Winter Olympics Vancouver 2010

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Winter Olympics Vancouver 2010
Administrator
A/S/L
As well as it being the finale of Hikkis 'In the Flesh' Tour ...
Happy start of the Winter 2010 olympics!

Opening ceremonies will be epically cool
Posted on: 2010/2/12 6:31
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Re: Winter Olympics Vancouver 2010
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
I can't wait for hockey this time around. I'm wondering if Canada can pull a gold? Come on, they have Sidney, but Russia has Ovechkin..and Malkin!! That game is going to be epic!
Posted on: 2010/2/12 11:28
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
I'm boycotting the Olympics.

No games on stolen land, baby.
Posted on: 2010/2/12 23:48
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
A Korean guy won a silver in speedskating behind a Swedish fellow who set the olympic record. Congrats to both and we're on the board.
Posted on: 2010/2/13 22:19
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
How many competition will be held in Winter Olympics, what's the name of competition who look like a small bullet train ? Its cool
Posted on: 2010/2/14 19:41
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
I have never been a huge fans of the olympics But, good luck to everyone XD
Posted on: 2010/2/14 20:18
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
You know I love the luge the ?tea trays with handles?, they just might as well go down head first after that poor 21 year old Georgian guy was fatality injured kissing an unpadded pillar.....quote... "It appears after a routine run; the athlete came late out of curve 15 and did not compensate properly to make correct entrance into curve 16?...

Joke of the games ...British Skiers and Snowboarders have been forced to busk at Heathrow Airport as governing body goes bankrupt.

Athletes had to use their own credit cards as the sorry incident came to light after the British Ski and Snowboard Federation (GB Sports/SnowsportGB) warned more than a month ago it was not be able to continue ?in Business? without a immediate resource commitment...

What is more disturbing not one of the board members had even bothered to meet the 14 strong team and could not remember their names ...A touch of irony was the british goverment refusing to meet the shortfall...
Posted on: 2010/2/15 6:44
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Well Pips then you won't be disappointed. There is an event where they ride the “tea cup with handles” head first. Lay on your back, it's called luging. Lay on your stomach, it's called skeleton.

82 nations partake in this year's Olymipcs and I think it said 20-odd something events are up for grabs. Starts 12 Feb and ends 28 Feb.

Be sure to watch the Canada/Russia game in men's ice hockey. Might as well be for the gold medal. Canada said to have arguably the best team, but Russia has THE BEST scorer in Alexander Ovechkin. If it's goes to a shoot-out to win, watch for Russia's Pavel Datsyuk. An absolute magician with the puck. Dekes goaltenders in and out!! Watch youtube videos of both these guys. It's not even fair!! lol
Posted on: 2010/2/15 17:32
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
Congrats to Canada breaking their drought and winning a Gold medal on their own soil. :) My friend in Quebec has been informing me of all the happenings since I don't have my own TV to watch it on.
Posted on: 2010/2/16 0:11
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Huge congratulations to Amy Williams for winning Great Britain?s first solo Winter Olympics gold medal for 30 years, I am embarrassed to say I did not know what a women?s skeleton looked like out of a medical dictionary.

The only dark cloud that overshadowed her victory were the protests surrounding the design of her helmet particularly the aerodynamic ridges, lead by the United States , Canada and Germany quickly followed to file protests against the design with Greg Sand US assistant Skeleton coach stating ? we can run races thought out the season by a strict rulebook. And at the Olympic Games something blatant like this comes out in the open will be overlooked??.

Sand was soon stunned into silence and dispatched on his way when asked why he did not raise a protest when the helmet was passed for use by the same officials on the pre race check, he was standing there and said nothing, all the protests were dismissed by the FIBT jury immediately afterwards, the fact that Sands knew that the manufactures of the helmet had submitted the design 2 weeks before the competition and that the ridges and spoilers were integral parts of the helmet, not additions seemed even more bizarre?my guess poor Greg hates the taste of sour grapes ?
Posted on: 2010/2/20 2:56
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>