<12345...7>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  meekobiscuit
      meekobiscuit
Re: Lady GaGa an Ayumi Hamasaki ripoff?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 35/M/L.A.
Lady Gaga is the most original female artist, visually, since Madonna, circa 1982.

As far as Ayu goes, I like her songs, but I feel like she's just at the mercy of the Avex music machine and that she is marketed however Avex feels like marketing her, because she is such a huge cash cow. Her songs are good, but I am disappointed by many of her music videos because the visuals in Ayu's videos either borrow very heavily from, or are complete rip offs of other well known international artists. Here are some links that demonstrate her pattern of copying other artists.

That's why I like Hikki! She's a true original.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t9neX3ZcaYs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t9neX3ZcaYs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S5Jeq3ySn9Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S5Jeq3ySn9Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Posted on: 2010/3/16 23:53
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

meekobiscuit wrote:
Lady Gaga is the most original female artist, visually, since Madonna, circa 1982.

As far as Ayu goes, I like her songs, but I feel like she's just at the mercy of the Avex music machine and that she is marketed however Avex feels like marketing her, because she is such a huge cash cow. Her songs are good, but I am disappointed by many of her music videos because the visuals in Ayu's videos either borrow very heavily from, or are complete rip offs of other well known international artists. Here are some links that demonstrate her pattern of copying other artists.

That's why I like Hikki! She's a true original.

http://www.youtube.com/v/t9neX3ZcaYs&hl=en_US&fs=1&

That Rule vs. TOXIC picture seemed pretty much like homage,but other than that...they used so irrelevant comparisons.Like Kylie and her's hair and the CAROLS vs that Ad Celine Dion was in.The tour wardrobes don't even hold much relevance unless you can date when they both were used.The idea of homage is commonplace in all of Ayumi PVs however,I don't even think this should be too much a surprise."Mirrorcle World" looked identical to "like a Virgin" very deliberately,but the video still did something of it's own.
Posted on: 2010/3/17 6:18
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
No, no, no!

Please do not compare GaGa to Ayumi; they're both different artists in their own right
Posted on: 2010/3/17 10:59
  •  hikaruomega
      hikaruomega
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/Still Here
^ i agree, just because they use the same title for a song doesn't mean one is copying the other!
i actually prefer gaga over ayumi, but... yeah

(probably because of the extremely strange outfits that she wears)
Posted on: 2010/3/17 16:21
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Well, I'm not really talking about the song too much, just the looks.

With that video, my opinion is starting to change. Ayumi isn't who I thought was at first. I thought Ayumi was just a model and stuff, but she copies other artists. That makes her a complete fake.

Never thought so many GaGa fans were on this forum. I never followed both of them too much, but I only followed them a small bit, and I apparently misjudged them both.

But there is no mention of GaGa there, because she wasn't really popular at that time.
Posted on: 2010/3/17 18:48
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L Not something you need to know
either way, they both suck.

www.youtube.com/fadcAuTra
Posted on: 2010/3/17 18:56
  •  autumnmycat
      autumnmycat
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 21/F/OH
Quote:

DjPho wrote:

Wrong thing to say on this board.
Posted on: 2010/3/17 19:13
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
Well, I'm not really talking about the song too much, just the looks.

With that video, my opinion is starting to change. Ayumi isn't who I thought was at first. I thought Ayumi was just a model and stuff, but she copies other artists. That makes her a complete fake.

Never thought so many GaGa fans were on this forum. I never followed both of them too much, but I only followed them a small bit, and I apparently misjudged them both.

But there is no mention of GaGa there, because she wasn't really popular at that time.

This really is turning out to be no different from the "sampling" thread.Hopelessness is afoot.
Posted on: 2010/3/17 19:14
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

autumnmycat wrote:
Quote:

DjPho wrote:

Wrong thing to say on this board.

I swear he's angry about something this week...

But none the less...I feel that Gaga adapted this style of electro Bjork for no other reason but to show that she can get away with anything.And she is -_- this thread is a reflection of such.Gaga,I will never be a fan of but I felt Stephanie actually was a talented girl.
Posted on: 2010/3/17 19:18
  •  hikaruomega
      hikaruomega
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/Still Here
Stephanie? as in Stefani? Gaga's first name? 'nyway gaga's too much glitz and not too much music nowadays. her performances have kind of downscaled and she wears even more outlandish (now that's the word that i've been looking for) outfits instead of the singing. I hear her live performances of telephone, she just dances to it and just doesn't sing much.
Posted on: 2010/3/17 20:49
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...7>