Help me identify some Japanese items?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Help me identify some Japanese items?
guest_Unregistered
Okay, so I'm a big fan of Japanese stuff. Me and my partner have a few little things on display and I'm always searching for more stuff to add to my little collection. We were at a rummage sale yesterday and I noticed a scoop that I thought was very interesting. It seemed to be part of a smallish box of stuff that looked to be all part of one set.

I asked the seller about it and she told me that it was given to her by a man whose mother had just passed away and had been all assembled when he went to find it a new home. So I'm thinking it all belongs together, but I'm not quite sure how it goes together or what the item even is. There was some katakana or kanji (I don't read any languages other than English, so I don't know which it is) engraved on the scoop that I'm hoping might give a clue.

There are several other items, including a couple of what appear to be cages of some sort, a tray, a couple of things that look like they were used for grinding and some other pieces.

I know this isn't "Japanese Antique Roadshow" or anything, but I'm rarely social on ANY websites in general, much less ones that are tangentially related to Asian stuff.

If anyone has any idea as to what these pieces are, please let me know either here or through Flickr comments. I'd love to get it set up if I knew how and what it was.

Flickr page for 'Japanese Antique Roadshow'

Thanks!
Hazumuchan
Posted on: 2010/5/9 7:29
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: Help me identify some Japanese items?
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
First item
I think i saw this item from TV, its for chopstick to eat cakes on Tea ceremony. Sry not sure

Second item : Hanger
Hanger for bird toy, you hang it on it... perhaps. We have those thing in old days

4th item Cage
for cricket cage maybe

6th item
duel arena for cricket on my place we dueling crickets which one the best, we step and crushed the lost one jk we released it. Maybe it look like that here

7th item Jade
some kind ceremonial thing, you pour sake and zip it ?
Posted on: 2010/5/9 21:32
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic