A/S/L 16/Male/Singapore
I am her fan for 4 years.
Posted on: 2010/6/27 6:12
Re: Very long time Utada fans?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16/Male/Singapore
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
she was brought to my attention due to KH but it wasn't til I heard traveling in 2004 did I become a fan.I think I listened to DEEP RIVER in full at least 300+ times that summer.Kettobase!! is respectively my 2nd favorite Hikaru song of all time due to the EP release of that album.Taiwan knows how to repackage!

I have Listen To Deep Rivers More Many Hundred Times too~
Amazing time the song can last without getting tired of it.
Anyway I Love Many Of Her songs, her UtadaUNITED 2006 Is Awesome Too!
Posted on: 2010/6/27 6:16
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
I'm a 4 year Utada fan, but the first time I heard her voice was in 2004 when I played Kingdom Hearts 1.

My middle school was on locked down. Really stupid, its when the teachers move from class to class and you sit at the same desk the whole day. Me and my friends would have daily Kingdom Hearts discussions. Four of us had the game and we were all trying to beat it at the same time. Naturally, I was the last one to finish. When I beat the game and heard "Sanctuary~after the battle" it clicked on me that this was the same girl who sang "Simple and Clean" from KH1 two years before.

I looked the songs up on YouTube and watched KHs music videos. One of the related videos was the "First Love" PV. I clicked and was like....wow she's young...and Asian. I wasn't sure if it was the same girl because she sounded so much younger. Tat was the first time I had seen an Asian pop star. I think the second song I heard of Utada was "Traveling" and I did not like it.

As odd as it sounds, I got used to Utada's older music before the new stuff. I liked "First Love" and "Time Will Tell" before "Keep Tryin" and "Sakura Drops". I think the moment I fell in love with Utada was when I saw some of her live performances.
Posted on: 2010/6/27 11:40
  •  newt456
      newt456
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I am one of those who first heard of Utada after Kingdom Hearts. I loved the song at first and I looked at the credits to find out the artist and memorized the name. I forgot about it for what I think was 2-3 years when one day I randomly decided to hear it again. I still loved it and happened to find out that there was a Japanese version, Hikari.

From then on, my world was opened into Japanese music and as I look back, it is amazing how just this one person changed me so much . I remember that the first song that I liked after Simple and Clean was Colors.
Posted on: 2010/6/27 15:09
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16/Male/Singapore
Quote:

newt456 wrote:
I am one of those who first heard of Utada after Kingdom Hearts. I loved the song at first and I looked at the credits to find out the artist and memorized the name. I forgot about it for what I think was 2-3 years when one day I randomly decided to hear it again. I still loved it and happened to find out that there was a Japanese version, Hikari.

From then on, my world was opened into Japanese music and as I look back, it is amazing how just this one person changed me so much . I remember that the first song that I liked after Simple and Clean was Colors.

Yea me too,it sudden dawn and open the door of Japan Music And Culture to me, And i really thanks her for that.
Also, i nvr regretted buying CDs of her no matter how far.
Also,The first song i heard of her Was Uso Mitai I Love You.
I was 12 at that time, so still not much dwell on her.
Slowly When i was 13-14 i heard her First love and Letters.
Thats when i'm interested in her.
Then My 1st Video I saw Of her Is Prisoner Of Love.
Thats When I Love her very much lol.
Of cuz Love her as a singer, not girlfriend lol.
Cause I already have someone in mind (My Classmate )
Super Beautiful!
Posted on: 2010/6/28 0:15
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Been a fan since 2000 when I heard "First Love". Hooked ever since.
Posted on: 2010/6/28 12:25
  •  tempest_phoenix
      tempest_phoenix
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/M/NorthernIreland
Been a fan since Traveling in 2001, nearly a bloody decade! Can't wait for her to release some new material.
Posted on: 2010/6/28 13:23
  •  Studebaker
      Studebaker
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Since the Kingdom Hearts era, like everyone else.
Good times.
Posted on: 2010/6/29 10:28
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I see that not that many people outside of Japan would care about her if it wasn't for Kingdom Hearts.
Posted on: 2010/6/29 18:54
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
I see that not that many people outside of Japan would care about her if it wasn't for Kingdom Hearts.

I understand what you mean, but, it's more like we wouldn't have had the exposure if it wasn't for Kingdom Hearts. We liked the song, not because it was used in Kingdom Hearts, but beause of the singing, music, lyrics, etc.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/6/29 20:49
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>