire single! Plus she fits the criteria perfectly!

Quote:
Ellen is discovering some amazing international music. Now she's looking for more -- and wants your help! If you know any great musicians from around the world, tell us why you think Ellen would love them.

Read more: http://ellen.warnerbros.com/show/respond/?PlugID=257#ixzz0dQ6XTDCV

Help by submitting a form here!
http://ellen.warnerbros.com/show/respond/?PlugID=257

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2010/1/22 23:56
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re: Help Utada Get On The Ellen Degeneres Show!!!
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
good idea. that would be awesome.
Posted on: 2010/1/23 0:03
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
Just sent it! Hope she'll get her on the show
Posted on: 2010/1/23 0:04
  •  tommy96814
      tommy96814
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
oprah? oh wait she's quiting soon lol
Posted on: 2010/1/23 0:37
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I just submitted it! =)
Posted on: 2010/1/23 1:12
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
AWESOME! I hope Hikki gets on the show! I just submitted my app, here is what I wrote....hope it sounds good. It's late and I wasn't sure what to say, lol.

Quote:
Utada Hikaru is one of the most successful artists of all time in Japan, and is starting to break more here in the States. Her debut album in Japan, "First Love," came out in 1999, and it is still the best selling album of all time in Japan, and that was when she was only 16 years old! Ever since then she has been doing amazing album after amazing album. Her next 2 albums DISTANCE and DEEP RIVER are in the top 10 of the best selling albums in Japan, and what's awesome is that she writes and composes all the music herself! she was actually born in New York and tried to get into music here, but got a great offer from EMI Japan and then broke out almost right away. Because she was born here her music is inspired by things like The Beatles, Queen, Led Zepplin, Michael Jackson, and many other Western artists. She is also bilingual and can speak perfect English too! She is actually touring right now here in the U.S.! I saw her in Seattle and she was spectacular! She is a very down to earth person and I think would be great for your show Ellen! Especially for the dancing. Her newest single "Dirty Desire" is a funky humorous, and sexy song that I think you would love! If you would like please check out that song as well as the debut single "Come Back to Me." Her new album is called "This is the One." I highly suggest you check it out!

Thank you for your time, and I very much hope to see Utada on your show! - Shawn
Posted on: 2010/1/23 1:47
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Haha sent that sucka!

Yah i think i definitely sold it to her the best i could. Mentioning how her show would get a surge in views and popularity with Utada on and reasons why she would be great on there. I kept thinking of it at a business perspective lol. Meh..here's what i wrote:

Hi Ellen If you're looking for amazing international music, then I highly suggest one of the best that's out there. Born in the NYC but made it big in Japan, Utada Hikaru is a LEGEND in Japanese music history. She has been big for over a decade and even debuted bigger and earlier than Britney Spears. Utada writes, composes, produces, arranges, and sings all of her music. She sings in Japanese and English perfectly. In fact, she even made a "bilingual mix" of the Kingdom Hearts 2 theme songs Passion/Sanctuary to perform in front of her American fans during her "in the flesh" tour. The lyrics of her songs very often connect with a wide range of people from Adult japanese men and women, teenage boys and girls, to even 6' tall black men. Her talent definitely casts a massive shadow over many artists that are out there today. And an added bonus is that she is a very humble and down-to-earth kind of girl. Utada has a surprisingly massive fanbase in the states. If you featured Utada on your show, you would have a sell out show and literally millions of people would be watching your show for Utada. She's that big. I hope you really consider featuring Utada on your show. She's really one of a kind and you truly cannot reproduce her kind of musicianship. Not only would your show get a surge in views if she is featured, but also the American audience would be introduced to an actually great musician

Check out her music and enjoy!

Thank you for your time

[insert my name]

Come on everybody! Contribute your reasons why our #1 FAV artist should be on Ellen!!
Posted on: 2010/1/23 1:56
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
Haha sent that sucka!

Yah i think i definitely sold it to her the best i could. Mentioning how her show would get a surge in views and popularity with Utada on and reasons why she would be great on there. I kept thinking of it at a business perspective lol. Meh..here's what i wrote:

Hi Ellen If you're looking for amazing international music, then I highly suggest one of the best that's out there. Born in the NYC but made it big in Japan, Utada Hikaru is a LEGEND in Japanese music history. She has been big for over a decade and even debuted bigger and earlier than Britney Spears. Utada writes, composes, produces, arranges, and sings all of her music. She sings in Japanese and English perfectly. In fact, she even made a "bilingual mix" of the Kingdom Hearts 2 theme songs Passion/Sanctuary to perform in front of her American fans during her "in the flesh" tour. The lyrics of her songs very often connect with a wide range of people from Adult japanese men and women, teenage boys and girls, to even 6' tall black men. Her talent definitely casts a massive shadow over many artists that are out there today. And an added bonus is that she is a very humble and down-to-earth kind of girl. Utada has a surprisingly massive fanbase in the states. If you featured Utada on your show, you would have a sell out show and literally millions of people would be watching your show for Utada. She's that big. I hope you really consider featuring Utada on your show. She's really one of a kind and you truly cannot reproduce her kind of musicianship. Not only would your show get a surge in views if she is featured, but also the American audience would be introduced to an actually great musician

Check out her music and enjoy!

Thank you for your time

[insert my name]

Come on everybody! Contribute your reasons why our #1 FAV artist should be on Ellen!!

*claps* Well done sir, I couldn't have said it better myself. With apps like that, I think Hikki has a great chance of getting on the show. Ellen seems like a cool girl, I think she would be smart enough to look into Utada.
Posted on: 2010/1/23 1:59
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
^Ah well thank you sir.I read yours too and i thought it was brilliant that of course Ellen would rock to Dirty Desire. Everybody's gonna dance if hikki is throwin the party!
Posted on: 2010/1/23 2:13
  •  ItsDaveyJ
      ItsDaveyJ
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/m/ny
I sent a form in =)

"Utada is one of the most prominent figures in the Japanese music scene. Even though she is a popular singer in Japan, she is in fact both Japanese and American. She was born in New York City and grew up between NYC and Tokyo. She was signed to Virgin Records when she was young, but EMI Japan released a CD of hers that became the best selling CD of all time in Japan. Two of her other records have made it into the top 10 selling albums of all time in Japan as well. She has also sold around 50 million albums, and is currently trying to work on cracking the American market under the Island Def Jam record label. Not only is she a fantastic singer, she also writes, composes, and arranges her music so that her music has integrity.

I felt the need to write this to you because I feel that through her music, she has helped me get through hard times, and to enjoy the good ones. I figure that she has given me music that I will listen to for the rest of my life, so the least I can do is to spend 10 minutes writing this just for the chance of her being able to be on your show. As a gay Asian American, I feel a strong connection with her, like every gay to his diva! (although she hardly acts like one) And it would be nice when I turn on the TV to see a person of Asian descent who isn't a joke. Asians are underrepresented in show business and it would be nice to see more. And giirrll she is also gay friendly, and did a little gay shout out in one of her songs, "On and On." Holla!"

It's late and I'm tired so I apologize if it is poorly written. My topics changed rather abruptly because of the character limit, but I tried to say as much as I could. I wasn't sure about including the gay and asian stuff but they are true so I included them anyways *shrug*
Posted on: 2010/1/23 4:14
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...9>