<1...3456
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  mistykz
      mistykz
Re: From the DJ
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I was at the LV show and thought your opening set was great, thanks!
Posted on: 2010/2/13 13:03
  •  skizz
      skizz
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 23/M/socal
I was at the LA show too. Even though I don't really listen to US top40, I enjoyed the set anyways. It's definitely true that the crowd is REALLY diverse. There are people who don't listen to any Japanese music outside of Utada's, and even for those who do, they might only like certain artists/genres/whatever.

I myself listen mostly to Japanese music on the r&b/hip-hop side of the spectrum, and I would've loved to see some remixes of songs by Aoyama Thelma, Dohzi-T, BENI, Diggy-MO. Of course, I don't know how popular these artists are in the US, even among people who do listen to jpop.

I also saw the artist m-flo get mentioned a few times in this thread, and I'd like second/third/fifth that suggestion. Their songs are really "remix-friendly" and they are definitely one of the great innovators in Japanese hip-hop in the past 5-6 years, imo.

Quote:

aquaticdragons wrote:

We were hoping to hear some utada in your remix though, i think if you would have started with utada in your remix the crowd would have been going wild. Then you should continue teasing us every now and then with utada songs (songs that she is not performing, like travelling and such)

This is a GREAT suggestion, remixes of Utada songs that she would not be performing would've gotten the crowd pumped up quite a bit.

Thanks for taking the time to personally ask the community for comments!
Posted on: 2010/2/13 16:24
  •  tempest_phoenix
      tempest_phoenix
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/M/NorthernIreland
Oh yeah, thanks, M-Flo is Japanese, it's just Verbal who's Korean, my mistake.

Yeah Mike, M-Flo are great, the work they produce is fantastic, their Loves Best compilation is astounding, and remixes from that would be amazing. LUVOTOMY is my personal favourite off that album, Namie is a brilliant partner for Verbal. You can see the live performance from the COSMICOLOR tour on YOUTUBE of that song, and it's flawless, you should check it out.
Posted on: 2010/2/13 17:04
  •  KH-UH-fan
      KH-UH-fan
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19 - Female - Florida
Hi Mike!

I was at the New York show.
I really loved your remixes!
I would really love to see both you and Utada in New York again!

Hmm, idea's for songs... well, more Utada remixes would be awesome. ~
Posted on: 2010/2/14 14:42
  •  CBStephens
      CBStephens
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 27/Male/Plano, Texas
You were awesome at the Vegas Show! I just wished the floor wasn't so packed so I could have broke out my sick moves, like the "White Tornado"

If you are ever in a club in the Dallas area I am there!
Posted on: 2010/2/16 12:45
  •  utada_fan3
      utada_fan3
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Hey DJ Rizzo or anyone else out there that can help out,

I'm looking for a complete mix made by Rizzo(preferably).. Hopefully with most of the current/updated r&b songs.. Is there anywhere I can look to get a complete compilation of about.. 5 hours worth?

P.S. I already downloaded the mix tape that Rizzo posted a few pages ago
Posted on: 2010/3/7 21:20
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I was at the LV show too, and was having a similar conversation with my friend about your set, both of us enjoyed it, but we felt more people would of been more into it if you'd of used some of her songs in your mixes.

but. yeah. we liked what we heard. :P
Posted on: 2010/9/30 14:25
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...3456