Lady GaGa an Ayumi Hamasaki ripoff?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...7>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Lady GaGa an Ayumi Hamasaki ripoff?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
They both kinda look the same in some images, and Lady GaGa used the name "Poker Face" when Ayumi's song was 10 years old at the time. Even though she doesn't have that disease, that Ayumi had where she is deaf in one ear, she still is a model and that stuff.
Not that many people see this, but I do see something between them.
Posted on: 2010/3/16 10:06
Re: Lady GaGa an Ayumi Hamasaki ripoff?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/F/UK
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
They both kinda look the same in some images, and Lady GaGa used the name "Poker Face" when Ayumi's song was 10 years old at the time. Even though she doesn't have that disease, that Ayumi had where she is deaf in one ear, she still is a model and that stuff.
Not that many people see this, but I do see something between them.

Lady Gaga is 100% unique. Just as Ayumi is.
I love both the singers very much, they CANNOT be compared.
Poker face is an old ayumi song, but its completely different to Lady gagas poker face.
Many songs have the exact same name, doesnt mean anythng.

So the answer to "Lady GaGa an Ayumi Hamasaki ripoff?"
is- no.
Posted on: 2010/3/16 11:21
  •  goku1337
      goku1337
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19 male NLR AR
Lady GaGa is cool i guess, an Ayumi Hamasaki is a little better cause shes japanese i guess, But no ive heard poker face by Ayumi an its so different from Lady GaGas, an for this GA GA girl to be an american singer i think it was an ok song still i Guess, Wakarimasu ka do you understand the guess cause there both ok singers I Guess
Posted on: 2010/3/16 13:15
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
Ayumi and Ikimono-gakari both songs called "Blue Bird" but they do not copy each other.

I don't know much about either artists but I do know that Ayumi and Lady Gaga are nothing alike, personality or style.
Posted on: 2010/3/16 14:18
  •  Maxker
      Maxker
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 16 Norway
The Real Poker Face: Ayumi Hamasaki vs Lady Gaga

Two divas match up for Madonna?s crown.

Lady Gaga enters the ring and the crowd goes apeshit. Ayumi Hamasaki jumps in and half the stadium goes wild? well not really half - mostly just the South Asian section. Clearly, Ayu lacks the clout Gaga has. And if it were fan base versus fan base, Ayumi?s army would be mercilessly slaughtered in mere seconds despite its racial predisposition towards mad ninja skills. After all, Gaga currently controls all the well-known charts ? MTV, Billboard, Myx ? and with it millions of Ipod-glued ears.

Luckily for Ayu, this is a woman-to-woman fight. Diva versus diva, and it seems they are evenly matched. Both sport blunt bangs and long thick hair. Both don outfits much too ridiculous for everyday life but very fitting of theirs. And both hope to be Madonna 2.0, now that Britney Spears is clearly out of the running. Both even have singles entitled Poker Face.

Lady Gaga has five hit singles to her name, all of them of an electronic pop persuasion reminiscent of older British pop hits, and Gwen Stefani during her Hollaback Girl phase. Her lyrics mostly dwell on romantic (or actually more carnal) encounters, and is a theme highlighted by her music videos - often showing her in various stages of undress, and compromising positions.

Sound-wise, Ayu is a little more diverse and this could be because she already has 10 studio albums under her belt, whereas Gaga only has 1. Like Gaga, she has also done electronic pop but has since explored other genres such as ballads and pop rock. Her fashion is constantly changing as well, but it is only recently that Ayumi started to bare more skin. What she has always been comfortable baring are her feelings.

Unlike Lady Gaga whose critics often gloss over her lyrics, Ayumi is known for penning words that are personal and touching. Ayumi?s albums play as a sort of musical blog. They may appear shallow and light (as showcased in videos filled with color, explosions, and S&M clad back-up dancers) but her music is almost always burdened with emotion.

She?s got a leg up too on fashion transformations and, again, it may be due to her career starting much earlier than Gaga?s. She has done Earth Mother covered in leaves, she has done S&M in tight black leather, and she has also done a very Gaga-esque red pleather catsuit complete with the slicked-back super straight hair. Gaga?s sensibilities may be wilder but not as diverse. Gaga is mostly known for her tangas while Ayumi cannot be pinned to an outfit.

At the end of this fight, it is clear that Lady Gaga will leave this arena bloody and bruised, for even in the round of aesthetics, Ayu takes the lead. The J-pop star has numerous product endorsements to her name, including a lingerie endorsement for Wacoal. She is revered by many for her looks as well as her talent. Gaga, on the other hand, although attractive herself, is viewed too much as a caricature to be touted a beauty. Even when naked in photo shoots and music videos, rarely is lust inspired among her audience.

With no more ammo in her arsenal, Lady Gaga falls to the floor. Ayumi Hamasaki wins, and is clearly the real Poker Face who deserves Madonna?s crown. Now, if only she could get the crowd to stop fawning over her fallen, more famous foe, and take notice of her victory instead.

By Bia Fernandez for Allmusic-Magazine | Photography by Leslie Kee and ND SHOW
Posted on: 2010/3/16 17:39
  •  autumnmycat
      autumnmycat
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 21/F/OH
Um, definitely not. Their styles are completely different. I never got the Lady Gaga feel from any of Ayu's stuff and vice versa. If we're going on song name logic, that would mean Namie Amuro also is a Gaga rip-off since she has a song called Love Game.

Quote:
Even when naked in photo shoots and music videos, rarely is lust inspired among her audience.

Lie. There's a reason why there is a 53 page thread on GagaDaily.com's boards of people who want to have, um, relations with Gaga if you know what I mean. lol

I feel like that article is a bit biased. I love both Ayu and Gaga, but to compare them in a hypothetical battle is unfair. I feel like they'd shake hands and do a duet instead of beat each other up. X3
Posted on: 2010/3/16 19:24
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

goku1337 wrote:
Lady GaGa is cool i guess, an Ayumi Hamasaki is a little better cause shes japanese i guess

If someone here said Lady Gaga is better because she's white, you all would have a SHIT FIT.
Posted on: 2010/3/16 19:30
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
I don't see why these two have to be compared... completely different from each other. Ayumi has never crossed my mind when I see or hear about Lady Gaga... and vice versa.
Posted on: 2010/3/16 20:15
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
The both had VERY VERY similar Teenage/young adulthoods.I use that angle on their influences all the time,but I don't feel by either mimic each other.
Posted on: 2010/3/16 20:39
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
Quote:

goku1337 wrote:
Lady GaGa is cool i guess, an Ayumi Hamasaki is a little better cause shes japanese i guess

that is the stupidest reason to think somebody is better than someone else.
Posted on: 2010/3/16 22:16
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...7>