•  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Rock
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

paradiseisland wrote:
Well everyone has their own opinions. Ayu's recent albums have been mixed in reaction. Some people liked Next Level, like you, LoBFCanti. Others, like me and some of my friends, didn't like the album much at all. I prefer Rock n' Roll Circus. Yeah Sunset and Sunrise were the low points, but I thought the other tracks were decent. It's not a perfect album, but it's good for the most part and I felt there were something more AYU about this album than Next Level. But that's just me. It definitely has its flaws though.

I just wish Ayu would make albums like Duty, Missunderstood, or I am.. again. I love DUTY! It's all my time favorite!

I just wish Ayu would make albums like Duty, Missunderstood, or I am.. again. I love DUTY! It's all my time favorite!

*squints eyes*I know I've said those words somewhere on this site before...

I didn't mention "I am.." but I do recall saying I love "Connected"....I'm watching you

And like I said,this is just gonna be Ayu's TiTO,I suppose I NEXT LEVEL in that light would be Exodus.

Her most experimental of latter works and the cop out that followed :/ maybe I'm being too harsh with that remark but yeah,I don't see myself ever liking this album.

I'm sorry, I didn't know you said that before! Well, Duty was a brilliant album and I really like the "aura" around I am...

Well, anyway, it's perfectly fine that you don't like Rock n' roll circus. It's your judgment.

If you put it that way, I might get into Next Level eventually. That happened for me with Exodus.
Posted on: 2010/4/13 20:57
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - RocknRoll Circus (New Album) [4/14/10]
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

loli-drop wrote:
Quote:

tempest_phoenix wrote:
I've listened to the whole album a few times through now and i have to say that i think it's very good. It's been put together very well, the songs fit in the order they have placed perfectly. Still Sunrise is not a great song, probably the worst on the record in my opinion, and it manages to taint the album a little bit. Otherwise it really is very good. Personally i've always been a fan of the instrumental bridges in Ayus albums, and i love them in this one. Better than Next Level i think, but not the best album out there. I was really worried before i listened to it, but i've been proven wrong, well done Ayu!

Im with tempest_phoenix on this one, i really really like the album- which i was surprised about, because theres normally only a couple of tracks that i like on any of ayu's albums. though i would agree that sunrise was unecessary if you were going to put sunset in anyway. i also really hated next level, it was soo samey and short, most of the songs were intro tracks. this album has so much variety and the lyrics are soo pretty, which was my other problem with next level.
Ayu you did good! i think you can tell how much effort got put into it by everyone involved.

Pretty lyrics?I honestly don't know how to even respond to that;I'm not even trying snide.

It's void anyways.To continue trying to conceive how you can think this was a better album than NEXT LEVEL in terms of mastering,in terms of continuity in concept and even overall enjoyability.

This will eventually genuinely anger me as to how such a well constructed piece of work could receive such neglect in comparison to this moire of slow,overproduced,inconsistent "tapestry of feces" with a beautiful "RED" bow on top to make it seem pretty.

Rainy day was a beautiful way to ended an album,but it wasn't because it was the only thing I enjoyed after an hour of my life went by listening to it(excluding "You were.
..",there is nothing wrong with the song.).

But yeah this is an opinion;disregard as seen fit.It seems like I surely am gonna have to -_-
Posted on: 2010/4/13 21:15
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
My favorite song by Ayumi is "Heaven". I was wondering if anyone knows any other songs by her that are like this?

There are a lot.

I'm gonna assume that you've heard DEAREST already.

"rainy day" is within the same album as HEAVEN
"moments"
"CAROLS" definitely.
"To be"

there are more...just give me sometime.
Posted on: 2010/4/13 21:27
  •  loli-drop
      loli-drop
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/F/London
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

loli-drop wrote:
Quote:

tempest_phoenix wrote:
I've listened to the whole album a few times through now and i have to say that i think it's very good. It's been put together very well, the songs fit in the order they have placed perfectly. Still Sunrise is not a great song, probably the worst on the record in my opinion, and it manages to taint the album a little bit. Otherwise it really is very good. Personally i've always been a fan of the instrumental bridges in Ayus albums, and i love them in this one. Better than Next Level i think, but not the best album out there. I was really worried before i listened to it, but i've been proven wrong, well done Ayu!

