Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...3456
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: This Guy ruin Utada
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Well, I guess I'll figure this one out.

You are saying that I must be stereotyping people by their albums. I didn't know that was really stereotyping, but I guess that was. That sampling didn't destroy the song, it was used terribly. He thought the song was going to be good with the sample, but the sample failed. Explains why a lot of sampling fails, and covers do too, like how Fall Out Boy covered "Beat It".

As much as I hate Fall Out Boy, they won't sample Utada's songs at all, even though they're both on Island Records. They would realize it wouldn't flow at all with their songs.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 22:17
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
Well, I guess I'll figure this one out.

You are saying that I must be stereotyping people by their albums. I didn't know that was really stereotyping, but I guess that was. That sampling didn't destroy the song, it was used terribly. He thought the song was going to be good with the sample, but the sample failed. Explains why a lot of sampling fails, and covers do too, like how Fall Out Boy covered "Beat It".

As much as I hate Fall Out Boy, they won't sample Utada's songs at all, even though they're both on Island Records. They would realize it wouldn't flow at all with their songs.

Since you gave me a easier angle now,

As much as I hate Fall Out Boy, they won't sample Utada's songs at all, even though they're both on Island Records. They would realize it wouldn't flow at all with their songs

You wouldn't know until they've done it.They could have sampled Uso mitai na I LOVE YOU and kept their own style in place.They could sample SAKURA drops and still pull it of.You can't say that an artist shouldn't try to use a fellow musician's song simply because you feel as though it doesn't relate to their native sound.

I can't tell but it seems as though you hold this pretense for things you styles/artists you aren't particularly fond of.
Posted on: 2010/3/21 3:58
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16 / M / Palembang
Terrible for you doesn't mean terrible for others.
I mean, umh come on.. We are living in a planet with billions of people, not everybody should have the same musical taste as yours
Posted on: 2010/3/21 4:57
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I guess music is unique, it doesn't have to "make sense". Just like art I guess, even though things may seem weird, it's their own piece of work. I guess this artist isn't that popular, so it shouldn't be a big deal in the first place.

Wouldn't Uso mitai na I LOVE YOU and SAKURA DROPS not be able to be sampled since they aren't by the same label? Those 2 songs are by 宇多田ヒカル, while the English songs are by Utada.
Posted on: 2010/3/21 9:04
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
I guess music is unique, it doesn't have to "make sense". Just like art I guess, even though things may seem weird, it's their own piece of work. I guess this artist isn't that popular, so it shouldn't be a big deal in the first place.

Wouldn't Uso mitai na I LOVE YOU and SAKURA DROPS not be able to be sampled since they aren't by the same label? Those 2 songs are by 宇多田ヒカル, while the English songs are by Utada.

You can sample anything as long as no rights at violated and credit to the original must be mentioned.
Posted on: 2010/3/21 22:06
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Oh, I thought there may be an issue with some international laws or w/e.
Posted on: 2010/3/23 16:39
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...3456