Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Other Music
  Looking for Independent and Creative Singer-Songwriters Recommendations!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Looking for Independent and Creative Singer-Songwriters Recommendations!
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

barried wrote:
Shiina Ringo and Akeboshi. Both are genius!

I forgot all about Akeboshi.I love Yellow moon.
Posted on: 2010/3/10 5:57
  •  TurtleFu
      TurtleFu
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:
No, it's not
If I was just looking for any recommendations, then it would be. But none of the artists suggested in THAT thread are creative, artistic singer-songwriters. In that thread, people recommend Koda Kumi and the like.
I'm looking for music with real energy put into it, not mindless pop.
Posted on: 2010/3/10 13:23
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

TurtleFu wrote:
Quote:
No, it's not
If I was just looking for any recommendations, then it would be. But none of the artists suggested in THAT thread are creative, artistic singer-songwriters. In that thread, people recommend Koda Kumi and the like.

Have you read other member recommendation.

My suggestion

Tokyo Jihen
Tatsuro Yamashita , he was a legend ( i don't know if he was still alive or not ) XP
MISIA , if you want a great vocal. One of the talented singer. Full and a complete artist.
Yokko Kanno, she's the "Queen of soundtrack" many new singer collaborate with her.
Origa a.k.a Ol'ga Vital'evna Yakovleva. And she was a Russian singer , i love her voice ... great vocal.

Similar thread and its my old thread

http://www.utadanet.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4057&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=0
Posted on: 2010/3/12 5:02
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

TurtleFu wrote:
Quote:
No, it's not

Uh, last time I checked, Koda Kumi now writes a good majority of her songs. And if you want to talk about creative, Koda Kumi is just the person! Have you seen the feature "6 faces of Kumi"? She does everything that involves her music. Her concerts are the most creative, and sad to say, WAAAAAY better than Utada's concert's (and I love Utada). So, before you go bashing Koda Kumi, do research next time~!
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/4/6 13:48
  •  Utadist
      Utadist
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

TurtleFu wrote:
I've been listening to a lot of Japanese music, but most of it is soulless and hollow pop.
I like Utada's music because it is artistic and creative and has emotion and a spirit to it. She independent writes her own songs, instead of just writing the lyrics or getting help in writing the music.
So, like, the only other one I can think of is Shiina Ringo who is creative like Utada.
What are some singer-songwriters? They don't even necessarily have to be Japanese.

kind of late but I would recommend Cocco (Tomoko Makishi) especially her first albums which sometimes really rocked. Much more "ethnic", Hajime Chitose, I think her vocals and the stuff she sings are incredibly original and emotional. :)
Posted on: 2010/12/24 16:00
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

TurtleFu wrote:
Quote:
No, it's not

Uh, last time I checked, Koda Kumi now writes a good majority of her songs. And if you want to talk about creative, Koda Kumi is just the person! Have you seen the feature "6 faces of Kumi"? She does everything that involves her music. Her concerts are the most creative, and sad to say, WAAAAAY better than Utada's concert's (and I love Utada). So, before you go bashing Koda Kumi, do research next time~!

Eh...he was being bias yes but that doesn't mean that she meets his requirements. I don't feel that she on the most creative streak right now...I wouldn't recommended her to a person frequently visits a Utada forum.
Posted on: 2010/12/24 20:13
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

TurtleFu wrote:
Quote:
No, it's not

Eh...he was being bias yes but that doesn't mean that she meets his requirements. I don't feel that she on the most creative streak right now...I wouldn't recommended her to a person frequently visits a Utada forum.

I was just clearing things up (mindless pop...?).
Even though her stuff isn't too creative at the moment, a lot of it is still her.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/12/24 23:08
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
hes an asian american new artist. its very ctachy

http://soundcloud.com/michaelmai/its-love-michael-mai
Posted on: 2010/12/25 16:26
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123