•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Re: Utada may withdraw from the US
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
I feel bad for Utada =/
She worked so hard for (writing, and to an extent, promoting)this english album and people return it and the albums sales are bad. At least her tour was all sold out haha.

And for as for BoA, she kinda sucks now. and her album sold 11,000 even less than Utada's. Even this guy i know who was BoA obsessed says she sucks now.
Posted on: 2010/5/19 20:39
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

DEEPRlVER wrote:
Quote:

joeri wrote:
Boa has more succes then utada, and that is for a reason.

her (utada's) english music just sucks, it is hard to hear for utada fans (like myself) but it is the truth.

Bioa on the other hand has nice music that you can actually dance on that is where utada lacks...talent i suppose..

i dont mind if she never makes an english album again her japanese music is way better anyway (although it has been better ) and she quits when she is 28 so its almost done for her...

"Bioa"'s album didn't even chart in the top 100. "Biao" had no tour in the US. "Bioa"'s songs did not reach the radio positions that Utada's song did. "Bioa"'s so called "Engrish" career turned her into a tired, drained-looking lesbian creature. Utada doesnt lack talent. She writes her music. "Bioa" doesnt even write and when she does, it's crappy ass shit like "Identity"

That said Utada will never succeed here. She just doesnt try. I wish she would but if she isn't happy doing it, then so be it. At least we still have her Japanese work.

You should get an award. Everything you said was true.

It doesn't sound like joeri is a fan at all.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/5/19 20:59
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

山本_passion wrote:
I feel bad for Utada =/
She worked so hard for (writing, and to an extent, promoting)this english album and people return it and the albums sales are bad. At least her tour was all sold out haha.

And for as for BoA, she kinda sucks now. and her album sold 11,000 even less than Utada's. Even this guy i know who was BoA obsessed says she sucks now.

Her sales weren't that bad. When Lady Gaga first came out, noone wanted to play her music. It took almost a whole year.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/5/19 21:01
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

joeri wrote:

her (utada's) english music just sucks, it is hard to hear for utada fans (like myself) but it is the truth.

Bioa on the other hand has nice music that you can actually dance on that is where utada lacks...talent i suppose..

i dont mind if she never makes an english album again her japanese music is way better anyway (although it has been better ) and she quits when she is 28 so its almost done for her...

you are no fan, go back into your cave mr. troll.
Posted on: 2010/5/19 21:23
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Joeri were back welcome yo , i dont know you were fans of BoA lol

Back on topic

If she doesn't renew her contract at IDJ..... i don't mind. First US not the north pole of music industry, Europe have a better music market, they were more appreciate to music than US.

In the US if you were a female singer, if you want to be famous, you only need great body show some skin or a lot of skin...... that's all..... voice number blablabla, lyric's number blablabla, for example who ? you all already knew it. In the 90's female singer can show their powerful vocal... but now only a few.

Go World Wide Utada Hikaru
Posted on: 2010/5/19 22:54
Administrator
A/S/L
First of all ... its obvious this guy was not at any of the ITF shows ... or even seen video/photos ... The shows were PACKED, theres no room for just sitting around having food. It was standing room only, with people pressed up against you from all around ...

And even if her IDJ contract is up, it doesnt mean shes done with the states - in fact it might be better if she werent with IDJ as a label ... (there are other labels)
Besides, im sure Hikki was really touched by the overwhelming turn out at all her live events in the states, to simply abandon her fans here.

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2010/5/20 1:07
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Joeri were back welcome yo , i dont know you were fans of BoA lol

Back on topic

If she doesn't renew her contract at IDJ..... i don't mind. First US not the north pole of music industry, Europe have a better music market, they were more appreciate to music than US.

In the US if you were a female singer, if you want to be famous, you only need great body show some skin or a lot of skin...... that's all..... voice number blablabla, lyric's number blablabla, for example who ? you all already knew it. In the 90's female singer can show their powerful vocal... but now only a few.

Go World Wide Utada Hikaru

Agreed; I think this is key to any future success Utada will have in markets outside of Japan. She has to start promoting herself based on her appeal as an INTERNATIONAL music phenomenon- not writing for an "American" audience or a "Japanese" audience but for a global audience.

I think with TITO people felt let down because Utada proved that she could write and sing with the best of the mainstream, but to her existing fans...that isn't very impressive. We expect her to make an art that is all her own, which is, perhaps, a misplaced expectation; I think the intention behind TITO and the reception of it were very different. For Utada, and the way I personally view TITO, the album was an exploration and redefining of her roots after taking so many steps into the experimental- from "Deep River" onward, persistently. I think Utada wants to avoid feeling contrived and in order to do that she has to remind herself of the rote basics at times. The timing for this exercise just happened to conveniently coincide with an English-language release. For her listeners, I think it was harder to swallow. The transition from "Exodus" to "This Is The One" is not exactly smooth, but if you put it into the context of her larger body of work, it makes a lot more sense. Perhaps this is just me reading too much into TITO in order to justify it because I shamelessly adore it, but we all know Utada is in a constant mode of discovery and play and curiosity. I think she's also intelligent enough to know when she needs to step back and ground herself to some kind of foundation. In that regard, she could have done far, far worse than TITO.
Posted on: 2010/5/20 1:44
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Utada had spent more than 10 years at the top of her profession, giving fans some special musical moments to treasure,both inspiring and emotional,I hope U3 negotiate an extension to Hikki?s US contract that enables Utada to continue and have future opportunities to make that elusive breakthrough in the US, Utada has the will and talent to succeed and at 27, time is on Hikki?s side ...
Posted on: 2010/5/20 4:16
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

DEEPRlVER wrote:
Quote:

joeri wrote:

"Bioa"'s album didn't even chart in the top 100. "Biao" had no tour in the US. "Bioa"'s songs did not reach the radio positions that Utada's song did. "Bioa"'s so called "Engrish" career turned her into a tired, drained-looking lesbian creature. Utada doesnt lack talent. She writes her music. "Bioa" doesnt even write and when she does, it's crappy ass shit like "Identity"

That said Utada will never succeed here. She just doesnt try. I wish she would but if she isn't happy doing it, then so be it. At least we still have her Japanese work.

You should get an award. Everything you said was true.

It doesn't sound like joeri is a fan at all.

BoA didn't exactly compromise creativity however.The US album was just terrible;It didn't come as a complete shock that it sounded the way it did.Identity wasn't as fail as I thought it be either.Though I must say I'm not in love with the album.BoA's US album was outsold by TiTO by 6,000 copies.TiTO sold only 17,000.The odd thing is...I feel Utada has nothing to show for it.BoA's album tanked but I still know more people that are completely unfamiliar with East Asia's music scene that know "Eat you up" than I do that know any of Hikaru's US works.BoA's album ranked #127 on top 100 vs. TiTO's #69,but it proceeded to out rank TiTO on dance and heatseekers charts.

Utada had an album and 4 games worth of promotion.I think BoA did ok considering that Utada only sold 6,000 more albums.Ok by means of East Asia artists in our market,those sells are still jank.Little Dragon and La Roux are doing better here than Utada & BoA's USA sells combined.I simply don't this East Asia can do it.I actually don't want them to break through here.I like being able to sit on stage because their is no room for the other 23 people that came to a small venue to see the artist.It's not hindering their careers at all,they are going for international success after they've reach it in their native regions.

And umm...since when is BoA bi?Did you assume this because she performed at the Gay Pride Parade?It's called exposure.She performed at such a large "controversial" event to gain exposure.Her hair cut is not butchy all either.I think it's very nice.And if this is even about the Eien video,get over yourselves.
Posted on: 2010/5/20 7:36
  •  marcocsb
      marcocsb
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:

Agreed; I think this is key to any future success Utada will have in markets outside of Japan. She has to start promoting herself based on her appeal as an INTERNATIONAL music phenomenon- not writing for an "American" audience or a "Japanese" audience but for a global audience.

I think with TITO people felt let down because Utada proved that she could write and sing with the best of the mainstream, but to her existing fans...that isn't very impressive. We expect her to make an art that is all her own, which is, perhaps, a misplaced expectation; I think the intention behind TITO and the reception of it were very different. For Utada, and the way I personally view TITO, the album was an exploration and redefining of her roots after taking so many steps into the experimental- from "Deep River" onward, persistently. I think Utada wants to avoid feeling contrived and in order to do that she has to remind herself of the rote basics at times. The timing for this exercise just happened to conveniently coincide with an English-language release. For her listeners, I think it was harder to swallow. The transition from "Exodus" to "This Is The One" is not exactly smooth, but if you put it into the context of her larger body of work, it makes a lot more sense. Perhaps this is just me reading too much into TITO in order to justify it because I shamelessly adore it, but we all know Utada is in a constant mode of discovery and play and curiosity. I think she's also intelligent enough to know when she needs to step back and ground herself to some kind of foundation. In that regard, she could have done far, far worse than TITO.

I couldn't agree more, i'm not Japanese but i like way more her work for japanese audience rather than her work for american audience and i think that's the case for most of her fans worldwide, so yeah she should focus on international audience. She should focus on the kind of people that really appreciates music and not on americans that only listen to hot girls music.
Posted on: 2010/5/20 7:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...11>