Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
I used to be amazing at dueling! I once beat somone in two turns (luck of the draw). I miss the popularity of Yu-Gi-Oh. I don't think it helped that they kept adding on seasons once Yugi wasn't the main prtagonist anymore .
Waking of the Dragons was one of the best seasons.

YGO actually the most celebrated community of trading card games at the moment.Konami is rollin' in yugi-dollas.There partnership with Shuiesha has been a wonderful free advertisement campaign for the game;The Shonen Jump regionals never fail to drawn in thousands of duelist.

Yeah, okay, but it's popularity ISN'T the same from what it was.The people that originally started out watching and playing don't anymore. And it's the only trading card game that acutually makes sense or have structure. As I see, most of you in this thread are talking about the video games. It is easy to pick those up and battle a random cpu, bravo. But I'm talking about the actual cards. I'd say at least, one in ten people might still play it...or might still have them. Face it, it's not the same anymore. It lost it's bam.

http://www.konami.jp/topics/2009/0807/index-e.html

I also happen to still play the card game;been playing since 2003.

^
Posted on: 2010/4/18 16:15
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh!
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
I used to be amazing at dueling! I once beat somone in two turns (luck of the draw). I miss the popularity of Yu-Gi-Oh. I don't think it helped that they kept adding on seasons once Yugi wasn't the main prtagonist anymore .

YGO actually the most celebrated community of trading card games at the moment.Konami is rollin' in yugi-dollas.There partnership with Shuiesha has been a wonderful free advertisement campaign for the game;The Shonen Jump regionals never fail to drawn in thousands of duelist.

Yeah, okay, but it's popularity ISN'T the same from what it was.The people that originally started out watching and playing don't anymore. And it's the only trading card game that acutually makes sense or have structure. As I see, most of you in this thread are talking about the video games. It is easy to pick those up and battle a random cpu, bravo. But I'm talking about the actual cards. I'd say at least, one in ten people might still play it...or might still have them. Face it, it's not the same anymore. It lost it's bam.

^

That's for the cards, not the franchise, buster. I'm talking about the whole. You keep talking about the TCG but it's the whole world of YGO that's gone down.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/4/18 16:35
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:

^

That's for the cards, not the franchise, buster. I'm talking about the whole. You keep talking about the TCG but it's the whole world of YGO that's gone down.

But that's exactly it.You continued the argument in direct response to what I stated in that post!I was talking about the TCG from the very start and made that rather apparent as I only commented on what you said about the trading card game in that post!I even just highlighted what I responded to directly!If you weren't talking about the TCG(which you did,and continued to do) then you should have said so the very next post.(which you did not and continued not to!)
Posted on: 2010/4/18 17:17
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:

^

But that's exactly it.You continued the argument in direct response to what I stated in that post!I was talking about the TCG from the very start and made that rather apparent as I only commented on what you said about the trading card game in that post!I even just highlighted what I responded to directly!If you weren't talking about the TCG(which you did,and continued to do) then you should have said so the very next post.(which you did not and continued not to!)

Doesn't matter according to what I was talking about, I'm right. I never once said the YGO TCG wasn't popular. Everyone knows that it still is. But Yugioh in general has lost it's popularity. Depending on how you see it, you win, how I see it, I win. It's lose lose because I will continue if you do.
Posted on: 2010/4/18 17:26
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:

Yeah, okay, but it's popularity ISN'T the same from what it was. The people that originally started out watching and playing don't anymore. And it's the only trading card game that acutually makes sense or have structure. As I see, most of you in this thread are talking about the video games. It is easy to pick those up and battle a random cpu, bravo. But I'm talking about the actual cards. I'd say at least, one in ten people might still play it...or might still have them. Face it, it's not the same anymore. It lost it's bam.

And you would happen to be that 1 in 10

You can't make such an assumption based only on your community,but I was more so replying towards:

Face it, it's not the same anymore. It lost it's bam.

I'm making my assumption based on America in general. Majority of the people who began playing yugioh have ventured off and dropped it. The point behind all of this is that Yu-Gi-Oh isn't as popular as it was. That's it, nothing else.

^
Posted on: 2010/4/18 17:31
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
If you ever go to SJCs (which I haven't), you will see that there are 1000+ people who go most of the time. Sneak Previews are pretty popular in my area (but they have limited supply >_>). Last sneak preview I've been to was Stardust Overdrive, and it was pretty fun. We were talking about different Japanese things, and I talked about Japanese Music. I mentioned Utada Hikaru, and people started talking about Kingdom Hearts. I asked if anyone knew any more songs by her besides Simple and Clean and Sanctuary, but they didn't. I was the only one who knew more xD.

I do hate how people make fun of Yu-Gi-Oh! for the wrong reasons. The TV show is the best example, and they usually make fun it because of things that 4kids did to it. It shouldn't really be judged by the TV show, since they are both the TCG and the show are different. I could see why people don't like it, or aren't interested, but making fun of it seems weird. It has even gotten weirder ever since YTAS came out, and it was made to show people that Yu-Gi-Oh! isn't as bad of a show as people think it is.

Unfortunately, that happens a lot with Hikki. Whatever happened to people Youtubing?

Well, Utada Hikaru is a little less popular than Yu-Gi-Oh! in the US. They both are my inspirations to Japanese things xD.
Posted on: 2010/4/18 17:44
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:

Yeah, okay, but it's popularity ISN'T the same from what it was. The people that originally started out watching and playing don't anymore. And it's the only trading card game that acutually makes sense or have structure. As I see, most of you in this thread are talking about the video games. It is easy to pick those up and battle a random cpu, bravo. But I'm talking about the actual cards. I'd say at least, one in ten people might still play it...or might still have them. Face it, it's not the same anymore. It lost it's bam.

And you would happen to be that 1 in 10

You can't make such an assumption based only on your community,but I was more so replying towards:

Face it, it's not the same anymore. It lost it's bam.

I'm making my assumption based on America in general. Majority of the people who began playing yugioh have ventured off and dropped it. The point behind all of this is that Yu-Gi-Oh isn't as popular as it was. That's it, nothing else.

^

The point behind all of this is that Yu-Gi-Oh isn't as popular as it was. That's it, nothing else.

This was referring to it as a whole. So wasn't my very first post when I said:

I miss the popularity of Yu-Gi-Oh.
Posted on: 2010/4/18 17:44
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
You have neglected the entirety of the last post of the quote.

You also can't refer to the franchise without referring to the card game.Which were my grounds in the argument;they were very clear from the get go.I never once defended the anime and manga or even mentioned them and then you continue to challenge my input accordingly.You are now not only agreeing with what I said but also contradicting the latter bulk of your posts.But either way this whole argument is deemed pointless.Whether you were in fact arguing another point or being troll.I'm gonna stop arguing/feeding you goats.
Posted on: 2010/4/18 17:59
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
You have neglected the entirety of the last post of the quote.

You also can't refer to the franchise without referring to the card game.Which were my grounds in the argument;they were very clear from the get go.I never once defended the anime and manga or even mentioned them and then you continue to challenge my input accordingly.You are now not only agreeing with what I said but also contradicting the latter bulk of your posts.But either way this whole argument is deemed pointless.Whether you were in fact arguing another point or being troll.I'm gonna stop arguing/feeding you goats.

Thanks, I'll use Joey's Scape Goat card, finally
Posted on: 2010/4/18 18:03
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
New Banned List

Banned:

Rescue Cat
Heavy Storm
Brain Control
Substitoad