<123456>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re: ok whats a "must do" in japan
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
I like sweet, but not too sweet. The sweetness varies on the brand or type of alcohol. You must've had some real sweet ume shuu. I've had them before, I don't prefer them. My mom makes her own and she makes it not too sweet so its perfect. You can always have it on the rocks or add water to it to balance it out. I can't drink sake, especially cause the smell gets to me. After working in the food industry for 3 years in Japan and dealing with alcohol there, I've spilt sake on my uniform & I couldn't take it. I'm still looking for something I can drink thats not too strong. Beer, I like Kirin over Asahi.
You can also try whale sashimi or raw chicken sashimi or horse sashimi. My husband tried whale and chicken on his last visit to Japan and he said they were both delicious.
Posted on: 2010/2/27 8:56
  •  AXMA47
      AXMA47
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/M/HI
@ tokyokid yea sure pokemon is awesome ill check it out was one of the first ones that got into it back wen it played on channel 9 kiku television lol
@ Salomonis i've had Asahi and Kirin Ichiban they are great lol yea I think ill try the puffer fish sounds cool.

@ a_kikoo oh ok wow thats cool ur mom makes her own ume shuu. P.S. pretty chaotic today huh? lol

oh yea was it shyochu? the wine or somting that doesnt have much taste my friend described it as like drinking water lol.
Posted on: 2010/2/27 10:54
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
haha yeah, crazy stuff. we went to the store and there was so much people!
Posted on: 2010/2/27 11:25
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Some of Japanese food can take getting used to?the first photo is whale and to be honest my friends at University reacted hysterically the second is a seafood course ? don?t be afraid to try I won't go into what I have devoured in China ?..

Posted on: 2010/2/27 11:40
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Sorry about the double post?some of the visits we managed to stay in a variety of regions and taste local produce which can be seasonal ..Crab on this occasion my mother could explain more about the side dishes ?or may be other members will recognize .

Posted on: 2010/2/27 11:54
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/F/UK
mehhh... I want to go to Japan :(
Posted on: 2010/2/27 14:29
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
I can't wait to go in December!
Posted on: 2010/2/27 23:41
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
Some of Japanese food can take getting used to?the first photo is whale and to be honest my friends at University reacted hysterically the second is a seafood course ? don?t be afraid to try I won't go into what I have devoured in China ?..

That is such a hateful dish....have you seen how they harpoon these whales in the head and wait till they choke on their own blood....and then finish them off with a gun when they resurface for air? I'm not judging you or anything though....I'm just saddened. That seafood course looks really good though.

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2010/2/28 0:01
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Many apologises I have removed the photo, It was insensitive I should have learnt from the reaction of my friends at University, shamefully I enjoy whale, no point in fibbing but I have to say my conscience is getting the better over my tummy. ?please remove the other ?

I have a terrible craving for Foie gras, the? hateful? French delicacy ?where only the male is used and is force fed until the liver is ten time it normal size..
Posted on: 2010/2/28 0:36
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L Not something you need to know
OMG! It's just a whale. Countless of cows are killed everyday but no one makes a big deal out of them because they aren't cute animals. Same for pigs and chicken. Whales are just part of the normal food chain.

www.youtube.com/fadcAuTra
Posted on: 2010/2/28 1:01
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>