<1...3456
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  meekobiscuit
      meekobiscuit
Re: This guy ruin Utada
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 35/M/L.A.
Well, this could be good, I guess. IF this song is a hit, that would mean more exposure for Utada. I don't mind how the song turned out because I don't think it's bad. However, I really don't have a lot of respect for people who can't create their own music.

Take for instance, Jason Derulo's "Whatcha Say". He sampled an Imogen Heap song called, "Hide & Seek". I am sure that because Derulo's song is such a big hit, it opened up a whole new demographic for Imogen Heap that she never would have reached, had he not sampled her work.

I have a feeling Utada knows about this, especially if it's true that he has signed on to Island Def Jam UK.
Posted on: 2010/3/2 21:29
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
You guys, chill. He's just sampling her song. Considering the fact that they're signed to the same record label, someone at IDJ probably suggested it (and most likely the sample is from "Sanctuary" since that's the one IDJ actually has rights to). As long as all of the royalties have been paid to the right people, there's nothing illegal about it and he hasn't stolen anything.

Most artists don't actively identify the music they sample, but rest assured, if it was used legally Hikki will be credited somewhere in the album liner notes for that song.

So relax~.
Posted on: 2010/3/2 21:27
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 00/F/CityofWonder
not giving credit to HIKKI is just disrespectful

this rapper is signed to Island Records since 2009
http://outakers.com/2010/02/devlin-signs-to-island-records/

i wish hikki would make a song with JAY-Z..
something like Empire State of Mind
Posted on: 2010/3/2 20:57
  •  Betan7
      Betan7
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19/M/CA
. . .omg who is this rapper?? and i'm not trying to be racist, but this white dude.. who is he?? and yea, why is Utada Hikaru's song Passion, remixed like that and placed in the background?? Are music industries really not creative any more with making music and now trying to make music through others songs???

really? like i understand when artists do covers, and nothing wrong with that, but to take a whole song and place it in through rap is like.. wtf?

like i've heard Right Round, Sugar, and Live your life have parts of other songs in it, and made it themselves but still..! something like what this london guy did was not cool >:(
Posted on: 2010/3/2 20:31
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
how do we tell utada about this
the guy basically just rapped over her song and released it as a single of his own.
Posted on: 2010/3/2 20:16
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
This Guy Sampling Utada's "Passion"
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
http://www.myspace.com/devlinot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmwAZJRGK0s
listen to the BGM it was similar Passion by Utada

Edit : Okay i change the thread title
Posted on: 2010/3/2 19:38
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...3456