<123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Re: I met Utada after the concert
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
lol..i like anime, jrock/jpop too but im korean. so does that mean im a japanese wannabe and that im misleading my korean heritage?? based on your statement, me liking american food, liking american music makes me a american wannabe? you make me sick..i hate these arrogant bastards..“while all of you were talking about standing in line for several hours..blah blah blah”..you hear this guy? extra crazy and “funny” because you were talking to everyone around you?..b*tch if you talked to me i wouldve called security for public disturbance!! and asking her to marry you!? and bright kid here said it in japanese..whoppy-do..yea nice job embarrassing her a**hole..assholes do a**hole things what can i say.

douchebag. im apologise its not in japanese characters but it helps because now everyone will know exactly what i think of you..tengoku-san eh? mr. heaven? seriously, more like a heavenly piece of sh*t!!! have a nice day..youre not welcome to this “utada” site.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 18:48
  •  fleeingbynight
      fleeingbynight
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 28/M/South Florida
Ok... First of all, you have the right to your opinion.

However, I have to disagree with your position on her non Japanese fans. They bought tickets and hopefully her albums/singles. They have a right to be there as you do. Even if they "act" Japanese, who cares... That's what they decided to do. If they happen to love anime or say random Japanese words, that is their decision. I am a white male who got into Utada after listening to a song of hers. I don't say Japanese words randomly unless it required of me when explaining or discussing something Japanese related. Yes, I am a little embarrassed of using words I may or may not even be pronouncing right, but that is out of the fact of trying to find the right words in English to say. ( which I end up having to do anyways because the person I am talking to is not familiar with Japanese)

However, My love for Utada is not because I just an anime fan. I was raised to grow an appreciation for cultures outside America. I live in Spain when I was five years old, spoke fluent Spanish, and was exposed to notion that not everything in the world works the same way as America does. This realization I had instilled in me, kept growing well into adulthood. I may not know what Utada is singing in Japanese but I feel comfortable in listening to her songs. Does that make me a "wannabe"? No. It makes me a cultured person in knowing my taste are not all american. I like songs in French, German, Italian, and Korean, to name a few.

In closing, you are going to encounter people who displays their love for a culture even though their skin tone doesn't match it. It's a decision they made of their free will. You don't have to agree with it but how would you feel if someone accused you of straying from your heritage and expect you to reinforce the stereotype that has been attached to your race for years? Don't knock someone behavior if you don't want the same thing happen to you.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 19:40
  •  kjazz
      kjazz
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Some people can be arrogant as hell from behind a screen and keyboard. You are not brave enough to express that attitude in public cause it would be hard to see the concert with your face on the floor. Your ancestors are disgraced.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 19:52
  •  TengokuSan
      TengokuSan
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 29/M
Well I'm Korean/Japanese/French and I don't know why you're being offensive. I guess it's because you're a Korean-American.

As far as being behind a computer, I'd be more than happy to meet you in person and see how tough you truly are shibal sekki ;)
Posted on: 2010/2/3 20:02
  •  TengokuSan
      TengokuSan
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 29/M
I didn't bother reading your whole comment, but if you're not a wannabe, then don't be offended.

Real Japanese like myself know what I'm talking about.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 20:03
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Quote:
Real Japanese like myself know what I'm talking about.

Dunno about that. I think that there are two 100% Japanese people who totes know not what you're talking about right now.

I admit to hating weeaboos as well. I dislike people that shout random phrases out without knowing a spic of the language. Japan is so kawaii/kakoii and such permutations are a complete turn-off for me. If I were a religious, I'd carry a cross with me just to keep people like that away. (.. or was that for vampires?) But outside of an anime convention, I really never see people like that. Thank goodness, right?

Mind you, I watch anime (admittedly close to none these days), and my hobbies are all centered around anime/manga/gaming culture. What can I say -- I'm a surpreme dork. I wonder if that makes me a weeaboo in your eyes though....

I do, however, find your attitude quite immature (okay, _very_ immature) for someone your age. I think that you honestly owe some people here an apology. Even if you with hold that grace, you could at least give people's post enough time out of your day before you issue a reply.

