Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
LOST
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
So this may be a long shot, but does anyone here watch LOST? If so, I'd like to have others to chat with about this great show.

Tomorrow they are airing episode 4 of Season 6, titled "The Substitute," which is apparently a John Locke centric episode. Is anyone gonna be watching it? I am so excited!
Posted on: 2010/2/16 0:13
Re: LOST
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
I do, I do! O:
I've been watching since it started. I'm crazy excited to see how things work out, although the show has certainly had its ups and downs with me (this season isn't off to the best start, in my opinion).
I'm looking forward to the next episode as the previews appear to be picking up the pace. The last episode was fine as far as character examinations go, but we're five seasons in: I think a bit more exposition is called for.

My favorite character is probably Claire at the moment, followed by Ben and maybe Kate. Sayid's cool, too, and Sun. I generally like the female characters in the show, but I've always felt the males lacked something. I mean, for one, where are the gays (also applies to the females, of course)? This may be a bad habit of mine given that I intensely scrutinize EVERYTHING over this matter, but it's just unrealistic- forty survivors flying to LA (not counting the Others) and not one of the focus characters is openly homosexual? Oh, wait, there was that Tom guy, but he's peripheral at best.

I had this fantasy that Charlie was, but that's just because I think Dominic Monaghan is the smex. <3
Posted on: 2010/2/16 0:40
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Hikki Obsessed
Hooray for other LOST fans! :D

Yeah, it seems like tomorrow's episode will pick up the pace. I think last weeks was supposed to be more like an interlude from the action packed LA X, and the next one. Also, Sawyer's scene on the dock last episode had to be his best scene in the whole series. I actually started crying when he was talking about how it was his *SPOILERS FOR SOME* fault for keeping Juliet on the Island.

I also gotta agree with the female thing. Most of my big favs are all the girls. Juliet, Ana Lucia, Kate, Sun, Libby, Charlotte, and even Shannon were all cool, lol. In terms of the guys, Ben is certainly my favorite, as well as Jack, Sayid, and Daniel.

As for the gay thing...I gotta agree, lol. I only started watching the show less then a year ago, (thanks to a friend, watched the whole series up to the end of 5 in less then 2 months!) and as I went through it I would be like, "oooo, I hope he's gay." Kind of silly, but natural for me I guess. I was really hopeful for Ben. Michael Emerson is very sexy to me, lol. Same with Daniel Faraday. :O As for Tom...yeah, he was more like a side character. :(

I also am loving Dogen and Lennon. they seem like they could be great new characters for the season.
Posted on: 2010/2/16 0:50
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Really? I thought the scene where Sawyer *spoiler?* kills his namesake was a lot more powerful and riveting- and meaningful. Honestly, the entire deal with Juliet is one of the reasons I didn't like the start to this season; one of the worst parts about LOST is that they are constantly -cough- removing -cough- characters for the sake of actors that need or want to move on to other projects, and they do it in the absolute dumbest ways possible. Just look at Ana Lucia (Michelle Rodriguez only signed for one season, so naturally they have to bring Libby in, too?). Same with Eko and Shannon. And now Juliet. I don't know why, but it really detracts from the show every time they off a character just to free up an actor's schedule. In fact, the ONLY deaths in LOST that have ever seemed truly necessary and really affected me were Boone's and Alex's, the latter being by far the superior scene.

I forgot to mention Richard Alpert. He's a cool character that I hope will get some more screen time next episode.

I've also always felt extremely sympathetic with John Locke and I'm a little sad that it looks like he's lost his chance for a happy ending (although who knows). Even if he hasn't always been my favorite character he's never lost that side of him where you can understand why he does what he does, even if it isn't necessarily agreeable. It's kind of the same with Jack, although I have a more negative opinion of him overall.

Dogen and Lennon do look like nice enough adds, but I refuse to become attached to them since I'm not sure what kind of staying power they have on the show. They're already at a disadvantage being introduced in the very last season; I fully expect one or both of them to meet their maker at the hands of Smokey before the show has run its course.

Heh, but yeah, all of this has been a long time coming for me. Six years of my life have been wasted waiting for this season- I don't know how they'll top last season's finale, but whatever happens, it better be good. O:
Posted on: 2010/2/16 1:10
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
I LOVE LOST. But everytime I watch it I'm on edge and like waiting for that moment where I'm gonna be blown away lol. But I fear that they won't answer all the questions with this last season..
Posted on: 2010/2/16 3:10
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
i watched the first season and started on the second but then everything just went mental, just like every other american show and they take the whole shows to the limit - and even cross it.
prison break, heroes, lost are all the same and probably true blood will also get in the same cathegory anytime soon.

the only shows that can take 2 or more seasons and still be worth watching are the humour ones. like friends, how I met your mother, scrubs and whatelse.

they should stop making these super long series and just try and keep it down to a maximum of 2 seasons...

in my opinion. =)
Posted on: 2010/2/16 3:24
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
one of the worst parts about LOST is that they are constantly -cough- removing -cough- characters for the sake of actors that need or want to move on to other projects, and they do it in the absolute dumbest ways possible. Just look at Ana Lucia (Michelle Rodriguez only signed for one season, so naturally they have to bring Libby in, too?). Same with Eko and Shannon. And now Juliet. I don't know why, but it really detracts from the show every time they off a character just to free up an actor's schedule. In fact, the ONLY deaths in LOST that have ever seemed truly necessary and really affected me were Boone's and Alex's, the latter being by far the superior scene.

Not sure about Ana and Libby, but Shannon's death was totally intentional. It was planned before they even started filming Season 2. Same with Juliet. Elizabeth Mitchell was devastated after Season 5 because Juilet's death was planned. I remember an interview Mitchell did a while back explained how she cried for hours the night she found out Juliet was going to die. Only reason why she is on V is because she didn't have LOST anymore.

As for Eko, well. Adwale, the actor wanted to go back to London because of his parents dying or something. As for others....well, Charlotte is going to be in Season 6, as well as Faraday, so I think their deaths were intentional.

Anyway, just saying that not as many characters were killed off for that reason as you may think.

Anyway, did anyone watch this nights episode? *SPOILERS*

I loved tonights episode. Seeing Helen back after so long was great, but it was also so sad seeing what Locke's life could have been if he wasn't fated to get to the Island. Seeing the little connections with Hurley and Rose was awesome too!

In terms of the real timeline, I thought tonight was interesting.....the whole wall with all the names of supposed "candidates" was creepy. I was on DarkUFO earlier and they have found these last names crossed out on the wall...

Carlyle (That is Boone)
Rutherford (Shannon)
Linus (Ben or his father Roger)
Lewis (Charlotte)
Littleton (Claire)
Goodspeed (Horace or Ethan)
Pace (Charlie)
Possibly Faraday (Daniel)
Possibly Rousseu (The French woman)
Straumhe (sp?) (Miles)

And there were many other characters last names written, everywhere from major characters to even the guy who got sucked into the propeller of the plane in the first episode. What is interesting though is that Kate is not written there.
Posted on: 2010/2/17 1:16
  •  purefault
      purefault
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/m/usa
Ahh I wish I had came across this thread a long time ago...
LOST was my favorite show.

Just wondering (if anyone wants to revive this thread), what did you all think of the ending...?
Posted on: 2010/12/26 23:40
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic