•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - RocknRoll Circus (New Album) [4/14/10]
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
1.THE introduction

2.Microphone - I already didn't like this song and we all heard it so nothing to say here

3.count down - I can't say I hate it but it's definitely a bore on first listen.Sorry if I keep doing this but it's so easy;Find past work this sounds similar to that.I'd say it's a half hearted sample of "(miss)understood"(title track of that album,not the album as a whole).Stale in and out this one.Meh.

4.Sunset~LOVE is ALL~ - It hasn't changed.Moving on(not that that's a "hated it",we just all heard already.)

5.BALLAD - *see Sunset~LOVE is ALL~*<--However,I really like this song though,I actually don't think it's anything special either.

6.Last links - oh boy oh boy....*sigh*.

I'll continue tomorrow.
Posted on: 2010/4/8 20:52
  •  yoursonnetmylove
      yoursonnetmylove
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Boston, MA
Do you think maybe because of her bad hearing that she's kind of producing shoddy music? I also notice her voice is slightly changing like less squeakier. She looks great though.
Posted on: 2010/4/9 17:27
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

yoursonnetmylove wrote:
Do you think maybe because of her bad hearing that she's kind of producing shoddy music? I also notice her voice is slightly changing like less squeakier. She looks great though.

Her vocals having been as nasally since 2006.He's getting older that's all.It's definitely a good thing.And she has been completely deaf in that ear since around that time anyways;she had been dealing with it for quite some time before as well.People were spread crazy rumors at her too!XD Someone even saying that she had AIDs and was a hypersexual/nympho because her condition was revealed fully yet.But although I didn't love Secret,it was enjoyable and guilty was awesome imo and there were good song's on Next Level.Also there hasn't been a terrible single from her in a long while(or ever).I don't know what's up with this album
Posted on: 2010/4/10 10:54
  •  tempest_phoenix
      tempest_phoenix
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/M/NorthernIreland
I've listened to the whole album a few times through now and i have to say that i think it's very good. It's been put together very well, the songs fit in the order they have placed perfectly. Still Sunrise is not a great song, probably the worst on the record in my opinion, and it manages to taint the album a little bit. Otherwise it really is very good. Personally i've always been a fan of the instrumental bridges in Ayus albums, and i love them in this one. Better than Next Level i think, but not the best album out there. I was really worried before i listened to it, but i've been proven wrong, well done Ayu!
Posted on: 2010/4/11 16:15
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

tempest_phoenix wrote:
I've listened to the whole album a few times through now and i have to say that i think it's very good. It's been put together very well, the songs fit in the order they have placed perfectly. Still Sunrise is not a great song, probably the worst on the record in my opinion, and it manages to taint the album a little bit. Otherwise it really is very good. Personally i've always been a fan of the instrumental bridges in Ayus albums, and i love them in this one. Better than Next Level i think, but not the best album out there. I was really worried before i listened to it, but i've been proven wrong, well done Ayu!

I'm sorry but there is no way...this is better than NEXT LEVEL.I guess this is just gonna be Ayu's TiTO.

in a fan review via blog,the comment on "count down" stated

"...The guitar riffs are there and the background stuff is cool, but Ayu just sounds so bored in the chorus and doesn?t really make it climatic.Maybe this song would?ve fit better on ?Secret? or even ?MY STORY"."

I agree with everything said but the last snippet is the most important.That song was nothing new.

I'll continue my thoughts from where I left off.

6.Last Links - I actually went into this song saying "Oh these strings sound awesome!";and then it started to sound kinda drab as well.This however seems to be like one of the few songs on the album(or only) that will grow on me.

7.montage

8.Don't look back - It still feels overproduced to me(song and PV XD),might grow on me.It's definitely one of the most complete songs of the album despite me not agreeing with every part of the arrangement.

9.Jump!

10.Lady Dynamite - I hate it when I only enjoy sections of songs.In L.D.,I only enjoy around 30-34 secs....and that's the 16 secs of the end of the 2 verses that lead directly into the hook....I honestly think this song is lazy as all hell.I can't give a good enough critique of this one,I simply can't sit through the song in full twice in a row.

11.Sexy Little things - When not coupled with the PV...I can take it a little more seriously.I feel if anything. This should have been the 2nd track.It could have set the tone for Microphone and suit as a bigger opener.

12.Sunrise ~ALL is LOVE~ - What the hell was this doing right before the closing ballad set?Had to fit it somewhere?
or....you could drop one of the "~ALL is LOVE~" completely to preserve consistency of mood.

13.meaning of Love - it's a pretty safe ballad,I feel the composition is what holds it back.It could sound amazing acappella.

14.You were... - This is Ayu's token style of ballad,but it completely outdoes the previous track to the point of question how did it make it on to the mastering list.Hasn't changed from the single either.

15.RED LINE~for TA~[Album Version] - I miss album closers like this.I feel like it was in the light of "independent+" and "Memorial Address".I can't really explain my reasoning for liking this song other than that however.It hasn't change much since the single either,but it has a acapella(aside from the organs) close out this time.
Posted on: 2010/4/11 23:54
  •  tempest_phoenix
      tempest_phoenix
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/M/NorthernIreland
I see what you mean, but i do think you're being a little bit harsh. Although i do admit that i may have been too quick to say it's better than NEXT LEVEL, upon thinking more about it i retract my opinion, allbeit reluctantly. This is like TITO in that it is far more accessible than NEXT LEVEL, which is perhaps its main weakness. Some parts do sound uninspired, but Ayus vocals are wonderful, the quality of them is clear and beautiful. Also i disagree with the panning of songs like countdown and Last Links, Last Links is one of the best on there i think. As i said, not a great album, but easier to listen to the whole way through than NEXT LEVEL in my opinion, and that's simply due to the fact that there are fewer songs which aurally jarr. That's why i mentionned how well the album has been put together, with that one exception, i flows effectively from beginning to end.

