1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  lumi
      lumi
About Advent Children.
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
A few days ago i watched this movie,I acknowledged this movie manufactures is extremely good,but...the plot is actually pale...
i've never played any series in FF,but does not hinder me to appreciate this movie.After seeing the movie I am a little disappointed .Well,I don't know what to say.I just thought a movie cannot only depend on the stunt effect to be appealling
Posted on: 2005/10/25 2:25
  •  Sephiroth_760
      Sephiroth_760
Re: About Advent Children.
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/male/germany
The movie is a movie to final fantasy VII two years after that, were cloud defeated sephiroth (;_;)
But the movie is the best movie i've ever seen XD. For a FF VII fan it's something like a wonder^^
Posted on: 2005/10/25 4:49
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
I saw the movie, but I haven't played thet game. But I thought the movie was pretty cool though. Action packed goodness. But maybe they could have did a bit more with the storyline, but other than that I thought it was cool. LOL I love that pushie you have though. LOl xD
Posted on: 2005/10/25 11:18
  •  kamirunokan
      kamirunokan
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 /Male /Malaysia
i HAVE to totally agree with lumi...
I started to play FF with FF IX... so the down part of FF VI is the graphic (it was so down.... couldn't end the game... well i'm still playing it from time to time.... sometime....)
Posted on: 2005/10/25 22:24
  •  Sephiroth_760
      Sephiroth_760
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/male/germany
lol^^
But you have to play FFVII thats the best ff ever XD
Posted on: 2005/10/26 5:06
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Administrator
A/S/L
Here's the thng though.

You can say that the movie was flawed to you because they didn't really develop the story, they didnt explain much about the past or why things were happening and the majority of the "good" guys got like 5 minutes of screentime and weren't developed in any way except for Cloud, Tifa and to a minor extent, Vincent.

The most important fact that you need to realize is that the movie, from the very beginning, wasn't meant to stand alone.

The history that they spend 5 minutes on in the movie was developed over 30-40 hours of gametime in FFVII. The concepts like the what Mako is, Lifestream, Reunion, what Jenova was, who the bad guys were with silver hair...that's all explained in the game.

The characters were all given enough time to develop and their pasts were all explored in the game as well.

In essence, what Advent Children is is the epilogue to FFVII. Because of that, if you've never played the game, you won't really understand what's happening, why it's happening and think it has a weak story.

You wouldn't watch the last 10 minutes of a movie like The Sixth Sense and complain that they didn't build up to the plot twist and say that it had a weak story would you?

If you watch the movie without knowing anything about the game, it's just pretty. No plot but lots of pretty. What you're seeing is just the tip of the iceberg :P
Posted on: 2005/10/26 9:59
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
hehe yah I never played the game and only knew a BIT of the story line...like, the romance parts XD lol

it was so preeeeeeetty though...but throughout the whole movie I kept on asking my brother and friend questions because I was so lost XD
Posted on: 2005/10/26 21:40
  •  lumi
      lumi
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I knew this movie manufactures is quite fine, perhaps I must watch several times to understand completely.
Posted on: 2005/10/26 23:31
  •  SealedSorrow
      SealedSorrow
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
True True they did not develop the Storyline quite well as it should be...

Though all the graphics and battle scenes were so nice ^_^ and the Turks were very funny...

Still it was a good movie and I have watched it 10 times now... Big Fan! Its better then the other movie they made... Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
Posted on: 2005/10/27 1:32
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Yeah it's better than that one. I also heard thet L'Arc~en~Ciel did a song for Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. The song is called Sprirt Dreams Inside(one of my favorite songs). LOL you should see the video. x3 I love that song.
Posted on: 2005/10/27 22:36
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>