<123456>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  flipbeats
      flipbeats
Re: DVD of the tour
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L male
I was next to 2 of the camera at the NY show.. i had to stand ont he gate cause im short and everyone else was tall.. i hate the back.. anyway there was 2 camera guys and tv's the video look very.. high quality. so i mean.. if they shoot in in high quality they should release it in blue-ray... i hope haha. and 5.1 i didn't see any shotgun mics though..

Posted on: 2010/3/2 18:05
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Sorry to be a wet blanket but I think the likelihood of the concert/video being released in blu-ray format is quite low. DVD would be a wiser choice since not many people actually have blu-ray players or PS3s. I don't think they'd wanna risk it. It'll definitely be cool if it's in blu-ray format. Imagine the quality! Olala!
Posted on: 2010/3/3 5:45
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
i don't care about anything as long as it's released on ANY format
Posted on: 2010/3/3 9:34
  •  lolstebbo
      lolstebbo
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20/M/US+Taiwan
Quote:

flipbeats wrote:
I was next to 2 of the camera at the NY show.. i had to stand ont he gate cause im short and everyone else was tall.. i hate the back.. anyway there was 2 camera guys and tv's the video look very.. high quality. so i mean.. if they shoot in in high quality they should release it in blue-ray... i hope haha. and 5.1 i didn't see any shotgun mics though..

They get the sound from the sound board, not microphones in the audience.
Posted on: 2010/3/3 11:28
  •  flipbeats
      flipbeats
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L male
ahh good point.. well no news about the dvd yet .. so =( i really wanna buy it..

Posted on: 2010/4/11 15:00
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 17/f/Oxfordshire
I was stood next to a guy that was paid to stand under the Camera so it didn't fall on the audience (I laughed at him )
But I think I recall him saying a DVD would be released.

Oh, and also, he became a Utada fan by the end of it :)
Posted on: 2010/4/13 4:47
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Were there screens at these concerts to watch? That could be one reason they were at so many of the concerts. Majority of the time, they only record one full concert, not several. Another possible reason the cameras were there is for Utada's personal viewing. Michael Jackson liked to record his own performances, maybe Utada does, too?

I just don't think they would bother releasing the concert on DVD. It'd be too much work for Island.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/5/1 22:56
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

RoxyRawrX wrote:
I was stood next to a guy that was paid to stand under the Camera so it didn't fall on the audience (I laughed at him )
But I think I recall him saying a DVD would be released.

Oh, and also, he became a Utada fan by the end of it :)

Was that at the London gig?

I was next to the guy under the camera on the Friday Feb 12th gig and he asked if me and my mates could move because we were under the camera. Problem was, that spot gave me such a nice view that I was willing to take the risk but I stopped short of saying something silly like "well, after having seen Sakura Drops live, I'd happily choose death by camera, provided the actual drop was included with the DVD extras" and instead went for "I promise I won't sue if it does fall, and my mates here are from the land of Takeshi's Castle, so they definitely won't sue!"

Eventually I changed my mind and shuffled along because the camera was quite menacing up there in the dark...

Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Another possible reason the cameras were there is for Utada's personal viewing. Michael Jackson liked to record his own performances, maybe Utada does, too?

I just don't think they would bother releasing the concert on DVD. It'd be too much work for Island.

I hope not. Besides, I doubt it'd be that much work, really. There are people already muxing audio recordings with random snippets that people managed to film. Of course, the DVD mastering would need to be a bit decent, but I've seen quite a few music tour DVDs that consist of nothing more than a dodgy menu, chapter select, and then the whole concert and that's it.

Good point about the personal viewing possibility, but I wonder whether Utada would spend that kind of money, compared with MJ. Of course, a video for private viewing wouldn't need any fancy clearance or the like, and it could be as basic or elaborate as she'd care to pay for in that case.

Who knows? Maybe it'll end up on a USB stick that got left on a random train like British Government data seems to do nowadays :)
Posted on: 2010/5/2 17:02
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
I would actually be happy if they barely mastered the DVD at all, as long as they release a full professional video recording of the london concert.
Posted on: 2010/5/2 17:52
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
At this point, I just don't think there will a DVD of the tour. SO far, there hasn't been any promotion for Dirty Desire and we haven't heard any major news from Hikki. So I'm really doubting a release here.
Posted on: 2010/5/2 23:09
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>