This simply isn't a brilliant album, but it's definately not a bad one. It achieves all it sets out to with varying degrees of success. I'll be listening to NEXT LEVEL for its standout songs long after getting bored of Rock n Roll Circus, but still Rock n Roll Circus still deserves more than you give it.
Posted on: 2010/4/12 1:06
  •  STrying
      STrying
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 20, F, Columbus OH
I am only just now listening to it, but I wonder why everyone hates Sunrise Love is All? That song is one of her best songs, in my opinion. Everytime it comes on I have to jump around and sing to it. Makes a person feel good. Even my husband (a steady rocker/metal head) agrees that it's good and sings along to it. XD

Now, as for this being like TiTO, maybe. But...after seeing Utada live this year, I really started to love TiTO, so what will that say for Ayu's album? TiTO isn't that bad, it's even a good album, (Me Muero!!!!) it just didn't sell and it took awhile to get into. Maybe this will be the same?I can tell already though, that RocknRoll Circus is WAAAAAYYYY better than Next Level. Next Level was a typical production of pop crap that was missing the element of Ayumi that is in her other albums.
Posted on: 2010/4/12 8:25
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

STrying wrote:
I am only just now listening to it, but I wonder why everyone hates Sunrise Love is All? That song is one of her best songs, in my opinion. Everytime it comes on I have to jump around and sing to it. Makes a person feel good. Even my husband (a steady rocker/metal head) agrees that it's good and sings along to it. XD

Now, as for this being like TiTO, maybe. But...after seeing Utada live this year, I really started to love TiTO, so what will that say for Ayu's album? TiTO isn't that bad, it's even a good album, (Me Muero!!!!) it just didn't sell and it took awhile to get into. Maybe this will be the same?I can tell already though, that RocknRoll Circus is WAAAAAYYYY better than Next Level. Next Level was a typical production of pop crap that was missing the element of Ayumi that is in her other albums.

"RocknRoll Circus is WAAAAAYYYY better than Next Level.Next Level was a typical production of pop crap that was missing the element of Ayumi that is in her other albums."

I'd never think I could be offend by such a comment.

1.Bridge to the Sky
2.NEXT LEVEL
3.Disco-munication
4.Energize

Beautiful transitions and well-suited for the suggested theme of the album.I even felt NEXT LEVEL(song) blew BLUE BIRD and fairyland out of the water.

5.Sparkle
6.Rollin'

That trance sound that Max sold ayu to me with was present with her new flavor of booming vocals on the choruses.I think that sparkle is just ok whereas Rollin' accomplishes that Sunday evening in a popular arcade sound,further advancing the initial theme of the album.I love that song by the way.

7.GREEN

Serving as the down time in between stages or as the ending credits/game over screen as the end of "Rollin'" would imply.Another song that I like very much,the remix on the Rule/Sparkle single,"GREEN(CMJK Spring Storm mix)",even more so.If she wasn't going for a transition of mood into the more guitar driven portion of the album,I'd have loved for her to have used the remix here instead.It was perfect for the theme.

8.Load of SHUGYO
9.identity
10.Rule

This where the album starts ripping on their axes...or should I say clashing their swords?~

Although said imagery can't be seen as this sound we are talking about;"Load of SHUGYO" is playing into that cyberpunk samurai image from the "Rule" PV.I didn't have any particular feeling about the interlude itself but it's name is clever(to me at least).The loading of a new game;which happens to be a high energy,guitar driven Action RPG of a samurai's journey,SHUGYO(see Musha shugyo so you can see what I'm getting at).

Then,onto another track I can't quite say much about,identity.I can't really say the arrangement was very interesting;but no matter :D the lyrics are what you need to heed here.They can be interpreted as the questioning of a warrior's/Ayumi's skill on her pilgrimage.She goes on to say her past feats are her "I.D.".

Now on to "Rule",I still don't like this song very much and I'm even at more of a lost on how to explain it.The PV is the only way I feel it can deliver it's theme well enough.Don't mean to cop out but this is the one song on the album I wasn't drawn to at all.

11.LOVE n' HATE
12.Pieces of SEVEN

Plain and Simple.The boss fight music.Kind of a fusion of the albums overall stylings.

13.Days
14.Curtain Call

Ending themes.
(I'm tired of typing T-T)

But take this all into consideration on the next listen.
Posted on: 2010/4/12 19:33
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Rock
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

STrying wrote:

"RocknRoll Circus is WAAAAAYYYY better than Next Level.Next Level was a typical production of pop crap that was missing the element of Ayumi that is in her other albums."

WHAT.

!!!

*dies of cardiac arrest*

I haven't really listened to Ayu's newest album in one go, just bits and pieces. Honestly, I think the non-singles weren't that great. The album kinda sucks.
Posted on: 2010/4/12 19:49
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Rock
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

STrying wrote:

WHAT.

!!!

*dies of cardiac arrest*

I haven't really listened to Ayu's newest album in one go, just bits and pieces. Honestly, I think the non-singles weren't that great. The album kinda sucks.

glad someone else thinks so
Posted on: 2010/4/13 4:20
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>