Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Utada Hikaru look alikes
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoko_Kanno

Utada will probably look a little bit like Yoko Kanno once she gets older.
Posted on: 2010/4/14 15:11
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoko_Kanno

Utada will probably look a little bit like Yoko Kanno once she gets older.

Sry but nope, Yoko bone structure very different with Hikki you can see on Yoko Kanno MySpace. That because i am a big Fans of Yoko Kanno.. love her music.
Posted on: 2010/4/15 5:03
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Oh well, at least in that image. Just remember, she is 18 years and 10 months older than Utada. Notice how I said a little bit like. She doesn't sing though, just composes, conducts, records and plays instruments.

I saw her myspace, and she looks so much different. Doesn't even look close to Utada nowadays.
Posted on: 2010/4/15 15:56
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Um, isn't this kinda going with the stereotype, all asians look-a-like? Not cool, people, especially when referring to Utada.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/4/17 12:54
  •  Suroki
      Suroki
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 30/F
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Um, isn't this kinda going with the stereotype, all asians look-a-like? Not cool, people, especially when referring to Utada.

Not at all; I think it's fine and fun to see. :3
There are hundreds of lookalike threads on the web about many international celebrities, and I doubt that their fans are accusing each other of thinking that all *insert race here* people look alike. I think (...hope) that we're all mature enough to know that it's an incorrect stereotype anyway.

And I mean, as you can tell, everyone here has just bashed on each others' choices anyway, which is kind of ruining the point! No one is going to look exactly like Utada, guys... -__-;
Posted on: 2010/4/26 13:35
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

Suroki wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:

There are hundreds of lookalike threads on the web about many international celebrities, and I doubt that their fans are accusing each other of thinking that all *insert race here* people look alike. I think (...hope) that we're all mature enough to know that it's an incorrect stereotype anyway.

And I mean, as you can tell, everyone here has just bashed on each others' choices anyway, which is kind of ruining the point! No one is going to look exactly like Utada, guys... -__-;

I understand the concept behind the thread, but there are people who are ignorant and believe this stereotype. I, on the other hand despise it. It's false.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/4/26 13:52
  •  HeeKarEww
      HeeKarEww
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

Suroki wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:

I understand the concept behind the thread, but there are people who are ignorant and believe this stereotype. I, on the other hand despise it. It's false.

No, you're wrong. You're always wrong. Stop being such a buzzkill on these forums and just have a little fun.

I generally lurk these forums just for fun, but your annoyingness forced me to come out of the woodwork and make a comment. Stop being lame.
Posted on: 2010/4/30 14:03
  •  sokuri
      sokuri
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 25/F/Kobe, Japan
I actually still have this photo saved on my hard drive that I posted on Hikki Central way back in the day (2004)..I dunno who she is but I remember thinking that she was Hikki when I first saw this magazine...Keep in mind this was during her COLORS era when she had her midlength hair...I think both their hairstyles were almost exactly the same...

Also, in regards to the issue with "this thread is terrible because it reiderates the stereotype that all asians look alike" ..The fact that you immediately think that this thread was created under the pretense of that stereotype is a little ignorant is it not??
Posted on: 2010/4/30 18:41
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
The hair is there; I remember that style Hikki sporting way back when. The face doesn't resemble at all, but the hairstyles are similar and body type are alike to a certain extent: the wide shoulders and chest.
Posted on: 2010/4/30 20:26
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123