Im with tempest_phoenix on this one, i really really like the album- which i was surprised about, because theres normally only a couple of tracks that i like on any of ayu's albums. though i would agree that sunrise was unecessary if you were going to put sunset in anyway. i also really hated next level, it was soo samey and short, most of the songs were intro tracks. this album has so much variety and the lyrics are soo pretty, which was my other problem with next level.
Ayu you did good! i think you can tell how much effort got put into it by everyone involved.

Pretty lyrics?I honestly don't know how to even respond to that;I'm not even trying snide.

It's void anyways.To continue trying to conceive how you can think this was a better album than NEXT LEVEL in terms of mastering,in terms of continuity in concept and even overall enjoyability.

This will eventually genuinely anger me as to how such a well constructed piece of work could receive such neglect in comparison to this moire of slow,overproduced,inconsistent "tapestry of feces" with a beautiful "RED" bow on top to make it seem pretty.

Rainy day was a beautiful way to ended an album,but it wasn't because it was the only thing I enjoyed after an hour of my life went by listening to it(excluding "You were.

But yeah this is an opinion;disregard as seen fit.It seems like I surely am gonna have to -_-

ok... don't you think saying my opinion is 'void' is a little rude? if you don't like it just ignore it, but it's still what i think, im perfectly willing to respect your opinion even if i don't agree with it. and yes, to be fair curtain call had some of my favourite lyrics by ayu, but really, what i said about this album was hardly a comprehensive review, i really have no opinion on the continuity or production quality of this in comparison to her other albums. you've interpreted alot of what i said into what i didnt say.
Posted on: 2010/4/14 8:50
  •  tempest_phoenix
      tempest_phoenix
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/M/NorthernIreland
Yeah loli-drop, it really is a great album, well constructed despite what others may say. It's just got some great songs, and i was in no way convinced before i listened to it a few times through, i wasn't impressed by the quality of the singles really, but now even they have grown on me a lot. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions though, but that still doesn't mean you should have yours dismissed by someone so easily. As long as you enjoy it, and i definately do, it's a good album. There are fewer skip worthy songs on this album than on NEXT LEVEL in my opinion, therefore i believe it is better. I will say that certain songs have a very western or even British influence, especially Lsst Links, this sort of sounds like something that could easily have been on a Nerina Pallot album, but i like that, and it's clearly intentional too.
Posted on: 2010/4/14 9:36
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

loli-drop wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

loli-drop wrote:
Quote:

tempest_phoenix wrote:

ok... don't you think saying my opinion is 'void' is a little rude? if you don't like it just ignore it, but it's still what i think, im perfectly willing to respect your opinion even if i don't agree with it. and yes, to be fair curtain call had some of my favourite lyrics by ayu, but really, what i said about this album was hardly a comprehensive review, i really have no opinion on the continuity or production quality of this in comparison to her other albums. you've interpreted alot of what i said into what i didnt say.

You mistook me.I didn't say your opinion is void.I said it's pointless for me to try and come to understand how you can like this album in comparison to NL;I'm not at all disregarding your opinion,I put time into commenting on it.I just feel like we simply will never come to agree or remotely understand each others reasoning behind our opinions.

i also really hated next level, it was soo samey and short, most of the songs were intro tracks. this album has so much variety and the lyrics are soo pretty, which was my other problem with next level.

You said that most of the songs were intro tracks->which is a decision in mastering---you happened not to agree with it,no?I don't see what you even mean by that actually and would like you to better explain.

You also said that it was samey and short->this has to deal with the mastering and concept of it's target sound.

That is just how critique things and your chose of words definitely screamed -"Everything sounds the same and was placed oddly".But none the less that wasn't aimed at you particular.That was for everyone that shared your feelings on both this album and NEXT LEVEL.
Posted on: 2010/4/14 19:16
  •  yoursonnetmylove
      yoursonnetmylove
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Boston, MA
Just d/l the album this morning and give it a listen. To be blunt I liked it. The only criticism that I have is that there are too many ballads for an album named Rock n Roll Circus.
Posted on: 2010/4/15 21:09
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Pics from the photobook

Album Scans

NEXT LEVEL Arena Tour Scans

All courtesy of Team@Ayu
Posted on: 2010/4/26 15:05
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...3456