<1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Very long time Utada fans?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

goku1337 wrote:
Very first time i heard Hikaru Sama sing was in 2004 or when ever kingdom Hearts came out. i heard simple and clean on tv, my friend came over that day an said he had a new game little did i know it was kingdom hearts, he came over to download some music of my itunes, an i was watching Pokemon 2000 for the 18 time then i heard that beautiful song that i heard on tv - from my computer , so i said hey whats the name of that song an , he told me simple and clean bro this japanese girl sings it her names utada. after that day or year i became more of a Utada Fan than my friend even he said i have , Today out of all my friend i know everything there is to know about hikaru ive heard most of her songs an i have all her CD Form Yes Asian.com

Similar story to mine.

I love it how people had similar experiences like me. I was watching Yu-Gi-Oh! on TV, and I saw that commercial. Once I heard it, my life changed forever. It had an epic intro, epic song, epic gameplay video, and epic ending announcement. The more recent KH commercial was kind of shocking for me to hear it, but it was rather depressing. I heard the words "Kingdom Hearts", and the 2 words that came to my head were "Utada Hikaru". So I heard Sanctuary, but the announcer guy was talking through the whole thing. Sanctuary is a good song, but it isn't catchy enough for a 1st impression.
Posted on: 2010/4/25 19:44
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
Quote:

goku1337 wrote:
Very first time i heard Hikaru Sama sing was in 2004 or when ever kingdom Hearts came out. i heard simple and clean on tv, my friend came over that day an said he had a new game little did i know it was kingdom hearts, he came over to download some music of my itunes, an i was watching Pokemon 2000 for the 18 time then i heard that beautiful song that i heard on tv - from my computer , so i said hey whats the name of that song an , he told me simple and clean bro this japanese girl sings it her names utada. after that day or year i became more of a Utada Fan than my friend even he said i have , Today out of all my friend i know everything there is to know about hikaru ive heard most of her songs an i have all her CD Form Yes Asian.com

Similar story to mine.

I love it how people had similar experiences like me. I was watching Yu-Gi-Oh! on TV, and I saw that commercial. Once I heard it, my life changed forever. It had an epic intro, epic song, epic gameplay video, and epic ending announcement. The more recent KH commercial was kind of shocking for me to hear it, but it was rather depressing. I heard the words "Kingdom Hearts", and the 2 words that came to my head were "Utada Hikaru". So I heard Sanctuary, but the announcer guy was talking through the whole thing. Sanctuary is a good song, but it isn't catchy enough for a 1st impression.

You probably don't think it's catchy for a first impression because it's not many people's first Utada song. When someone plays a game, they start with the first, which would give you Simple & Clean.
Sanctuary is just as catchy as Simple & Clean. Utada was also more creative with it, too. The drums are unlike anything that has been done today. The words go more with KH than S&C and the lyrics that are backwords are unique, too. Sanctuary is amazing and is catchy enough for a first impression. And the recent commercial you're talking about is probably KH: 358/2, right? They're selling the game, not the song.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/4/25 19:57
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
1999 i forgot which one is first "Automatic" or "First love"
Posted on: 2010/4/25 21:56
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
for me it was ....either 1999 or 2000 :DDD
Posted on: 2010/4/26 2:17
  •  Kumabear
      Kumabear
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Manila , Philippines
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:

First is Automatic. Then the album called First love came in second .

* Oh damn i miss the cassette tapes :) .
Posted on: 2010/4/26 2:30
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
she was brought to my attention due to KH but it wasn't til I heard traveling in 2004 did I become a fan.I think I listened to DEEP RIVER in full at least 300+ times that summer.Kettobase!! is respectively my 2nd favorite Hikaru song of all time due to the EP release of that album.Taiwan knows how to repackage!
Posted on: 2010/4/26 2:31
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

Kumabear wrote:
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:

First is Automatic. Then the album called First love came in second .

* Oh damn i miss the cassette tapes :) .

I mean the PV that make me hooked me into XD. I have Utada Cassette tapes album what a memory
Posted on: 2010/4/27 21:11
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
i started to like her songs around late 2004 through a friend that likes jpop songs...
Posted on: 2010/6/27 0:13
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
i started to like her songs around late 2004 through a friend that likes jpop songs...
Posted on: 2010/6/27 0:14
  •  Hikkis1in1million
      Hikkis1in1million
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 13/F/UK
I think it was when the first Kingdom hearts was out and I heard my sister playing S&C on her Itunes. I also heard Stuff like Easy Breezy and Exodus '04 playing in her room sometimes. I liked the songs and sang along but I didn't know it was Hikki-Sama until 2008 when I searched eazy breezy in google. Then i went on YouTube, Searched her name and then listened to some japanese stuff.

The Flavor of life, The Flavor of life ~
Posted on: 2010/6/27 3:23
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>