What would your life be without Utada?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
What would your life be without Utada?
guest_Unregistered
For me, I would have never given J-pop and other Asian music a chance and gotten into them so much. I used to be ignorant to Asian music. Because of Utada, I was introduced to a new realm of music. I can't imagine life without her. There'd be no music to look so eagerly forward to and no sense of musical direction for me. My Utada collection wouldn't even exist!
Posted on: 2010/4/6 21:42
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: What would your life be without Utada?
guest_Unregistered
I would be the days that light would cease, hopelessness and at the edge of myself for the darkness will consume me....
Posted on: 2010/4/6 22:03
  •  AXMA47
      AXMA47
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/M/HI
Quote:

paradiseisland wrote:
For me, I would have never given J-pop and other Asian music a chance and gotten into them so much. I used to be ignorant to Asian music. Because of Utada, I was introduced to a new realm of music. I can't imagine life without her. There'd be no music to look so eagerly forward to and no sense of musical direction for me. My Utada collection wouldn't even exist!

This was really hard to think of but I think am with u on that one except the jpop part I got into it through anime but utada totally opened the door even more than to just anime music she opened my eyes to greatness. 0_0
Posted on: 2010/4/6 23:57
  •  autumnmycat
      autumnmycat
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 21/F/OH
Without Utada? That's like saying living without water. I don't know how I could do it. Her music is one of the reasons I can get through the day most times. Truthfully, though, if she didn't exist, I wouldn't know the difference and I would probably find something else to cling onto, but she's so important to me as a person and a singer that I can't imagine my life without her...
Posted on: 2010/4/7 4:17
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

paradiseisland wrote:

Quoted For Truth.

I just hope that somebody, someday can fill her shoes when she decids to hang them up.
She is a once in a lifetime artist so enjoy her while we got her :)
Posted on: 2010/4/7 9:09
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Without Hikki, I wouldn't have experienced the happiest night of my life. She gives me things to look forward to. Her music also got me through some of the toughest times in my life. Especially when I was living in Japan and was apart from my husband (boyfriend then) for about 3 years. The effect her songs and singing have on me are immense. When I'm down, I listen to her and it instantly brings a smile on my face. Without her, I don't think I would listen to any Japanese music, even though I'm Japanese. Shes helped me to love and appreciate my ethnicity & culture. She gives me the inspiration to chase after my dreams, to become a better person. She is someone I admire and look up to. I know I may sound crazy to some people but thats how much she means to me.
Posted on: 2010/4/7 10:13
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I don't think I would be into Japanese culture, anime, or music as much as I am now. Read more here about my introduction to Utada. I don't even think I would know as much of the Japanese language either, even though I don't speak Japanese, but I've learned a lot of Japanese through this process.
Posted on: 2010/4/7 16:43
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
I've thought about this before, and I realised that I wouldn't be who I am today without her music. I wouldn't know ANY of the people I do today nor even be listening to Asian music in general. Through Utada I have discovered a new apreciation for the Asian culture (AND found out what STARSTRUCK really is O.O). Through Utada, I have found amazing singers, Koda Kumi, Ayumi Hamasaki, Miliyah Kato, to name a few (and I mean a FEW ((there's SOOOO many!). Lastly, through Utada('s name) I was brought to this website which is AMAZING!!! At school, there's noone who likes Utada (or Asian music) but here, I can actually discuss what I like (UTADA, UTADA, UTADA!!!) without people going "What the h--- are you listening to?"
SO, THANK YOU, EVERYONE!

P.S. Did you know there's a new drug going around? Yeah, and it's name is Utada and I'm hooked!!!
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/4/7 17:16
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L Not something you need to know
shit

www.youtube.com/fadcAuTra
Posted on: 2010/4/7 17:59
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
That's a difficult question... I'm not ridiculously obsessed with her so it's not like a gigantic part of my life would be missing, but I think she helped give me a more worldly view of music and pop culture. It's also nice to see a celebrity who's really down-to-earth and true to herself, so I think she also helped positively shape my view of others. It's tough to pinpoint exactly how she has affected me!
Posted on: 2010/4/7 19:19
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic