Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Help Utada Get On The Ellen Degeneres Show!!!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...9>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Re: Help Utada Get On The Ellen Degeneres Show!!!
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
^Ah well thank you sir.I read yours too and i thought it was brilliant that of course Ellen would rock to Dirty Desire. Everybody's gonna dance if hikki is throwin the party!

LOL. Yeah, I think Ellen would love Hikki, especially singing Dirty Desire, or perhaps On and On.

Quote:

ItsDaveyJ wrote:
I sent a form in =)

"Utada is one of the most prominent figures in the Japanese music scene. Even though she is a popular singer in Japan, she is in fact both Japanese and American. She was born in New York City and grew up between NYC and Tokyo. She was signed to Virgin Records when she was young, but EMI Japan released a CD of hers that became the best selling CD of all time in Japan. Two of her other records have made it into the top 10 selling albums of all time in Japan as well. She has also sold around 50 million albums, and is currently trying to work on cracking the American market under the Island Def Jam record label. Not only is she a fantastic singer, she also writes, composes, and arranges her music so that her music has integrity.

I felt the need to write this to you because I feel that through her music, she has helped me get through hard times, and to enjoy the good ones. I figure that she has given me music that I will listen to for the rest of my life, so the least I can do is to spend 10 minutes writing this just for the chance of her being able to be on your show. As a gay Asian American, I feel a strong connection with her, like every gay to his diva! (although she hardly acts like one) And it would be nice when I turn on the TV to see a person of Asian descent who isn't a joke. Asians are underrepresented in show business and it would be nice to see more. And giirrll she is also gay friendly, and did a little gay shout out in one of her songs, "On and On." Holla!"

It's late and I'm tired so I apologize if it is poorly written. My topics changed rather abruptly because of the character limit, but I tried to say as much as I could. I wasn't sure about including the gay and asian stuff but they are true so I included them anyways *shrug*

I thought that was great man. The gay stuff is actually something that I was going to say in my app, but not being 100% comfortable being gay myself yet, I decided not to. I was really wanting to mention On and On too! lol. So thanks for doing what I couldn't. I thought it was great!
Posted on: 2010/1/23 9:30
  •  goku1337
      goku1337
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19 male NLR AR
Already I just sent my Letter to Ellen. Everyone needs to send letters to Ellen so Utada Hikaru can come to the ellen show an if were lucky we might all win tickets to the Ellen show when she comes.
Posted on: 2010/1/23 9:43
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
I'm confused. On the app, do we give our OWN telephone numbers and personal info, 'cause it's not like I know any of Hikki's. xD

EDIT: Nevermind, just realized there's a separate space for "Artist Name" and info. DUH, ELI. Sorry about that. Sending now! ><
Posted on: 2010/1/23 9:47
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Sent! I talked about how she epitomizes Japanese music, and I made certain to mention she was just named the most influential artist of the decade by The Japan Times - as well as all her other credentials (selling 52 million records, being called the Britney Spears of Japan, having a new English album out, etc, etc).

I suggested Hikari - even though it's a bit older I still think it's one of the most beautiful songs every written. What did you all suggest?
Posted on: 2010/1/23 10:19
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
I'm thinking of suggesting "Come Back to Me" since it's her most recent and recognizable single. I might also use "Dirty Desire."

In other news: I HATE CHARACTER LIMITS. I wrote this beautiful and elaborate piece that collaborated her story with mine, but it's two pages long and I didn't realize there was a writing limit for the form. So now I'm cutting everything I possibly can and I've got it down to 1,700 characters and I don't know what to do. It's too hard to describe Hikki in 1,500 characters! I don't know how you guys did it! D:
Posted on: 2010/1/23 11:21
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
I'm thinking of suggesting "Come Back to Me" since it's her most recent and recognizable single. I might also use "Dirty Desire."

In other news: I HATE CHARACTER LIMITS. I wrote this beautiful and elaborate piece that collaborated her story with mine, but it's two pages long and I didn't realize there was a writing limit for the form. So now I'm cutting everything I possibly can and I've got it down to 1,700 characters and I don't know what to do. It's too hard to describe Hikki in 1,500 characters! I don't know how you guys did it! D:

wow 2 pages long? impressive.
i mean, i probably can go on & on about Hikki... but i wanted to keep it short and simple, straight to the point.
Posted on: 2010/1/23 11:31
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
attention all US-BASED Hikaru fans!!!

please do your part by sending a request to the Ellen Degeneres show. im sure it would be a blast knowing that Ellen is a funny person and Hikaru is not a slouch either.

it would be a blast to see her on that show!
Posted on: 2010/1/23 11:39
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:

i mean, i probably can go on & on about Hikki... but i wanted to keep it short and simple, straight to the point.

Well, that's what I tried to do now. I finally got it under 1500 characters (even compared it with the pieces some other people sent in, it's SHORTER) and the form is STILL insisting that it's over 1500 characters! I even refreshed the page and filled it out again and everything. It's ridiculous. And my life sucks. I have a lot to say about Hikki and good insight to give, I think, but this damn limit is ruining everything. D':

Whoever formatted that website or coded that app form sucks major. I'll have to try again later, I guess. There goes an hour of my life I'll never get back. D<
Posted on: 2010/1/23 11:44
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:

Well, that's what I tried to do now. I finally got it under 1500 characters (even compared it with the pieces some other people sent in, it's SHORTER) and the form is STILL insisting that it's over 1500 characters! I even refreshed the page and filled it out again and everything. It's ridiculous. And my life sucks. I have a lot to say about Hikki and good insight to give, I think, but this damn limit is ruining everything. D':

Whoever formatted that website or coded that app form sucks major. I'll have to try again later, I guess. There goes an hour of my life I'll never get back. D<

awe.
maybe you should submit 2 forms and tell them that it could not fit in the box!
Posted on: 2010/1/23 12:03
  •  cutelilme
      cutelilme
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/F/NYC =)
i submitted it =) i really hope she gets on the show. This would be a much better opportunity for her than the early morning show on cbs was. Ellen is during the day, so many people watch it.
Posted on: 2010/1/23 12:07
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...9>