1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Utada was a success...?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
In my eye's, This Is The One was successful. I was wondering how other people feel about TITO. Do you think it was a success?
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/3/11 18:43
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Utada was a success...?
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
In my eye's, This Is The One was successful. I was wondering how other people feel about TITO. Do you think it was a success?

I deem Billboard top 50 a success.Can you show me a chart with TiTO within these rankings?

If you mean a success in the form of a functional album,then yes.It had a concrete theme in my opinion that was delivered in a very uniform fashion.

Now if you mean a success in the light of her climbing to a new height of creativity,I'd say no for the obvious reasons.
Posted on: 2010/3/11 20:33
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
It really depends on how you define "success".
Posted on: 2010/3/12 0:07
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Hikki was a success to me
Posted on: 2010/3/13 0:53
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Yes, what's your definition of success? As much as I love her and as much as I enjoy Tito, I wouldn't consider it as a success. Initially, it gave off the feeling that it'd be a huge success, with the hectic schedule she had, you know the interviews and all. Then she just disappeared. I know this her disappearance has been brought up many times but it's factual, lol. When she did the interviews, Come Back to Me was quite a hit but after that everything just went back to normal. However, I'd say the tour for Tito or rather In the Flesh was really a success. I don't think she gained many new fans through Tito. Thoughts?
Posted on: 2010/3/13 8:42
  •  Chace
      Chace
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
In Japan,she was already a success when she released her first japanese album.But Tito wasnt good enough for me,i think japanese songs were more suit for her.
Posted on: 2010/3/13 21:01
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
TITO was a success in my eyes its my favorite album of hers. I've played it and enjoyed it the most.
Posted on: 2010/3/14 6:46
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:
TITO was a success in my eyes its my favorite album of hers. I've played it and enjoyed it the most.

:O I'm shocked at you.
Posted on: 2010/3/14 11:19
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
TITO wasn't really good that good, Exodus wasn't either.

English Albums

Cubic U > Exodus > This is the One

Exodus had a few good songs, even though a lot of them weren't that great. TITO is sorta boring TBH, and it was the worst album due to the weird personality. TITO really depends on the mood you are in in order to enjoy it or not. Same with Exodus, but TITO is more in that situation. TITO did have a little bit of greatness, but wasn't really as great as all those other albums. Cubic U had the spirit in it, as it was her first album. The Utada Trilogy was the best.

First Love
Distance
Deep River

Than the later albums weren't that great compared to those 2. Ultra Blue and Heart Station were both pretty good, but nowhere as good as those 3.
Posted on: 2010/3/14 11:57
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
TITO wasn't really good that good, Exodus wasn't either.

English Albums

Cubic U > Exodus > This is the One

Exodus had a few good songs, even though a lot of them weren't that great. TITO is sorta boring TBH, and it was the worst album due to the weird personality. TITO really depends on the mood you are in in order to enjoy it or not. Same with Exodus, but TITO is more in that situation. TITO did have a little bit of greatness, but wasn't really as great as all those other albums. Cubic U had the spirit in it, as it was her first album. The Utada Trilogy was the best.

First Love
Distance
Deep River

Than the later albums weren't that great compared to those 2. Ultra Blue and Heart Station were noth pretty good, but nowhere as good as those 3.

A good portion of us consider Ultra Blue to be the height of her career.Myself included.I wouldn't say Precious was her best Us album even though I felt it was very complete.It did eveything it wanted and well;but Exodus was amazing for me.It didn't have the consistency in sound but It felt like a lost works collection of sorts.I really enjoyed it.
Posted on: 2010/3/14 12:19
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>