Poster Thread
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: From the DJ
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

LL_Rain wrote:
I seriously was poppin in a bit more confined space, and doing a bit of foot work. When I really had to move I jumped up and down. It's what you do in a a confined space such as that. Not my preferred style of "dance". However it does suit some people, xD. I would have preferred to 2-step.

*Gets out his chocolate factory album*
Posted on: 2010/2/11 20:02
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Wow. I don't know to say to this except that it's kind of an honor to have the DJ of Utada's Front Act come on Unet and post something. *_*;
Posted on: 2010/2/11 20:42
  •  aerith
      aerith
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19/F/AZ
Hey Mr. Rizzo! I loved some of the remixes you played. Do you have an official site? I'd love to hear more.
Posted on: 2010/2/11 20:49
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
Yeah, actually speaking to Mike Rizzo is a HUGE honor. I still can't believe it, were talking to a celebrity here!

As with a_kikoo, I don't really listen to any other Japanese music other then Utada, so I can't really suggest any Japanese music, other then maybe some Gackt or Hyde. I've heard a couple of their songs that are pretty good. Vanilla by Gackt is very catchy.

I still gotta go with my suggestion of Swedish singer Lisa Miskovsky, she's great and might be my second favorite singer of all time. Midnight Sun, Still Alive, Please, Mary, and What If are all great songs, and could be some pretty cool remixes. :D
Posted on: 2010/2/12 0:42
  •  Salomonis
      Salomonis
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 2777/M/Tennessee
So awesome that you're willing to listen to us fans for song ideas. Not sure if there are a lot of Utada fans with similar tastes, but I like Basement Jaxx and Girl Talk as far as newer club music. Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Girls would be funny/entertaining, but that might be considered trite for Utada's concert. I'd go nuts if you managed to do something 80s like Tom Tom Club.
Posted on: 2010/2/12 2:40
  •  Salomonis
      Salomonis
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 2777/M/Tennessee
Or better yet Hall and Oates. I would start spas dancing like the guy on the balcony at Chicago
Posted on: 2010/2/12 2:52
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Salomonis

Omg out of topic of damn where did you get that pic.!
Posted on: 2010/2/12 5:24
  •  utadafan2k1
      utadafan2k1
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Mike... if you want to get your audience pumped... play Utada's M-Flo Remix of Distance.... Or any M-Flo for that matter... Suits the audience, and it's still hip hop.
Posted on: 2010/2/12 5:47
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Thanks for all the suggestions, I will research the JPOP stuff as I want to connect more with that style of music. Just to touch on a few things I mentioned earlier I wasn't going to play more than one Utada song which was my remix of "Dirty Desire" I have the utmost respect for her and staff and would never want to take away from her show, I will consider playing other female POP songs like my BOA remix, ETC. You have been very helpful !!!

My website is www.djmikerizzo.com
facebook DJMikeRizzoNYC

MR.
Posted on: 2010/2/12 6:46
Administrator
A/S/L
Hi Mike,

This hasnt been said here yet, but ...

BIG HUGE THANK YOU MIKE!
Without you, this tour would have not been as successful, and us fans would not have even known about it.**
You are the one responsible for this tour being a huge success. It had been sold out and all without any official promotion. It has been the online fansites that have been spreading the word.
The fans only first found out about the tour, when one of our members here, contacted you, and you mentioned that there was going to be a tour. And it was from there that people searched and contacted venues to find the tour dates ourselves.

BIG THANKS AGAIN! MUCH RESPECT

PS. Noticed that you took a pic of the crowd at each city - have you posted them up anywhere?

** (or until it was eventually posted on Utadas IDJ website way too late, after tickets have been sold).

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2010/2/12 7:40
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>