Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Archived
     'In The Flesh' 2010 Tour
   is utada going to damage her voice from the tour?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Re: is utada going to damage her voice from the tour?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
Especially because in Utada United, she wore big dresses and the stage was really spacious. Im sure she was very tired from all the moving around she did.

When I saw her in Hawaii, she sounded amazing throughout the whole show. It kinda surprised me because of how her voice was so strained in Utada United.

Yeah, exactly. At UNITED, she danced around A LOT, which definitely wore her out while wearing all that heavy clothing. I was kind of disappointed with some of her vocals in UNITED but absolutely stunned with the way she was in Seattle.

I think when you went to the show in Honolulu, you mentioned that you were shocked at how good she sounded singing Kremlin Dusk, because you didn't think she could hit those notes anymore. I was the same, I was stunned at how good she sounded this time around.
Posted on: 2010/2/5 22:24
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

JudgeJamster wrote:
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
Especially because in Utada United, she wore big dresses and the stage was really spacious. Im sure she was very tired from all the moving around she did.

When I saw her in Hawaii, she sounded amazing throughout the whole show. It kinda surprised me because of how her voice was so strained in Utada United.

Yeah, exactly. At UNITED, she danced around A LOT, which definitely wore her out while wearing all that heavy clothing. I was kind of disappointed with some of her vocals in UNITED but absolutely stunned with the way she was in Seattle.

I think when you went to the show in Honolulu, you mentioned that you were shocked at how good she sounded singing Kremlin Dusk, because you didn't think she could hit those notes anymore. I was the same, I was stunned at how good she sounded this time around.

Yep I mentioned that about Kremlin Dusk. I was sooooo happy when she sang Kremlin Dusk, one of my favorites! That song hits super high notes. And after hearing she had peritonsillitis, it made me when more nervous.

The stage at Pipeline was very small so she didn't move around as much. Her band takes up a lot of the stage also. But I was right in front of her so it was all good
Posted on: 2010/2/5 22:32
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
me too haha i didn't think she could still sing kremlin dusk lol im actually really surprised at how much range her voice still has. I think she can still hit all those notes she could sing even at her debut but its just harder to hit those notes and the songs she writes now dont show off her vocal range as much so it makes it seem like she cant sing very high anymore.
Posted on: 2010/2/5 22:33
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/M/Philippines
i think the one that allergies affected her is the music lovers performance. utada united is a very large tour, it includes what? 20 cities i think? and then 21 songs each city? even a fantastic singer like hikki will strain her larynx from that tour. maybe the in the flesh tour will do minimal damage and then come back again to normal after months of hibernating.
Posted on: 2010/2/5 22:40
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

wholesome247 wrote:
i think the one that allergies affected her is the music lovers performance. utada united is a very large tour, it includes what? 20 cities i think? and then 21 songs each city? even a fantastic singer like hikki will strain her larynx from that tour. maybe the in the flesh tour will do minimal damage and then come back again to normal after months of hibernating.

true, Utada United was a very large tour. And they were pretty much back to back.
i remember the music lovers performance after she released Heart Station. poor thing.
Posted on: 2010/2/5 22:49
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
what happened at the music lovers performance?
Posted on: 2010/2/5 22:55
Administrator
A/S/L
SHE NEEDS TO DRINK MORE WATER DURING THE PERFORMANCE!
... In seattle, she only took one small sip at the first MC ... then went the rest of the hour forty-five straight with out any hydration ..

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2010/2/5 23:49
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

Q wrote:
SHE NEEDS TO DRINK MORE WATER DURING THE PERFORMANCE!
... In seattle, she only took one small sip at the first MC ... then went the rest of the hour forty-five straight with out any hydration ..

true. she only took 2 water breaks at the hawaii show.
Posted on: 2010/2/6 0:08
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
@ a_kikoo: Kremlin Dusk was freaking amazing...period, lol. I liked how since the stage was smaller she would kind of stand there and do these cute little dances. I love how she just naturally moves around to her songs rather then takes dancing lessons and practices all the moves. It makes her feel so human, and cute. :3

Also yes, I do remember her only taking one little sip of water during the Seattle show. I was expecting her to be gulping it down, but maybe she didn't want to have to take bathroom brakes, lol.
Posted on: 2010/2/6 2:07
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Instead of screaming "Let's get married, Utada", someone should scream "PLEASE DRINK MORE WATER, UTADA!" during her next live. That might help or in a way remind her. Most probably she was also having too much fun to rehydrate herself. Tours are obviously gonna be tiring but let's just hope she's able to cope with the stress that comes with it. There's always a price to pay. Fortunately there's always 1 or 2 days break for her to recover. I'm hoping that she's making full use of the given time to recuperate.

IMO In the Flesh won't do much harm to her voice as compared to UU tour. During UU, her initial voice was great but it got weird and really damaged after Wait & See. She was obviously struggling at the last part. Haha, and yes, since the venues this time are much smaller, she doesn't have the chance to move or dance around much. Too bad but in a way, it's something positive. She can save energy and it won't strain her voice so much.
Posted on: 2010/2/6 6:51
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>