Utada was a success...?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Utada was a success...?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Do like quite a bit of the songs on Ultra Blue. Heart Station is where she cut her hair too short. TITO was where she had her hair pretty short. I'm glad she's growing it back now.

Colors and Dareka no Negai ga Kanaukoro were both pretty old songs before Ultra Blue. But yeah, I guess you could say Ultra Blue is the height of her career because that would have been the 1st Japanese album in a while with so many Japanese songs. It would be 4 years since the last album during that time period.
Posted on: 2010/3/14 13:41
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
Do like quite a bit of the songs on Ultra Blue. Heart Station is where she cut her hair too short. TITO was where she had her hair pretty short. I'm glad she's growing it back now.

Colors and Dareka no Negai ga Kanaukoro were both pretty old songs before Ultra Blue. But yeah, I guess you could say Ultra Blue is the height of her career because that would have been the 1st Japanese album in a while with so many Japanese songs. It would be 4 years since the last album during that time period.

I honestly felt Ultra blue was her...how should I say this..Well Taiyou,Akikokokokoko(:D) and Steven might get this...I feel that it was her "Karuki Zamen Kuri no Hana".

I'd pair off the songs such as followed:

This is Love
Passion

Blue
Colors

Dareka no negai ga kanau koro
Be My Last

Keep Tryin'
Making Love

Wings
Nichiyo no asa

"One night magic" being the token uplifting song on the album,I feel like that of "Yattsuke Shigoto"(>.>) and Kairo was the "Soretsu".

I have no idea where to place "Eclipse" honestly.
Posted on: 2010/3/14 14:52
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
About Me and Be My Last are so similar. They both use the same singing style, and the same instruments.

The good songs on Exodus were

Animato
Devil Inside
Exodus '04
Hotel Lobby
Kremlin Dusk

Pretty much it. Easy Breezy was just too weird.

TITO was just too weird IMO, especially the song Poppin. I mean, if that was the 1st song by Utada someone has heard, than they would believe that she is like the Japanese Britney Spears. A lot of songs like Come Back to Me, and On and On would make people think that. So, if you want to introduce someone to Utada, don't do it by the TITO album, do it with the Japanese songs, or even the Kingdom Hearts songs.

The American Media does disrespect her by saying she is like Britney Spears. CNN, CBS, and recently MTV (they suck anyways) just said she is like Britney Spears, which she is nothing like her (those songs would just be a first impression to make people believe the media). Britney Spears is a fake plastic surgeon who looks crappy. Utada at least looks great for her age and doesn't have any half-naked images or videos of her around the web.

http://www.asiafinest.com/japanese/utada.htm
All Starts Here, which is weird because this is before she had any English Albums sold to the public.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fckMNcC8HdY
Utada debuts in the US for the 1st time, and this is a CNN interview which was before Spears had so many more issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKTUeNieYT8
Next, CBS does this, this is after the issues were known.

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2010/01/19/utada-birthday/
Now MTV does it, they suck anyways.

Only thing I would have to agree with if they compare her to spears is................

LEAVE UTADA ALONE! SHE'S A HUMAN! I could actually start a rant on that lol.
Posted on: 2010/3/14 15:44
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:

I honestly felt Ultra blue was her...how should I say this..Well Taiyou,Akikokokokoko(:D) and Steven might get this...I feel that it was her "Karuki Zamen Kuri no Hana".

I'd pair off the songs such as followed:

This is Love
Passion

Blue
Colors

Dareka no negai ga kanau koro
Be My Last

Keep Tryin'
Making Love

Wings
Nichiyo no asa

"One night magic" being the token uplifting song on the album,I feel like that of "Yattsuke Shigoto"(>.>) and Kairo was the "Soretsu".

I have no idea where to place "Eclipse" honestly.

lol I like how I'm Akikokokokoko...

Yeah I get what you mean about Ultra Blue as Karuki Zamen Kuri no Hana.

I agree, Ultra Blue was the peak. Heart Station, you can tell a great change in her voice. It was a good album though. For me, a few songs took a while to like, it had a different feel to it. I don't understand why a lot of people don't like Exodus. It is my favorite out of her English albums. It has a lot of emotion and a dark side. It doesn't sound complete, like something's missing... but it was amazing. TITO, I think she tried too hard to make it a mainstream album. Which I don't blame her for. It was a different experience for her and I know she enjoyed it, being able to use words and phrases she wouldn't be able to use in Japanese songs. I still have fun with the songs on TITO. And they sounded much better live.

And by the American media comparing her to Spears, I think itsmore of their popularity... not their music or singing style or whatever. A lot of people take it the wrong way.
Posted on: 2010/3/14 21:00
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:
TITO was a success in my eyes its my favorite album of hers. I've played it and enjoyed it the most.

:O I'm shocked at you.

Why?
Posted on: 2010/3/14 21:01
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
I simply cannot comprehend what is there to "love" about This is The One.

I still only like MCML-FYI,Taking my money back and Dirty Desire.And I guess you can add "On and On" to that list.Everything else on the album just was eh for me.But I must say that a lot of the songs were amazing live.Not apple and cinnamon though...I will never be about to like that song.It reminds me of an old CASE Carl Thomas song.I'll even find the song for you all to hear.

emotional by Carl Thomas

this song is almost 12 years old and I think it out does A&C by far.I know that Utada can do so much better than that.

edit:

Look what else I found?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwkuS9FlB7M&feature=related
Posted on: 2010/3/14 21:12
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
I guess it all just comes down to a matter of preference.
Posted on: 2010/3/14 21:35
  •  goku1337
      goku1337
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19 male NLR AR
Ultra Blue was the best because colors an keeptryin an she had here long hair an both videos
Posted on: 2010/3/15 8:09
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

And by the American media comparing her to Spears, I think itsmore of their popularity... not their music or singing style or whatever. A lot of people take it the wrong way.

Well, that's like saying me being compared to some random kid, but we don't have that much in common. We would be just as popular as one another in a specific area.

If you look at her face during the CNN interview, she doesn't seem too happy being compared to Britney Spears. She just felt shy, that's all. Besides, the interviewer got her facts wrong, about her selling that many albums. Maybe compare Ayumi Hamasaki to Spears, just because she did plastic surgery, but she isn't a prostitute or drinks either.
Posted on: 2010/3/15 9:56
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22/M/Earth
utada IS" and forever will be successful or should a say a success to ma no matter what has been is going to be said .. i love her music and shes amazing at what she does + no one does it like tuada ^__^ ( tho i dont like some stuff ) but we cant be judged by our flaws right?

nothing further xD

I LOVE YOU UTADA !!! <3 <3 <3
Posted on: 2010/3/15 10:56
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>