•  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Re: JASMINE... ?!!
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

kissthencry wrote:
HAHA.

I knew I'm not the only one who saw that dead ringer!

I love JASMINE's songs :)

She's so amazing! Even her English songs are great and powerful, too!
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/4/11 10:20
  •  kjazz
      kjazz
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Jasmine sounds pretty good. Anyone notice in "sad to say" a borrowed melody out of "simple & clean"?

In the vid - Either way someone was trying to have that short hair look enough to make you wonder.
Posted on: 2010/4/11 12:31
  •  UtadaHikaru124
      UtadaHikaru124
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Miami
I love the new single Jealous omg I'm addicted to it so i had to buy the single CD and i was i noticed that the second song on the album is a song we sing in Church i was like ^_^ awww shes christian just like me!! we have to things in common same b-day and religion!
Posted on: 2010/4/11 13:06
  •  TurtleFu
      TurtleFu
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
"I Need You To Survive" is not a church-specific song.
I mean, she could just sing it as a good song.
Doesn't necessarily mean she's Christian

I love her SO MUCH. She's very, very good, and I love her laid-back R&B songs. I really can't wait for an album!

However, I really don't see ANY similarities between her and Utada. I can't figure out why people say she is the "new Utada". They're completely different. Sure, she may have something similar with First Love-era Utada (they both sing R&B), but that's where the similarities end.
Posted on: 2010/4/11 16:29
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/F/Ottawa, ON
So happy to be spreading the Jasmine Loooove lol

I think she may be a Christian, which surprised me because the percentage of Japanese that are Catholic is pretty low. Anyway I heard her singing background is in choir/gospel. The song MY LIFE, MY LOVE, MY ALL (THIS IS A NOT A GAME single) seems to be pretty religious too.
Posted on: 2010/4/11 17:21
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/F/Ottawa, ON
Yeah I heard she is being compared to the new Utada too... not sure why either. Her look/sound isn't really that similar. I think her popularity has become on the same caliber as Utada Hikaru's First Love though. That's my guess at why she's being called the next Hikaru.
Posted on: 2010/4/11 17:24
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

gateauxQ wrote:
So happy to be spreading the Jasmine Loooove lol

I think she may be a Christian, which surprised me because the percentage of Japanese that are Catholic is pretty low. Anyway I heard her singing background is in choir/gospel. The song MY LIFE, MY LOVE, MY ALL (THIS IS A NOT A GAME single) seems to be pretty religious too.

Who knows? But what I do know is that she has a potty mouth! Have you heard "Sad To Say"? Within the first minute there's four cuss words! But, I don't mind, that song is great and catchy! Let's hope Jasmine musch success. Btw, she's on tour (or is going to be on tour...?) I dunno, it's one of the two! Live in ZEPP!
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/4/11 17:31
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/M/OH
Oh she has to be religious, I just heard her new single "JEALOUS" and the english b-side is TOTALLY a gospel song, about her love of god, in some aspects. :) I love her with a passion though. SHE'S AWESOME!
Posted on: 2010/4/11 19:10
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Utada in the video ????? hmmmmm that's not her, and if its... how much money they will spend to pay Hikki as their video clip model. Must be a lot of yen

And she compared to Hikki its good , but i think she would be like to see or hear as her own style, not compared like other singer like Hikki. Many singer like to be see like that, better or worst.
Posted on: 2010/4/11 23:17
  •  UtadaHikaru124
      UtadaHikaru124
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Miami
I'm telling you she's Christian because like all artist in Universal get a blog on amiba I think that's what it's called but anyways everytime she ends a post she says "God Bless You" which is so awesome just like the wonder girls who updated their twitter with "We love to praise and worship God" Its great to have a new artist like them not afraid to show the true them I really enjoy her music ALOT!!
Posted on: 2010/4/12 6:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>