Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
The album sucks.
Posted on: 2010/4/13 13:01
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - RocknRoll Circus (New Album) [4/14/10]
guest_Unregistered

Sheesh! You guys aren't taking the album too lightly!

I think the album (after listening to the snippets) isn't too, too bad, but there's two drawbacks:

The first singles - "Sunrise/Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~" - shouldn't been on the album since it doesn't flow. It should've been on "NEXT LEVEL"; so is the third interlude, "Jump!"

If I was in charge, the singles should've been like this:

1. Mircophone (with a tie-in)

2. Don't Look Back / Sexy Little Things

3. You Were.... / BALLAD

And no "Lady Dynamite"; that's the only song I dislike.
Posted on: 2010/4/13 15:06
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Ayumi Hamasaki - Rock
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Ultra_Red wrote:
The album sucks.

^^^

There is no saving it,Ruthy.
Posted on: 2010/4/13 16:33
  •  loli-drop
      loli-drop
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/F/London
Quote:

tempest_phoenix wrote:
I've listened to the whole album a few times through now and i have to say that i think it's very good. It's been put together very well, the songs fit in the order they have placed perfectly. Still Sunrise is not a great song, probably the worst on the record in my opinion, and it manages to taint the album a little bit. Otherwise it really is very good. Personally i've always been a fan of the instrumental bridges in Ayus albums, and i love them in this one. Better than Next Level i think, but not the best album out there. I was really worried before i listened to it, but i've been proven wrong, well done Ayu!

Im with tempest_phoenix on this one, i really really like the album- which i was surprised about, because theres normally only a couple of tracks that i like on any of ayu's albums. though i would agree that sunrise was unecessary if you were going to put sunset in anyway. i also really hated next level, it was soo samey and short, most of the songs were intro tracks. this album has so much variety and the lyrics are soo pretty, which was my other problem with next level.
Ayu you did good! i think you can tell how much effort got put into it by everyone involved.
Posted on: 2010/4/13 17:08
  •  1Brando
      1Brando
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/Male/La Puente, CA
Idk why everyone is being so harsh to this album.

It may not be the best, but its not the worst like everyone is claiming.

I like it. It's good. :D
Posted on: 2010/4/13 17:32
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I rather listen to A Song for XX on repeat for hours than this.

D=

Why is everyone so harsh on NEXT LEVEL?
Posted on: 2010/4/13 18:08
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
I rather listen to A Song for XX on repeat for hours than this.

D=

Why is everyone so harsh on NEXT LEVEL?

I can't imagine how anyone could enjoy anything more than the album version of "RED LINE" to be honest,not including any of the singles.The "~LOVE is ALL~"s did tarnish the album some;but still not as much as EVERY NEW SONG did.
Posted on: 2010/4/13 18:17
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Well everyone has their own opinions. Ayu's recent albums have been mixed in reaction. Some people liked Next Level, like you, LoBFCanti. Others, like me and some of my friends, didn't like the album much at all. I prefer Rock n' Roll Circus. Yeah Sunset and Sunrise were the low points, but I thought the other tracks were decent. It's not a perfect album, but it's good for the most part and I felt there were something more AYU about this album than Next Level. But that's just me. It definitely has its flaws though.

I just wish Ayu would make albums like Duty, Missunderstood, or I am.. again. I love DUTY! It's all my time favorite!
Posted on: 2010/4/13 20:08
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

paradiseisland wrote:
Well everyone has their own opinions. Ayu's recent albums have been mixed in reaction. Some people liked Next Level, like you, LoBFCanti. Others, like me and some of my friends, didn't like the album much at all. I prefer Rock n' Roll Circus. Yeah Sunset and Sunrise were the low points, but I thought the other tracks were decent. It's not a perfect album, but it's good for the most part and I felt there were something more AYU about this album than Next Level. But that's just me. It definitely has its flaws though.

I just wish Ayu would make albums like Duty, Missunderstood, or I am.. again. I love DUTY! It's all my time favorite!

*squints eyes*I know I've said those words somewhere on this site before...

I didn't mention "I am.." but I do recall saying I love "Connected"....I'm watching you

And like I said,this is just gonna be Ayu's TiTO,I suppose I NEXT LEVEL in that light would be Exodus.

Her most experimental of latter works and the cop out that followed :/ maybe I'm being too harsh with that remark but yeah,I don't see myself ever liking this album.
Posted on: 2010/4/13 20:28
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
My favorite song by Ayumi is "Heaven". I was wondering if anyone knows any other songs by her that are like this?
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/4/13 20:35
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>