About You
  Dark Armed Dragon here

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Dark Armed Dragon here
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
As some of you probably know already, I'm a guy who loves Yu-Gi-Oh! I would pick DAD as my avatar, but this forum has a limited amonut of avatars dealing with utada only >_>. Anyways, I came here because utada is one of my favorite Japanese singers (and favorite female musician). The kingdom hearts: chain of memories commercial a few years ago is what made me find out about Utada, by hearing that Simple and Clean song playing over and over. I then annoyed people at school about that song, and drove everyone crazy. A guy even wrote the lyrics for me to that song, and I wanted to know the name of that song. Later on, my best friend gave me a CD of the hikari single, and not only it came with the Simple and Clean song, but the Japanese version, and 2 other remixes. I listened to it until I got bored of it, and I stopped thonking about her for some time. This kingdom hearts thing happen in 2004/2005 when I was in 5th grade. In 2008, some guy talked to me on MSN, and I wanted to find some Japanese musicians, and he talks about Utada Hikaru. I told him the story, and how she was my 2nd (Yu-Gi-Oh! was my 1st) inspiration to Japanese things. I recently got interested in Utada Hikaru's music last year, and listened to just about every song (even cubic u songs). I even have all her albums on my iPod touch because it was on my computer lol.
Posted on: 2010/3/12 21:10
  •  AXMA47
      AXMA47
Re: Dark Armed Dragon here
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/M/HI
Welcome!.. I liked ur story.. It still surprises me how good utada's albums are I mean I like them all...it started from one cd to the next and boom I just had to get them all lol
Posted on: 2010/3/12 23:07
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
But it just surprised me that the song of that commercial was so catchy. It was like the Rickroll for me at that time. In October of last year, I them mention a commercial for the Kingdom Hearts 358/2 game. When I heard the words "Kingdom Hearts", the 2 words that came to my head were "Utada Hikaru". There it was, her singing the song "Sanctuary", and me being "Rickrolled". I was wondering why a Kingdom Hearts commercial was playing, and I realized that my dad flipped the channel to Cartoon Network. I don't think he realizes how Cartoon Network sucks now because of all the bad shows. I wondered why he did that, which I assume that he did because he wanted me (who was 15 at the time, which I'm now 16) to think I'm still a little kid lol, and he wanted to see it with him I guess. I didn't want to have an "epic moment", because my Dad would just get mad at me, because it would be right in front of him. That 2nd KH commercial I watched was nowhere epic as the first, with the guy just talking while Utada is singing. 1st one was which a silent message, than Simple and Clean plays with the animation of the game. After that, the announcer just says "Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories". I can't find that exact commercial, but I can find very similar commercials. Only songs I haven't heard of or listened to was the U*STAR, because I don't think that was ever sold to the public.
Posted on: 2010/3/13 7:44
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Hi, let's shake hands because I listened to Simple & Clean non-stop then stopped listening to it for years. Knew nothing about Utada until I listened to Hikari and her other songs last year.

@AXMA47 : totally, I can understand how one album or just one simple song will lead to all albums.
Posted on: 2010/3/13 9:00
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Lol, you have a similar story to mine. *shakes hand*.
Posted on: 2010/3/13 11:16
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
hey there! welcome :p interesting story, i guess simple and clean has to be one of the most special songs for hikki's foreign fans :p
Oh, you can buy U*Star, I see it on ebay from time to time, but the songs aren't THAT epic lol if you really want to listen to those songs i'd rather buy 9sai no omoide which features both songs written by Hikki (or should I say H*ikaso U? haha xD) when she was 10 years old :p her voice used to be so cute awww
anyway, hope you enjoy the forum as much as we all do
Posted on: 2010/3/13 11:37
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I see it on eBay, but I don't see it on YouTube.
Posted on: 2010/3/13 11:49
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
here's Thank You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6seuzh8d4g8

and i'll try to upload kodomotachi no uta ga kikoeru~
Posted on: 2010/3/13 12:01
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Lol, that was before I was even born. When I was born, Utada Hikaru was only 11 years, and 2 weeks old. The day that I was an age Utada was when I was alive was February 16, 2005. That was when I was 11 years, and 2 weeks old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk2QEfoWM90

This is so emotional, IDK why lol.

I'm at least older than when she released the album "First Love" lol. I'm so good with dates, IDK why.

That song seems similar to the name of this anime

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodocha

Never watched it, but I'm sure Utada knows of it better.
Posted on: 2010/3/13 13:06
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic