LoBFCanti
Re: Next Tour
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

meekobiscuit wrote:
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:

Haha no I really have no idea. This tour isn't even over yet! In terms of her coming back to the US, I would probably say at least three or four years, if she even plans to.

Let's just say, I wasn't encouraged when she said at the end of the NYC show "have a good night, and a good life!"

Oh, God, "a good life"??? She's never coming back.

XD I said the same to myself actually ."She's never coming states side again with a comment like that."
Posted on: 2010/2/10 11:41
  •  adatu
      adatu
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L Male / Philly
It's good to know she might not be retiring. I hope she will keep doing what she does the best, making music.

We'll see another tour probably after she release another two Japanese and one English albums. I think it is not that she hardly tours, its that it takes a long time planning to set up a tour like this with multiple cities and venues. Plus she has to get money from her label companys to fund her band and her staff initially. Maybe that's why she sang Japanese songs as well as her English songs because getting funded by two labels will allow her to do more shows, but most of the revenue probably goes right back to the labels. The success of this tour will certainly allow her to do a bigger concert next time.

Quote:

JudgeJamster wrote:

...she said how she hopes in another 10 years she will be healthy and well and will still be able to perform for us like this....when I heard that I think she may have thrown those retirement ideas out of the window.

I would LOVE to see another tour, although as a_kikoo said, she hardly ever tours, so this may be the last for quite a while.
Posted on: 2010/2/10 7:06
  •  meekobiscuit
      meekobiscuit
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 35/M/L.A.
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:

Haha no I really have no idea. This tour isn't even over yet! In terms of her coming back to the US, I would probably say at least three or four years, if she even plans to.

Let's just say, I wasn't encouraged when she said at the end of the NYC show "have a good night, and a good life!"

Oh, God, "a good life"??? She's never coming back.
Posted on: 2010/2/10 4:25
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
In response to everyone talking about her retiring and such...I may have good news. :)

I have no way to prove this unless someone else confirms, but at the Seattle concert during one of the MC's, she said how she hopes in another 10 years she will be healthy and well and will still be able to perform for us like this....when I heard that I think she may have thrown those retirement ideas out of the window.

I would LOVE to see another tour, although as a_kikoo said, she hardly ever tours, so this may be the last for quite a while.
Posted on: 2010/2/10 1:41
  •  buzzyrecky
      buzzyrecky
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/Male/Hawaii
Make more kuma books... XD
Posted on: 2010/2/9 23:29
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
I think she is limited to so much because of her fame. When she attended Columbia, Japanese tourists would come on campus to look for her. Going back to school might not be easy. And I read she would like to run a cafe or work at a bookstore but I don't think thats possible anytime soon either. She has been in a drama and a few commercials, she said acting is not for her... I would actually like to see her as an author, writing novels or something.
Posted on: 2010/2/9 22:53
  •  kjazz
      kjazz
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
You never know if there will be another live, which is why I made it to In the Flesh. If she never preforms again, I can always say I saw her preform. I think her popularity gives her lots of opportunities. Most singers only last a couple of years but her music writing ability and being able to come up with hits (in Japan), can keep her in demand for years. It all depends if she's done with the music business and wants to move on to new challenges. Just writing music? producer? actress/movies? scientist? mother?..........on and on.
Posted on: 2010/2/9 22:29
  •  buzzyrecky
      buzzyrecky
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/Male/Hawaii
I think that she will come back to the us once more at least.... Since her concerts were all sold out

(crosses fingers)
Posted on: 2010/2/9 21:51
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

A5UKA wrote:
i would understand if she didnt go on tour and more but retiring? i hope not

Does IDJ have an official fan club for Utada?I would like for us to get a private performance if so,here in NYC or LA.I'm fairly confident that she's gonna retire at 29.I'm gonna start checking for the Columbia enrollments :) see if she starts school here again.I'd actually wouldn't mind the idea of her in fact becoming a music teacher.
Posted on: 2010/2/9 21:21
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22/M/Earth
i would understand if she didnt go on tour and more but retiring? i hope not
Posted on: 2010/2/9 20:59
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>