Poster Thread
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Lady GaGa an Ayumi Hamasaki ripoff?
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

hikaruomega wrote:
Stephanie? as in Stefani? Gaga's first name? 'nyway gaga's too much glitz and not too much music nowadays. her performances have kind of downscaled and she wears even more outlandish (now that's the word that i've been looking for) outfits instead of the singing. I hear her live performances of telephone, she just dances to it and just doesn't sing much.

Yes.I've heard her before works and prefer them.
Posted on: 2010/3/17 21:03
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

hikaruomega wrote:
Stephanie? as in Stefani? Gaga's first name? 'nyway gaga's too much glitz and not too much music nowadays. her performances have kind of downscaled and she wears even more outlandish (now that's the word that i've been looking for) outfits instead of the singing. I hear her live performances of telephone, she just dances to it and just doesn't sing much.

To be honest I think Koda Kumi blows the doors off Lady Gaga when it comes to their concert performances, I've seen both and there is really no competition in my opinion.
Posted on: 2010/3/18 6:40
  •  TurtleFu
      TurtleFu
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
You've got it backwards.
Both Lady GaGa and Ayumi Hamasaki are Madonna ripoffs.
Hell, Koda Kumi is also a Madonna ripoff.

Remember when Ayumi Hamasaki used to write really nice, poignant lyrics in a pop-rock style (aka her first album). Remember when Koda Kumi was something more than a piece of meet? I imagine Lady GaGa actually once had some substance.

Even Telephone is nothing but shallow pop-culture references, sex, and product placement.
Posted on: 2010/3/18 15:02
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

TurtleFu wrote:
You've got it backwards.

Remember when Ayumi Hamasaki used to write really nice, poignant lyrics in a pop-rock style (aka her first album). Remember when Koda Kumi was something more than a piece of meet? I imagine Lady GaGa actually once had some substance.

Even Telephone is nothing but shallow pop-culture references, sex, and product placement.

High five.I agree 120% percent.Especially on the Koda.That woman use to be such an inspiration.She worked so hard for what she has...but that in 2002-2007.She can get a #1 oricon chart with a single like Alive/Physical Thing?No.That's a freebie.
Posted on: 2010/3/18 18:12
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Lady Gaga is no Ayumi Hamasaki rip off. If anything, she's parallel to Koda Kumi. Okay, and all this Madonna stuff, noone is copying her! Lady Gaga, Ayumi Hamasaki, and Koda Kumi are all themselves. Koda Kumi got fame when she did the Final Fantasy themes. That's when her carrer went up. There's probably many reasons why Alive/Physical Thing was number 1. It was used for a movie may be one...? I dunno, I don't like it that much. My point being is that all these artists are different. Instead of bashing these artists (because all of you all's bashing really isn't going to make them go away) why don't you say all the things you like...?
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/3/18 19:09
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Lady Gaga is no Ayumi Hamasaki rip off. If anything, she's parallel to Koda Kumi. Okay, and all this Madonna stuff, noone is copying her! Lady Gaga, Ayumi Hamasaki, and Koda Kumi are all themselves. Koda Kumi got fame when she did the Final Fantasy themes. That's when her carrer went up. There's probably many reasons why Alive/Physical Thing was number 1. It was used for a movie may be one...? I dunno, I don't like it that much. My point being is that all these artists are different. Instead of bashing these artists (because all of you all's bashing really isn't going to make them go away) why don't you say all the things you like...?

Koda got her fame when she released her album Secret.She has previously produced very average sales(for what I feel was actually quite good work),until around 2004-early 2005 and then Secret and BEST~First things~ really boosted her popularity.I was a big fan of Koda myself around that era all along to 2008 even.That's why I'm (censored)ing and moaning.Because all these artists have shown such good potential but only do what can get them a dollar...or 100,000.
Posted on: 2010/3/18 20:06
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L Not something you need to know
Quote:

autumnmycat wrote:
Quote:

DjPho wrote:
either way, they both suck.

Wrong thing to say on this board.

nahhh. they both suck.

www.youtube.com/fadcAuTra
Posted on: 2010/3/18 21:59
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

TurtleFu wrote:
You've got it backwards.

Exactly. Besides, how can you compare Ayu's "Poker Face" to Gaga's "Poker Face" aside from the name? They're are nearly or about ten years apart.

I don't know about you guys, but I prefer to jam to Ayu than Gaga.
Posted on: 2010/3/19 22:49
  •  aarenlainey
      aarenlainey
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I think With that video, my opinion is starting to change. Ayumi isn't who I thought was at first. I thought Ayumi was just a model and stuff, but she copies other artists. That makes her a complete fake. Never thought so many GaGa fans were on this forum. I never followed both of them too much, but I only followed them a small bit, and I apparently misjudged them both.
Posted on: 2010/3/30 21:33
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

aarenlainey wrote:
I think With that video, my opinion is starting to change. Ayumi isn't who I thought was at first. I thought Ayumi was just a model and stuff, but she copies other artists. That makes her a complete fake. Never thought so many GaGa fans were on this forum. I never followed both of them too much, but I only followed them a small bit, and I apparently misjudged them both.

I think what are forgetting that all of these artists are far as image,are managed.
Posted on: 2010/3/30 23:02
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>