123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
<3This is the One [[LOVES]] Exodus<3
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Despite many people bashing This is the One and Exodus, I find them great. So many people expect Utada's english music to parallel with her japanese music, but can't we all appreciate the fact that she recognizes that she has fan's in the english community? If you met Utada, would you say to her, "I hate This is the One" or "I hate Exodus"? Probably not. So why do it here? I mean, yeah, they might not be at the "dang, that should get a grammy" status, but at least it's something fresh and new. Why can't we point out the positives in Utada's english music instead of pointing out the flaws? I'm pretty (not) sure that if Utada saw that her "(supposed)FANS" were bashing her english music, she would probably not make anymore. Would you honestly want that? I'd guess no.

Anyways, that's my rant.
This is the one [[LOVES]] Exodus
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/4/17 12:47
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Re: <3This is the One [[LOVES]] Exodus<3
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Can we steer away from using the term ?bashing? and try to reason that all Utada fans have a veritable wealth of views, tastes and opinions that are bound to differ, please leave behind the notion that putting a ?voice? to these ?likes? or ?dislikes? does not equate to either ?love? or ?hate?. ......
Posted on: 2010/4/17 14:01
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
Can we steer away from using the term ?bashing? and try to reason that all Utada fans have a veritable wealth of views, tastes and opinions that are bound to differ, please leave behind the notion that putting a ?voice? to these ?likes? or ?dislikes? does not equate to either ?love? or ?hate?. ......

Have you read many of the comments people have made about her english works? Many, MANY, say "I hate..." or "I would banish..." and on and on. The point I am trying to get across is that appreciation of the work is key. And lastly, even if someone says they "hate" or "dislike" they still might appreciate what's been done, but how deep is it compared to something they "love" or "like"? Not far probably.
Posted on: 2010/4/17 16:41
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:

Have you read many of the comments people have made about her english works? Many, MANY, say "I hate..." or "I would banish..." and on and on. The point I am trying to get across is that appreciation of the work is key. And lastly, even if someone says they "hate" or "dislike" they still might appreciate what's been done, but how deep is it compared to something they "love" or "like"? Not far probably.

Of course I'm not gonna appreciate "Poppin'" nearly as much as I do "traveling".I'm not any less of a fan.Maybe I'm just sane :/ I tend to say what I don't like and way not to bring down an artist,but to point out that I know they can do better.I loved Exodus but I'm force to realize that it's writing sucks.I hated "the workout" for a very long time and it grew on me as of last year.I can't say that the song was written well now that I like it :/ .Hikaru's English works aren't entirely geared towards here American fans of her Japanese works.I can question if TiTO had us in mind at all.In some sense,It doesn't even feel like her's.I'm not a fan for feeling that way?I think that shows a lot of my attention is devoted towards her work if I can make such an analysis.
Posted on: 2010/4/18 13:58
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:

Of course I'm not gonna appreciate "Poppin'" nearly as much as I do "traveling".I'm not any less of a fan.Maybe I'm just sane :/ I tend to say what I don't like and way not to bring down an artist,but to point out that I know they can do better.I loved Exodus but I'm force to realize that it's writing sucks.I hated "the workout" for a very long time and it grew on me as of last year.I can't say that the song was written well now that I like it :/ .Hikaru's English works aren't entirely geared towards here American fans of her Japanese works.I can question if TiTO had us in mind at all.In some sense,It doesn't even feel like her's.I'm not a fan for feeling that way?I think that shows a lot of my attention is devoted towards her work if I can make such an analysis.

Noone said anything about being less of a fan for not liking the song and also noone is getting what I'm saying. The main thing is appreciate the fact that she even made the song. Appreciate the fact that she even released new music because she doesn't have to. Just be appreciative. End.
Posted on: 2010/4/18 14:04
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:

Noone said anything about being less of a fan for not liking the song and also noone is getting what I'm saying. The main thing is appreciate the fact that she even made the song. Appreciate the fact that she even released new music because she doesn't have to. Just be appreciative. End.

But it wasn't good!Why should I not be allowed to express that I don't like it?She won't get paid anything if she doesn't release any music.She's not really supplementing my means of living.We are her's by buying her music/seeing her live.I'm appreciate that she does good work and I'd also appreciate that she'd continue for the sake of our interest in her style that we've fell in love with as well as for her career to continue.
Posted on: 2010/4/18 14:41
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:

But it wasn't good!Why should I not be allowed to express that I don't like it?She won't get paid anything if she doesn't release any music.She's not really supplementing my means of living.We are her's by buying her music/seeing her live.I'm appreciate that she does good work and I'd also appreciate that she'd continue for the sake of our interest in her style that we've fell in love with as well as for her career to continue.

Noone said you can't you can't express how you feel. Just appreciate her work. You don't have to verbally just internally.
Posted on: 2010/4/18 14:47
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:

Noone said you can't you can't express how you feel. Just appreciate her work. You don't have to verbally just internally.

Maybe you should read your first post.
Posted on: 2010/4/18 14:52
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:

Internally?

And how can we express and share our opinion internally? Telepathy?
Posted on: 2010/4/18 14:52
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:

Internally?

And how can we express and share our opinion internally? Telepathy?

I want to be telepathic...
Posted on: 2010/4/18 14:54
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>