This Guy Sampling Utada's "Passion"

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: This Guy ruin Utada
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
TITO was bad because it's not really her style. I only mentioned that because those songs were the closest things to rap.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 11:29
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Re: This Guy Sampling Utada
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
TITO was very much Utada's style. She's been singing R&B for years. Hikki is one of those rare artists who can sing in more than 1 genre. First Love was R&B and Pop while Ultra Blue was experimental. She has alot of styles.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 11:50
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I mean the lyrics she uses. A lot of the stuff seems so unusual, and not her personality.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 12:08
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
"Its not her personalit" do you personally know her?
Posted on: 2010/3/20 12:41
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I don't personally know her, but it just doesn't seem like her personality from her other songs. I have read a lot about her though, so that's how I would know about her.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 13:15
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
TITO was bad because it's not really her style. I only mentioned that because those songs were the closest things to rap.

That is a pretty strong stereotype.There are still rappers out there that can go a entire album with a sexual explicit lyric let alone cursing to assert a sense of adulthood in talking of such.I feel the man of this very topic has even met that description.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 15:58
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Sanctuary was just a bad choice because it is nowhere close to being included in a rap song. Shouldn't be a part of any song because of it's own style.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 18:11
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
Sanctuary was just a bad choice because it is nowhere close to being included in a rap song. Shouldn't be a part of any song because of it's own style.

You can't dictate choose for in creative exploration anymore than I can convince you that your looking at this from a prejudice standpoint on the genre.

I don't feel that this was the best use of passion but he indeed has as much a right to sample it for his art as much as we as fans have a right to do covers of it.

He isn't stealing Utada's genius away from her for sampling the song.It doesn't destroy the original at all;He just made poor use of it.The presentation of the excrete was not in the best of forms;I agree.But you must realize that him,his producer,whom ever thought it was a good idea felt possibly felt that this song transcended any genre and saw it all but fit to be sampled.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 20:31
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I never said that he can't use Passion/Sanctuary, I just said it shouldn't be used. It's just like how some instruments don't go together, like a Tuba and a Violin. It's not pleasant, like they both are great instruments, but they just don't go together. Same with Sanctuary and Rap. Rap is running out of ideas nowadays, that even noobs could become "successful" rappers. I just don't like that rap song though, it was just some poser who lacks true skill like a lot of other people nowadays.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 20:47
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
I never said that he can't use Passion/Sanctuary, I just said it shouldn't be used. It's just like how some instruments don't go together, like a Tuba and a Violin. It's not pleasant, like they both are great instruments, but they just don't go together. Same with Sanctuary and Rap. Rap is running out of ideas nowadays, that even noobs could become "successful" rappers. I just don't like that rap song though, it was just some poser who lacks true skill like a lot of other people nowadays.

You aren't getting it.I'm giving up.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 21:07
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>