Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Utada no longer listed on IDJ! Update: She is back on!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Utada no longer listed on IDJ!
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Hooray!

No more Utada, but more Utada Hikaru :D. Her English albums were just trying to please the American market, and not really much on the Japanese market.
Posted on: 2010/4/29 17:37
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
I'm not exactly dissapointed she left IDJ but I will be if that was the last of her English music. I would love to hear more. I am more a fan of her Japanese stuff but that's only cuz she has more of it. I'd love to see a few more English albums cuz I bet we'd see so much different stuff. But right now i'm really looking forward to some new Japanese material! Hikaru, where are yooooooooou??

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2010/4/29 17:45
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
This is from an interview:

And a lot of my other friends who live in other countries said, ?Wow, this sounds so American, it sounds like it should be a big hit.? Why have you chosen now to come back to do another English-language album?

Probably because I had a contract left [laughs]. I was contracted to do one more, and the record company, Island Def Jam, would say ?when, when?,? and I would do two Japanese albums and they would [say] ?when are you doing an American one?? and I was like, ?Uh, I?ll get on it soon,? and I then I finally began working on it about a year ago, and it?s about almost done.

Hopefully, she still continues doing English work, even if it takes another five years.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/4/29 19:16
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
Hooray!
Her English albums were just trying to please the American market, and not really much on the Japanese market.

Exodus was trying to please the American market? Exodus was way out there and extremely different from anything on the American market. Even she knew it wouldn't get played on mainstream radio. lol

This Is The One is another story. It was a good album nonetheless.

But I'm kinda glad that she's not doing anymore English music. No one respected her or heard of her for that matter besides her fans and that was the labels fault. So why would she renew it? She hall all the success and respect anyone could ever want in Japan. But yet I still wanna hear some English music.... lol
Posted on: 2010/4/29 20:09
  •  Kumabear
      Kumabear
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Manila , Philippines
An album / artist just need good promotion and exposure so that the public would be aware of it .
Posted on: 2010/4/29 20:26
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
Hooray!

No more Utada, but more Utada Hikaru :D. Her English albums were just trying to please the American market, and not really much on the Japanese market.

Oh please honestly!
Exodus was not a radio friendly album.

I'm hoping she signs with Capital which is a subsidiary of EMI. Or EMI or EMI Japan, Selena's english debut album was released on EMI Latin Utada should have done the same with EMI Japan or EMI.

I hope we still get the tour DVD..
Posted on: 2010/4/30 5:49
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
I think it is a case of contract completed ...job done ...the whole music industry is in a period of rapid change ....Utada?s problem?s along with other artists associated with Toshiba/EMI are only just about to begin.....

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=a_sonr_uSkgk

Citigroup will crash and burn EMI if Terra Firma Capital Partners Ltd default ....

Hold on to yourselves.. KKR and Warner could well own what is remaining of Hikki?s contract with EMI/Toshiba Japan...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/7443456/KKR-and-Warner-Music-talk-over-break-up-bid-for-EMI.html

There will be a ?fire sale? ...times are a changing ....
Posted on: 2010/4/30 7:05
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Its only a disappointment because she had the "In The Flesh" tour and I guess a lot of her fans expected to see more activity after that. Such as a new pv from TITO. But other than that, there is no reason to be with IDJ. It was only a 2 album contract. She finally released her 2nd English album after 5 years. I mean, it could've happened years ago. And I don't think she was looking for more fame out of this. Sure she was going for more mainstream with TITO but there was already a big fan base out here. She knew that and gave us a chance to see her over here. She tried the American market because there was an opportunity. Honestly I would like to hear more of her English stuff as much as her Japanese. But if she is able to do that with EMI then thats great. Though after reading the links pips provided, I don't know.
Posted on: 2010/4/30 9:48
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
No expalanation from IDJ, for me its like yesterday she was doing a US and UK Tour.

Do you think the Tour were failed and IDJ lost large amount of money because of that... Utada were failed to make money for IDJ, she's not sexy enough to sell and the blablabla thing

No, the tour was a huge success if anything they wanted to move the concerts to larger venues because there was such a high demand.

IDJ had no intention of promoting Utada ever and L.A Reid made promises to Utada before she signed the contract that he couldn't keep.

And about her long absence from her japanese music has it crossed anyone's mind that maybe Hikki is getting married or having a baby soon?
Why would she be so eager about learning how to cook all of a sudden?
Posted on: 2010/4/30 10:09
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Here's an idea, what if Utada created her own record lable? There's been several artists who've done this both in America and Asia. She then could work at her own speed. Also, she could sign other artists that she thinks are good! That'd be amazing to have a bunch of Hikki prot?g?'s! That would be great!
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/4/30 12:42
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>