•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  hikaruomega
      hikaruomega
Re: Lady GaGa an Ayumi Hamasaki ripoff?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/Still Here
^ u guys are just being silly...
theres no way gaga could be a man because, well, she doesn't look like a man to me (maybe a little deranged but...)
plus that scene in telephone totally makes fun of people that think shes a man.
Posted on: 2010/4/1 18:13
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

hikaruomega wrote:
theres no way gaga could be a man because, well, she doesn't look like a man to me (maybe a little deranged but...)

She said herself that she was a hermaphrodite.It's not even up for argument anymore!
Posted on: 2010/4/1 18:24
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Hi newt456 no mocking I promise?Lady Gaga is mega fun, what intrigues amongst the media frenzy surrounding Lady Gaga, I posted a few random examples, honestly don?t presume that any of these ?stories? have any weight in fact, is will Lady Gaga ever bump into Stefani Germanotta again?......

One phenomenon and a sigh of relief in many circles of the music industry is Lady Gaga has persuaded her market to actually put their hands in their pocket and buy instead of share and purchase ?which can invariably depend on bank balance or access to a card?

The thought of Lady GaGa an Ayumi Hamasaki rip-off? ?.personally that sounds a little bizarre ,both provoke a wealth of opposite reactions and feelings, Lady GaGa a evocative form of mobile artistic wickedness, and Ayumi a skilled chameleon when it come to artistic reinvention??and never the twain shall meet ?
Posted on: 2010/4/2 0:40
  •  newt456
      newt456
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Yea, i agree. The only thing that is even remotely similar about them is the fact that they both have a song called Poker Face, but they don't sound anything alike . I guess we can agree that she is not a rip-off of Ayumi.
Posted on: 2010/4/2 13:36
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
The both had VERY VERY similar Teenage/young adulthoods.I use that angle on their influences all the time,but I don't feel by either mimic each other.

Whoa, whoa, can you please give me your source for Ayumi's background? So does that mean she was addicted to coke and wrote music while doing it? Was Ayumi a berlesque dancer too? Where do you get that their teenage/young adulthoods were similar? Please inform me about this.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/4/3 13:06
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

hikaruomega wrote:

She said herself that she was a hermaphrodite.It's not even up for argument anymore!

This is rediculous to the max. She's not a hermaphrodite.
Posted on: 2010/4/3 13:08
  •  TurtleFu
      TurtleFu
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Daddy Issues. Poverty.
Etc. etc.
Lady GaGa and Ayumi both are manufactured products and divas. The only thing that Lady GaGa can do that others can't is make people talk about her, because the more they talk, the most famous she is. So she purposely provokes just to get a reaction. She is succesful only in the way that she tricks people into believing she is artistic and sincere, and seem to ignore all the evidence that she is, in fact, manufactured.
If Lady GaGa is artistic, she is only artistic in the most shallow, unintelligent, manufactured, mainstream fashion.
For example, the whole media frenzy. The "hermaphrodite" thing, controversial videos, constant sexualizing. Oh shit, it's MADONNA. Remember her metal book about sex?
So the best bet is, in fact, NOT to talk about Lady GaGa. IRL, if anyone brings up Lady GaGa I immediately disengage from the conversation.
Her albums seem to mock fame, but she seems more fame-hungry than most pop stars.

GaGa wrote a song for Heidi Montag, that got horrible reviews (before GaGa was famous). Then, when GaGa recorded her own version of the EXACT SAME SONG, online reviews LOVED it. Holy shit, GaGa, you sure cast a spell.

tl;dr Lady GaGa is not an artist or artistic. She is a manufactured diva pop star, JUST LIKE Ayumi Hamasaki.
Posted on: 2010/4/3 16:26
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

TurtleFu wrote:
Daddy Issues. Poverty.
Etc. etc.
Lady GaGa and Ayumi both are manufactured products and divas. The only thing that Lady GaGa can do that others can't is make people talk about her, because the more they talk, the most famous she is. So she purposely provokes just to get a reaction. She is succesful only in the way that she tricks people into believing she is artistic and sincere, and seem to ignore all the evidence that she is, in fact, manufactured.
If Lady GaGa is artistic, she is only artistic in the most shallow, unintelligent, manufactured, mainstream fashion.
For example, the whole media frenzy. The "hermaphrodite" thing, controversial videos, constant sexualizing. Oh shit, it's MADONNA. Remember her metal book about sex?
So the best bet is, in fact, NOT to talk about Lady GaGa. IRL, if anyone brings up Lady GaGa I immediately disengage from the conversation.
Her albums seem to mock fame, but she seems more fame-hungry than most pop stars.

GaGa wrote a song for Heidi Montag, that got horrible reviews (before GaGa was famous). Then, when GaGa recorded her own version of the EXACT SAME SONG, online reviews LOVED it. Holy shit, GaGa, you sure cast a spell.

tl;dr Lady GaGa is not an artist or artistic. She is a manufactured diva pop star, JUST LIKE Ayumi Hamasaki.

Hopefully when you say daddy issues and poverty you're not talking about Lady gaga. Lady Gaga grew up wealthy. The only issues she had with her dad were berlesque and drugs. Lastly, that song you're mentioning, "Fashion", when Gaga sung it you could tell it was a lot better. There's a difference when someone who can't sing (heidi) and when someone who can sing (gaga) sing the same song. That's what makes it better, the voice, not the music or words. Also, about being fame hungry, gaga must be doing something right because she has YOU talking about her...
Posted on: 2010/4/3 18:22
  •  razzle
      razzle
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
With most jpop all you have to do is look all kawaii in front of the camera to sell a record. Most of these people who claim to love jpop can't overstand Japanese fluently. American music can be pretty bad too but the oldies are good. Just because a singer has the same music title doesn't mean that they copied. It is all about the lyrics and instrumental that should cause suspicion. Lady Gaga is not a singer at all but a marketeer. As for Hamasaki Ayumi, her 1st 2 albums were phenomenal to me, afterwards I began to feel selective. The way she carried herself made her seem like a gentle young woman then too. I didn't see gimmicks in her music videos like i do now. Something changed her, probably money. Also, Hamasaki Ayumi is a Madonna imitator she recycles her trends, ever seen the copycat ayu forums and videos? Many Japanese musicians steal ideas from America and recycle it. Back when I was a jpop junkie in 2006-2007 I was too blind to see it. Artist like Namie Amuro plagiarized till its not funny. People who are into all that fashion utilizes external things to create an identity for themselves. Do you remember any of the music released last year?...i guess u don't.
Posted on: 2010/4/3 20:32
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

TurtleFu wrote:
Daddy Issues. Poverty.
Etc. etc.

Hopefully when you say daddy issues and poverty you're not talking about Lady gaga. Lady Gaga grew up wealthy. The only issues she had with her dad were berlesque and drugs. Lastly, that song you're mentioning, "Fashion", when Gaga sung it you could tell it was a lot better. There's a difference when someone who can't sing (heidi) and when someone who can sing (gaga) sing the same song. That's what makes it better, the voice, not the music or words. Also, about being fame hungry, gaga must be doing something right because she has YOU talking about her...

I'm siding with you on this regard...Heidi just can't sing worth a damn.Gaga has the vocal standings that I expect from a artist.

Ayumi partied A LOT and at an Avex owned club at that.That's how she got discovered.She didn't have much trouble with her parents either...It was just rough for her growing up as she felt she was a failure at everything and in turned to partying.

I meant the low self-esteem aspect of their childhood.Very similar mindset which drove them the situations of their eh...addictions/preferred distractions?

Both started off rather original from what I've encountered of their early works,I just feel Gaga sold the (censored) out on her songwriting.

Even I have my ploys with Ayumi's subject matter at times but I find it coherent to her foundation in a lot of cases.
Stef....not so much.
c
I wish I could find that interview where she was asked,how would you describe your music?

she relied with something along the lines of(well to be as exact as possible):

"Generic Soulless Pop"

Hold all flames until I can find the source.I indeed will find it.

edit: and I did.

"The next time somebody accuses Lady Gaga of making "soulless electronic pop", they ought to keep in mind ? that's what she calls it herself. In a recent interview, 2009's weird-pop princess used the phrase to describe her music while waxing lyrical on art, truth and her, er, lady bits."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jul/02/lady-gaga

And coupled with what she defined as soul within the very interview.She is right.That's not what I listen to music for and nor is it what she originally practiced/Ayumi Hamasaki creates music for.I like feeling an artist's personality through ever aspect of a song.

I tend to also like sanity if anyone will argue that it's present.

Oh and Turtlefu

"Her albums seem to mock fame, but she seems more fame-hungry than most pop stars."

That's the irresistible nonsensical aspect that draws people into her via her demeanor and image.Just look at the video in the link too.
Posted on: 2010/4/3 22:54
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>