Poster Thread
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: This Guy ruin Utada
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
TITO was bad because it's not really her style. I only mentioned that because those songs were the closest things to rap.

That is a pretty strong stereotype.There are still rappers out there that can go a entire album with a sexual explicit lyric let alone cursing to assert a sense of adulthood in talking of such.I feel the man of this very topic has even met that description.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 15:58
Re: This Guy Sampling Utada
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I don't personally know her, but it just doesn't seem like her personality from her other songs. I have read a lot about her though, so that's how I would know about her.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 13:15
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
"Its not her personalit" do you personally know her?
Posted on: 2010/3/20 12:41
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I mean the lyrics she uses. A lot of the stuff seems so unusual, and not her personality.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 12:08
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
TITO was very much Utada's style. She's been singing R&B for years. Hikki is one of those rare artists who can sing in more than 1 genre. First Love was R&B and Pop while Ultra Blue was experimental. She has alot of styles.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 11:50
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
TITO was bad because it's not really her style. I only mentioned that because those songs were the closest things to rap.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 11:29
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
Quote:

bhive619 wrote:
haha! XD ang kulet!

yes, Utada samples songs but she gives them CREDIT
this guy didn't... oh well.. idk.. i'm chill.. i kinda like the song actually.. :|

Just like the Amai Wana (Paint it Black). She sampled a part from the rolling stones, but gave credit. Well, I guess with the contract, he could use her songs. I mean, why sample her songs in a rap song? That's just too weird, because those songs don't go good together. If anything should be sampled, TITO should be since that wasn't a really good album, but Sanctuary was a very good song.

Why would he deliberately sample something bad?And it being weird is simply a matter of not being exposed to it enough.It's nothing to hear samples of E.Asia artist in a lot of underground music.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 4:27
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

bhive619 wrote:
haha! XD ang kulet!

yes, Utada samples songs but she gives them CREDIT
this guy didn't... oh well.. idk.. i'm chill.. i kinda like the song actually.. :|

Just like the Amai Wana (Paint it Black). She sampled a part from the rolling stones, but gave credit. Well, I guess with the contract, he could use her songs. I mean, why sample her songs in a rap song? That's just too weird, because those songs don't go good together. If anything should be sampled, TITO should be since that wasn't a really good album, but Sanctuary was a very good song.
Posted on: 2010/3/19 10:52
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
THE WORST SAMPLING EVER !!!
Posted on: 2010/3/9 2:24
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
No..he's sampling passion...Because the background singer is singing passion's lyrics, in a muffled tone.
Posted on: 2010/3/8 14:49
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>