I love it! what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ95z6ywcBY
Posted on: 2010/3/11 22:02
  •  autumnmycat
      autumnmycat
Re: Lady GaGa Telephone music video
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 21/F/OH
Being the ultra nerd that I am, I stayed up last night and watched it. And then I watched it again...

I know I absolutely love it, but I do have some qualms with it. Like the product placement. I don't know, I need to watch it again now that I've had some sleep. I'll probably leave a better review of it later.

All I can say is Gaga's done it again. ^_^
Posted on: 2010/3/12 3:19
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I'm a huge fan of Lady Gaga, but this isn't a good video; I can't just be one of those fans that likes everything she does automatically.

It bothered me that they split up the song into chunks over the course of ten minutes (ironically, if you just watch the parts where the music is playing, it's a pretty good video).

It was too kitchy for my tastes.

The blatant product placement got really old, really fast (a polaroid camera? really?).

The dancing wasn't nearly as awesome as it usually is in her videos.

There were a lot of great costumes, but they were costumes for costumes sake; she would just be standing there wearing it for a few seconds before moving onto the next one.

The cinematography wasn't particularly good, either; lots of strange video effects.

But the worst part, of course, was when "To be continued..." came up, indicating that there will be another video like it in the future. No thanks!

Nothing about this video was as good as it was in Bad Romance - now THAT was a perfect music video.

I did like the Thelma and Louise vibe, though.
Posted on: 2010/3/12 9:11
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
@Alex082

not really a fan of Lady Gaga

hey love it love the cinematography

"Kill Bill" style and also haven't you notice the
"PUSSY WAGON" so kill bill....

but you are right about the "split up the song"
it bothers me alot

and yeah there goes out that rumor
that Lad Gaga has a D*CK...
Posted on: 2010/3/12 10:36
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:
I'm a huge fan of Lady Gaga, but this isn't a good video; I can't just be one of those fans that likes everything she does automatically.

It bothered me that they split up the song into chunks over the course of ten minutes (ironically, if you just watch the parts where the music is playing, it's a pretty good video).

It was too kitchy for my tastes.

The blatant product placement got really old, really fast (a Polaroid camera? really?).

The dancing wasn't nearly as awesome as it usually is in her videos.

There were a lot of great costumes, but they were costumes for costumes sake; she would just be standing there wearing it for a few seconds before moving onto the next one.

The cinematography wasn't particularly good, either; lots of strange video effects.

But the worst part, of course, was when "To be continued..." came up, indicating that there will be another video like it in the future. No thanks!

Nothing about this video was as good as it was in Bad Romance - now THAT was a perfect music video.

I did like the Thelma and Louise vibe, though.

I agree. I thought the cut off the song way too long. And the product placement was a little to much also but the Polaroid camera was because she designed a camera for Polaroid so I get that. but the dating site was like why? lol and I don't think the to be continued part wouldn't be like Telephone video because this video is like a part 2 to the Paparazzi video and the videos for Telephone and Paparazzi is so different. but all and all i love the video its style the dialog in it is so quinten tarantino thats what i love bout it
Posted on: 2010/3/12 15:36
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
I liked the song, Beyonce being in it made it better, it was alright but it was a bit... much. The crap in the beginning was a little disturbing. And the fact that the video really had nothing to do with the song kinda bothered me. xD Haha... The video was extreme and should have a X rating haha but it was kinda cool and funny.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2010/3/12 16:00
  •  hikaruomega
      hikaruomega
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/Still Here
I found it kinda... random
I mean, "once you kill a cow you gotta make a burger"?
I know it means don't stop what you're doing, but there's gotta be a better way to express that.

I love the part where she kills everyone in the diner, though.
Posted on: 2010/3/13 18:53
  •  Salomonis
      Salomonis
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 2777/M/Tennessee
I don't get her videos in general so I could be off base. I like her music, but I was also annoyed that they segmented it. This video doesn't match the song well too. Who the heck is on the phone if she is on a killing spree in the "Pussy Wagon" Bill??

I'm a huge Kill Bill fan, but putting this homage in this video hurts it. Would this video be something David Carradine would want to be identified with? It's distasteful to me.
Posted on: 2010/3/13 19:46
  •  hikaruomega
      hikaruomega
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/Still Here
the part i wonder most about was the "let's make a sandwich" part in the middle...

what was THAT even about?
Posted on: 2010/3/13 22:12
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
Quote:

hikaruomega wrote:
the part i wonder most about was the "let's make a sandwich" part in the middle...

what was THAT even about?

I thought that part was funny. I'm guessing she was poisoning everyone in the dinner?
Posted on: 2010/3/13 23:54
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>