Utada was a success...?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Utada was a success...?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
About the Plastic Surgery, I was talking about Ayumi, not Utada. That's why Ayumi is deaf in one ear. Utada does no plastic surgery whatsoever.

I'm surprised at how I'm being misunderstood.
Posted on: 2010/3/15 21:46
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
About the Plastic Surgery, I was talking about Ayumi, not Utada. That's why Ayumi is deaf in one ear. Utada does no plastic surgery whatsoever.

I'm surprised at how I'm being misunderstood.

I understood exactly what you mean...

Ayumi is deaf in one ear because of what is believed to be M?ni?re's disease

I'd like to see your source for your plastic surgery detail.
It's not the first time I've heard it...or absolutely didn't believe it.If you really think about it...how does it make sense?
Posted on: 2010/3/15 23:32
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Basic cosmetic surgery in Japan does not hold the same stigma as in the US or UK, basic cosmetic procedures to ?firm up? are considered no big deal, many Japanese stars and celebrities have undergone various cosmetic procedures?

Whether these stars have undergone any cosmetic procedures at all, you will have to make up your own minds??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsM_z6v3hU8

Utada has achieved everything a musician and songwriter could wish for, it would be ill judged and out of context to base success on the commercial elements of TiTo or Exodus alone, for any musician to be held in such respect that Utada has from fellow international musicians and artists is indeed acknowledgement enough ?
Posted on: 2010/3/16 7:52
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/F/UK
Utada is always a success in my eyes.
Posted on: 2010/3/16 11:22
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Okay this is slightly off topic but I just want to confirm, Utada hasn't done any plastic surgery to alter her looks before right? I'm totally curious, I'm pretty sure she hasn't, she looks the same like she did when she released 16 except that she looks more matured and beautiful now. And she doesn't have perfectly aligned teeth, LOL, correct me I'm wrong!
Posted on: 2010/3/17 8:47
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Posted on: 2010/3/17 9:48
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
One thought I had was an Utada Hikaru movie. A fanmade movie, about the life of Utada. They should get someone to play the younger Utada, the teenage Utada, and the current Utada. It also would include fans, and their inspirations from her.
Posted on: 2010/3/17 14:43
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
It's hard to explain what I mean by success. But, here are my reason's for This Is The One being a success:

1.It spawned a concert (sold out one)
2.Tv interviews and performances
3.Radio interviews
4.Live appearances
5.and it reached 69 on the Billboard charts

I understand that 69 isn't all that good but think about the five points I made, did Exodus have any of them? No. WIth the exception of a mini concert in New York. Did Precious have any of them? No. It never saw the light of day in America. So, compared to her other english works, yes, it was a success. And before anyone goes off about how Precious was number 1 in Japan and the highest selling english CD in Japan, think about it, in Japan, record sells aren't like they are in America. Basically, all you have to do is sell 16,000 copies of a single/cd and you're number one.

Lastly, someone said they don't think she gained any new fans. Um, hello, This is the One was 69 on the Billboard, Exodus wasn't. Doesn't that mean Exodus more people bought TitO than Exodus. To me, that seems like more fans.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/3/18 19:30
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
It's hard to explain what I mean by success. But, here are my reason's for This Is The One being a success:

1.It spawned a concert (sold out one)
2.Tv interviews and performances
3.Radio interviews
4.Live appearances
5.and it reached 69 on the Billboard charts

I understand that 69 isn't all that good but think about the five points I made, did Exodus have any of them? No. WIth the exception of a mini concert in New York. Did Precious have any of them? No. It never saw the light of day in America. So, compared to her other english works, yes, it was a success. And before anyone goes off about how Precious was number 1 in Japan and the highest selling english CD in Japan, think about it, in Japan, record sells aren't like they are in America. Basically, all you have to do is sell 16,000 copies of a single/cd and you're number one.

Lastly, someone said they don't think she gained any new fans. Um, hello, This is the One was 69 on the Billboard, Exodus wasn't. Doesn't that mean Exodus more people bought TitO than Exodus. To me, that seems like more fans.

Exodus had radio interviews,2 tv appearances and a tv spot(promo clip on Mtv2).

"And before anyone goes off about how Precious was number 1 in Japan and the highest selling english CD in Japan, think about it, in Japan, record sells aren't like they are in America. Basically, all you have to do is sell 16,000 copies of a single/cd and you're number one."

That's not true.We'll even use this last week's charting as an example.

http://wiki.jpopstop.com/wiki/Oricon_Weekly_for_2010_week_11

And if I recall,those are only counting physical sales.

Our charts are not designed much different.But we both have too big a singles market here...or one at all.

Platinum in the us is the same anywhere else in the world.As is gold.

16,000 copies isn't even bronze(not that such a charting exist <.<).

I've never seen anything even in top 5 that isn't at least 30k sold.
Posted on: 2010/3/18 20:27
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234