<123456>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  meekobiscuit
      meekobiscuit
Re: This Guy ruin Utada
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 35/M/L.A.
this London City song is growing on me now. Yikes!
Posted on: 2010/3/5 1:47
  •  goku1337
      goku1337
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19 male NLR AR
@Shurikid i just want to thank this person if not for the ture words he said i would have said something really bad so Thank you man that was cool.
Posted on: 2010/3/5 7:10
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
It's very true that people are blowing this out of proportion, and I needn't state what others have already put.

But give this guy a break. Sure he must acknowledge Utada in the booklet of the album this song is on, but it's not like Utada thanked the artist for the piece of music she sampled in EXODUS '04... But then again I'm unsure as to whether or not she really knew about that... That may be Timbaland's fault on that point (he's gotten into trouble for doing this kind of thing before).

All we can do is appreciate the fact he HAS sampled Passion, whether or not we like this music.
I must honestly say the song is growing on me. This, however, could simply be because the Utada parts are quite nicely done.
Posted on: 2010/3/7 13:27
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: This Guy Sampling Utada
guest_Unregistered
BRITISH GUY RAPPING HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No but seriously, artists sample one another's music all the time, I think it's great when someone takes a tune and turns it into something else.
Posted on: 2010/3/7 17:24
  •  syronx
      syronx
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L M/Earth [lol(USA)]
even if he did this so called *sampling*

did he do it legally? or illegally?

the entire song is this guy rapping and hikki's song remixed in the background.
Posted on: 2010/3/8 4:17
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
I'm pretty sure he sampled Sanctuary actually, as IDJ has some rights over that song. Passion belongs to EMI, and both Utada and this Devlin guy have contracts with IDJ...
Posted on: 2010/3/8 8:16
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
No..he's sampling passion...Because the background singer is singing passion's lyrics, in a muffled tone.
Posted on: 2010/3/8 14:49
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
THE WORST SAMPLING EVER !!!
Posted on: 2010/3/9 2:24
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

bhive619 wrote:
haha! XD ang kulet!

yes, Utada samples songs but she gives them CREDIT
this guy didn't... oh well.. idk.. i'm chill.. i kinda like the song actually.. :|

Just like the Amai Wana (Paint it Black). She sampled a part from the rolling stones, but gave credit. Well, I guess with the contract, he could use her songs. I mean, why sample her songs in a rap song? That's just too weird, because those songs don't go good together. If anything should be sampled, TITO should be since that wasn't a really good album, but Sanctuary was a very good song.
Posted on: 2010/3/19 10:52
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
Quote:

bhive619 wrote:
haha! XD ang kulet!

yes, Utada samples songs but she gives them CREDIT
this guy didn't... oh well.. idk.. i'm chill.. i kinda like the song actually.. :|

Just like the Amai Wana (Paint it Black). She sampled a part from the rolling stones, but gave credit. Well, I guess with the contract, he could use her songs. I mean, why sample her songs in a rap song? That's just too weird, because those songs don't go good together. If anything should be sampled, TITO should be since that wasn't a really good album, but Sanctuary was a very good song.

Why would he deliberately sample something bad?And it being weird is simply a matter of not being exposed to it enough.It's nothing to hear samples of E.Asia artist in a lot of underground music.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 4:27
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>