Sir, you are lacking in grace. Now if you will excuse me, I have to go back in time and fight Martians.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, congrats on getting to see her in person AND getting to meet her AND getting an autograph. I'm denied of all three.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 20:11
  •  Camfans59
      Camfans59
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/female/NH
すっげえむかつく!So first off, you're wrong about the not being able to write in Japanese characters thing. In Romaji it's "suggee mukatsuku!" Translates to "really irritating!" I'm not fluent in Japanese but I'm learning it. And does that, combined with liking Jpop, Japanese dramas, and Japanese food make me a Japanese wannabe? NO! It just makes me more cultured! Seriously dude, if all you came here for was to brag, then just leave because you're only causing trouble right now.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 20:29
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 18.f.usa
Quote:

TengokuSan wrote:
While all of you are talking about how you stood in line for several hours and blah blah blah. I got there at 8:30PM and I was pretty close to the front.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/MrBadMoon/UtadaChicago.jpg

It was good to see many Japanese people and annoying to see the wannabe Japanese white and black kids.

I don't drink alcohol but I drank and got a little drunk.
My friends said I was extra crazy and funny because I talked to everyone around me.
I'm usually shy but when the few rare times I drink I get drunk easily.
I drank barely 1/4 a glass of Long Island and I was already buzzed

During the concert when it was real quiet after she finished a song I yelled out, kekkon shite (I just realized this "utada" website doesn't take japanese characters :rolling eyes: means, "Will you marry me?" in English. She heard me and looked at me. She translated to the crowd what I said in Japanese and she jokingly responded, "Hmm, that's a really tough decision, I can't give you an answer right now".

I met her after the concert at her hotel and she autographed my poster!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/MrBadMoon/Utadasigned.jpg

I really enjoyed talking to this Japanese girl who lives near me. We spoke in Japanese and we both agree that wannabe Japanese kids who watch anime' and try so hard to act and look Japanese are highlly annoying.

DUDE YOU WERE RIGHT BEHIND ME! it was funny cuz i kept looking back at you! you were really cracking me up! i had a blue shirt on and my hair is really curly plus im half black nd white and yes i do speak japanese so when you said that i was like "wait no she is mine!" lol
Posted on: 2010/2/3 20:40
  •  neiana
      neiana
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
It's okay, I think you're a wannabe American. There's no English (or "mutt" or "American") listed in your list of ancestry, so the mere fact you live in the US (or if you don't, you certainly picked a very US city to see Utada in), speak English and probably watch American TV and eat at American restaurants, you disgust me.

Then again, the fact Utada was born (and raised, I think?) in the USA and only went to Japan for a record contract (since her American debut wasn't all that noticed) probably makes her a wannabe Japanese, too, except she's Japanese. A conundrum if any there was one. Or is she a wannabe American because she made money from Japanese people in the Japanese music industry and now she's trying to break through in the states (for her third English album?). Gosh!

Anyway, since you're offended by people interested in Japanese culture then you should certainly understand why 100% "American" folk are offended by you coming to a US-based website where American is the chosen language of communication.

Shouldn't you go and like... enjoy pure Japanese? I mean, not like someone who was born or spent much of their life here in the USA. Hm. Well... BoA is Korean, Mai Kuraki has an English album... I guess you could try Namaki Tami - except she uses some old English lullaby/children's songs in some of her music. This is tough... Koda Kumi? Oh, she released some English music, too!

Drat.

How about the culture itself? Well, it seems Asian artists love to employ bad English in their music. Scratch that. Asia employs bad English everywhere. Not even your own culture likes your own culture enough to stick to it. :(

I'm sure there's a temple somewhere that is still pure. I'd help you find it but then I'd be a wannabe Japanese for knowing about it.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 20:54
  •  Alohano
      Alohano
Q or any moderator?
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I'm a newbie and it's not my place.....but any moderator of any board would have deleted this thread and given the poster at least a 2 week vacation from the board.

Again, I'm a newbie but love your site enough to want to suggest you act.
Posted on: 2010/2/3 21:18
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>