Help?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Help?
guest_Unregistered
It's not for a little over a month, but I don't know what to do for my bf's birthday.

He'll be 30 on March 9 and I want to do something special like stay a night at the Opryland Hotel, The Sheraton Downtown, or The Hilton Downtown. The only thing is, Opryland & The Hilton are mad expensive and the Sheraton doesn't offer free Wi-Fi access (it's the cheapest of the 3 hotels).

I mean, I'll be getting my tax refund soon, so I'll be able to pay for it, I just can't decide. I wasn't able to get him anything last year. He paid for a hotel room for me for my birthday last year and bought a $65 bottle of cognac and stuff. Sooo yeah.

My birthday is this coming Saturday and I'm not really expecting much 'cuz money is tight right now, but I wanna do something really special 'cuz he's just been the awesomest boyfriend ever.
Posted on: 2010/1/23 14:45
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: Help?
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Just pick the best one, since its once in a year you celebrate a birthday. Good luck
Posted on: 2010/1/24 19:46
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
We talked about it. He really wants to go to Gatlinburg again and get a cabin, but that trip for 2 nights costs upwards of $1,000 if we do a bunch of stuff while we're there plus gas & food. Besides, I wanna go to Florida or Texas or something.

He said he'd think about Opryland Hotel though after I explained to him that I wanted to do something special like the week -of- his birthday instead of waiting for a trip.
Posted on: 2010/1/25 9:14
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
$ 1,000 USD trip for 2 nights. Hope he agree with your plan
Posted on: 2010/1/26 20:43
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge are Hillbilly tourist towns. It's where Dolly Parton is from. And there's not much to do besides Wax Museums and a Car Murseum and other kinda stupid stuff. Once you've done it all, that's it. There's really no point in going back.

He doesn't want to do anything now because it's all so expensive. He'd rather me pay the rent for a month or something. He also said he wants an authentic Dallas Cowboys jersey, but they cost like $300.
Posted on: 2010/1/27 8:35
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Ahhh, difficult boyfriend bashes...

I say you do something simple but sweet. Make him a picnic under the stars or something. I don't know why people think they have to spend a lot of money to have a good time- not saying that's what you're saying, but just because he lavishes you doesn't mean you have to return the favor in the exact same way, in my opinion, especially if you're on a budget. Personally, I know I always prefer authentic connection and human together-time to overpriced hotel rooms and pointless roadtrips.

And if you insist on something a little more flashy, a really nice restaurant usually does the trick. It may not be highly imaginative, but maybe you can find something interesting happening around town to couple it with, like a fireworks show or something. I dunno. O:
Posted on: 2010/1/27 17:04
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
lol yeah, that's what he said. But he likes to be able to go out to really nice restaurants and not have to worry about how much everything costs and we haven't been able to do that in over 6 months, so that's probably what we'll end up doing. And I know he'll want a new pair of jeans or some shirts from Buckle (mucho expensive store, but it's really the only place we shop lol)
Posted on: 2010/1/29 9:14
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic