•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Re: Hotel Lobby
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
I agree, I love that song!
Probably not my #1 favorite on Exodus, but definitely up there.
Posted on: 2010/2/10 8:25
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I love that she wrote a song about prostitution hahaha. I actually like that it repeats money so many times, it's catchy!

And yes, the pre-chorus for Kiss & Cry (high tension, high tension, high tension) uses the same melody as the verses from Hotel Lobby.
Posted on: 2010/2/10 9:40
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:
I love that she wrote a song about prostitution hahaha. I actually like that it repeats money so many times, it's catchy!

And yes, the pre-chorus for Kiss & Cry (high tension, high tension, high tension) uses the same melody as the verses from Hotel Lobby.

Wow I totally forgot about that. It's also amazing how she made both songs sound so different.
Posted on: 2010/2/10 15:51
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

BokuWaDevil光 wrote:
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:

Wow I totally forgot about that. It's also amazing how she made both songs sound so different.

yeah me too!
Hotel Lobby has a very catchy tune. one of the best off of Exodus.
Posted on: 2010/2/10 16:06
  •  buzzyrecky
      buzzyrecky
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/Male/Hawaii
I love the chorus
Posted on: 2010/2/10 19:07
  •  MiharuFroggy
      MiharuFroggy
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/F/Brunei
^yes, the chorus is AWESOME.

I love the 'ahh' parts (I think) that's in the background.
Lovely.

She should perform this one day (again!)
Be for eternity...
Posted on: 2010/2/10 20:14
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
The chorus is SO GREAT. But my favorite part is shen she goes "catch me cuz I think I'm falling" when all the music cuts out for a second. Ahhh I love it so much
Posted on: 2010/2/10 20:28
  •  buzzyrecky
      buzzyrecky
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/Male/Hawaii
I'll be waiting in the mirrors of, the hotel lobby
Posted on: 2010/2/10 20:33
  •  Salomonis
      Salomonis
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 2777/M/Tennessee
I'm curious what hotel lobby would sound like live. You Make Me Want To Be A Man live is awesome while the studio version is just so so. I'm not really sure if that song(Hotel Lobby) is meant to be performed live in a concert. In YMMWTBAM she amped up the guitar making it sound edgier and added whatever those big deep drums are called. Not really sure if she could do the same with Hotel Lobby, but it is interesting to think about how it could be a live powerhouse. Hotel Lobby is my favorite song on the album, though I do like animato and Exodus 04(doubtful she'll ever sing this one again).
Unrelated thread but my friend and I were hoping she'd sing Be My Last during the tour. Any thoughts why she didn't do this one?
Posted on: 2010/2/10 23:50
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

Salomonis wrote:
I'm curious what hotel lobby would sound like live. You Make Me Want To Be A Man live is awesome while the studio version is just so so. I'm not really sure if that song(Hotel Lobby) is meant to be performed live in a concert. In YMMWTBAM she amped up the guitar making it sound edgier and added whatever those big deep drums are called. Not really sure if she could do the same with Hotel Lobby, but it is interesting to think about how it could be a live powerhouse. Hotel Lobby is my favorite song on the album, though I do like animato and Exodus 04(doubtful she'll ever sing this one again).
Unrelated thread but my friend and I were hoping she'd sing Be My Last during the tour. Any thoughts why she didn't do this one?

I really don't know how she chose her songs.
Well, obviously she was more focused on her English songs, touring as "Utada" and all. Most of the songs on TITO were covered with 3 songs from Exodus and the KH songs.
Its pretty clear she sings "First Love" and "Automatic" at every show. "Can You Keep A Secret?" is a very popular song, at least it is in Japan. And there was "Stay Gold", she likes that song because the usage of words is very feminine compared to her other Japanese songs.
I'm sure she would've loved to sing more of her Japanese songs.... its just this tour was probably a promotion for TITO. She has a lot to choose from, I think she has a hard time making her setlist. Maybe next time she'll add on other songs she hasn't done.
Posted on: 2010/2/11 0:06
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>