•  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Re: From the DJ
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
omg Mike in utadanet!?!

how cool!!

lol i'm just so excited!!

my sis, friend and i were at the LA show front row!
http://utada.com/photos/default.aspx?fid=6385&phid=6425
that's us :)

well I definitely think that you did an awesome job that day!

We were hoping to hear some utada in your remix though, i think if you would have started with utada in your remix the crowd would have been going wild. Then you should continue teasing us every now and then with utada songs (songs that she is not performing, like travelling and such) and like people have suggested maybe some jpop songs too... and maybe some jrock (lol i think that would be cool)
Oh and maybe some kpop... idk how people would react to that though but i know that sometimes people who listen to jpop also listen to kpop ... (we do, but idk about everyone else)

Overall your remix was good!

did i mention just how cool it is to have mike in utadanet?
lol well it is!
Posted on: 2010/2/12 22:04
  •  Eternityluv
      Eternityluv
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
DJ MR
Wow i was so surprised as reading ur post here ..First of all, thank you so much for reaching out to Utada's fans on here. That's very thoughtful of you. Second, just wanna said to ur playlist during the NYC show. I think the audiences did enjoyed it eventhough we didn't move around much, but that's just because the horrendous waiting time got us all froze and tired. Keep up the good work, will definitely buy your Dirty Desire Remix on Itune in supporting
Posted on: 2010/2/12 22:03
  •  tokyokid
      tokyokid
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Mr. Rizzo
are there any particular areas in the NYC area that you DJ in often? Keep up the good work!
Posted on: 2010/2/12 19:00
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I appreciate all the kind words ! much love & respect.
facebook is mikerizzonyc

I was trying to copy and paste some crowd pics I took from the shows but I'm having some problems.

Below is a link to one of my US DJ club gigs. download if you wish.

Have a great weekend........MR

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nsplaq
Posted on: 2010/2/12 18:03
  •  dnutt
      dnutt
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
hey rizzo,

i was at the Las Vegas show and i just wanna say i enjoyed your set. your remixes are dope. as a DJ myself, i know it's difficult to please everyone. i wouldn't doubt that much of the Utada crowd doesn't even listen to top 40. and on top of that, i know everyone was waiting to see Utada and were a bit surprised to find that we had to wait another hour. so don't be offended by some of the negative comments you might read.

take that same set to XS or Pure and you would've totally rocked the house!

Much DJ respect!
Posted on: 2010/2/12 17:19
  •  Zackstorm
      Zackstorm
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L !6/M/Canada
Rizzo! My friends and I enjoyed your set at the Boston concert! I was in the front with the red sweater and the glasses haha. It was just so packed it was hard to move. I think everyone (at least in the front) was scared of losing their places.

Thanks for taking the time to post here!
Posted on: 2010/2/12 11:14
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Male/25/NJ
I saw the site, but I didn't see the Facebook. odd.

I can't really wait to hear what you've got planned in the future. It should be pretty cool.
Posted on: 2010/2/12 10:59
Administrator
A/S/L
Hi Mike,

This hasnt been said here yet, but ...

BIG HUGE THANK YOU MIKE!
Without you, this tour would have not been as successful, and us fans would not have even known about it.**
You are the one responsible for this tour being a huge success. It had been sold out and all without any official promotion. It has been the online fansites that have been spreading the word.
The fans only first found out about the tour, when one of our members here, contacted you, and you mentioned that there was going to be a tour. And it was from there that people searched and contacted venues to find the tour dates ourselves.

BIG THANKS AGAIN! MUCH RESPECT

PS. Noticed that you took a pic of the crowd at each city - have you posted them up anywhere?

** (or until it was eventually posted on Utadas IDJ website way too late, after tickets have been sold).

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2010/2/12 7:40
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Thanks for all the suggestions, I will research the JPOP stuff as I want to connect more with that style of music. Just to touch on a few things I mentioned earlier I wasn't going to play more than one Utada song which was my remix of "Dirty Desire" I have the utmost respect for her and staff and would never want to take away from her show, I will consider playing other female POP songs like my BOA remix, ETC. You have been very helpful !!!

My website is www.djmikerizzo.com
facebook DJMikeRizzoNYC

MR.
Posted on: 2010/2/12 6:46
  •  utadafan2k1
      utadafan2k1
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Mike... if you want to get your audience pumped... play Utada's M-Flo Remix of Distance.... Or any M-Flo for that matter... Suits the audience, and it's still hip hop.
Posted on: 2010/2/12 5:47
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>