This Guy Sampling Utada's "Passion"

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: This guy ruin Utada
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/F/UK
WHY DIDNT HE GIVE ANY CREDIT TO UTADA????
Posted on: 2010/3/3 9:56
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Re: This Guy ruin Utada
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
why did he have to pick an Hikki song in the first place?
Posted on: 2010/3/3 9:58
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/F/UK
Quote:

Kumachang wrote:
why did he have to pick an Hikki song in the first place?

Exactly. XD
Posted on: 2010/3/3 10:00
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Whoever this wanker is that bastardized my baby's song should be put to death.

I don't mind people sampling Hikki's music but don't put a craptastic rap over it.
Posted on: 2010/3/3 10:04
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/F/UK
Quote:

Ultra_Red wrote:
I don't mind people sampling Hikki's music but don't put a craptastic rap over it.

I agree. The rap is complete trash too!!!!
Posted on: 2010/3/3 10:11
  •  lolstebbo
      lolstebbo
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20/M/US+Taiwan
Quote:

meekobiscuit wrote:
Well, this could be good, Take for instance, Jason Derulo's "Whatcha Say". He sampled an Imogen Heap song called, "Hide & Seek". I am sure that because Derulo's song is such a big hit, it opened up a whole new demographic for Imogen Heap that she never would have reached, had he not sampled her work.

Actually, I know a lot of people that've heard Whacha Say but still don't know who Imogen is. Most people that hear sampled stuff in hip hop music generally don't know the origin of the sampled stuff. Like a lot of people don't know that the I Wear My Sunglasses At Night song is from, like, the 80s or early 90s or something.

Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
Third, this is one song, from one rapper. What about Hikki? She samples all the time. The entire background melody to FYI is nothing more than Ryuichi Sakamoto's "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence" played practically in its entirety. Is she a thief that has to resort to begging borrowing and stealing because she wanted to use a cool instrumental to accompany that track? Uh, no.

Most rappers aren't as transparent about their sampling to the point where they put the name of what they sampled in the title of the song.
Posted on: 2010/3/3 11:42
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Cry me a river.
Posted on: 2010/3/3 14:16
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Calm down ladies and gents. Sampling is just another part of the music industry. Yes the music may totally blow, but still it's not “ruining” the original composer's works. Had that been the case then Hikki would've never allowed her song to be used nor would've that song been released. If you think her song was “ruined”, compare this too “Vinyl Fantasy”; Real rappers including Jay-Z sample themes from Final Fantasy VII and make songs from it. Majority of them blow but it's not ruining the Final Fantasy VII reputation. Like Taiyou said, cry me a river..it still won't change anything.
Posted on: 2010/3/3 16:41
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
i kinda like the rap. hahaha! a nice and different feel. =]
Posted on: 2010/3/3 19:48
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Actually...In my oppinion Passion was very well done as a BG music ^^ *I can't say I'm a fan of rap thogh...but that's just me*...so no need to be mad guys ^^
Posted on: 2010/3/3 21:56
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>